2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could Honda Insight Side Mirrors fit the FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Could Honda Insight Side Mirrors fit the FIT?

Hello FitFreaks!
I was at the Honda Service department at the dealership today and was looking over a Honda Insight while I was waiting for my car and I noticed it's side mirrors look very similar in shape to the Fit's side mirrors. Would it be possible to get a pair of the Insight side mirrors to install on the Fit?
Has anyone tried this? Let me know, please, since I've been lusting over the european/japanese "winkers" since I saw a post here of someone that installed them onto their american Fit.

Insight's side mirror photo

Fit's side mirror photo

Old 08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
They look exactly the same so I don't know why they wouldn't work. Try it!

Old 08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe ask the parts department if they have any and you can have a look at the mountings to see...it'd be nice to have one of each side by side.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Been discussed. I think it will take alot of $$. plus they are heated so a separate harness is required.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...amiliar-2.html

Old 08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
The bases are definitely different, but it looks like you could mount the insight mirror to the fit's mirror base.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
I don't get it... why get the Insight mirrors??? for the winker? for the auto-fold? or the heated option? There are Fit mirrors that will do those features already and they look pretty much identical as the Insights mirrors...

from Niko's DIY sticky thread toward the top of this forum's page... ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...s-winkers.html

Originally Posted by niko3257
I was so surprised that these came in today.
i wasn't expecting them till next week.

Honda part #'s from Dave's sticky thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ts-thread.html

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

( JDM Power folding mirrors with turn indicator )

1) Right LED Folding mirror, P/N 76208-TFO-J11
2) Left LED Folding mirror, P/N 76258-TFO-J11
3) Power folding type mirror switch assy, P/N 35190-TFO-J01
4) LED winker light right side, P/N 34300-TFO-003
5) LED winker light left side, P/N 34350-TFO-003
6) LED side mirror cover Tidewater Blue, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZC (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZC
7) LED side mirror cover Crystal Black, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZD (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZD
8) LED side mirror cover Taffeta White, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZE (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZE
9) LED side mirror cover Storm Silver, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZG (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZG
10) LED side mirror cover Milano Red, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZL (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZL
11) LED side mirror cover Blackberry Pearl, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZJ (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZJ
12) LED side mirror cover Blue Sensation, P/N (Right) 76201-TFO-M01ZB (Left) 76251-TFO-M01ZB

( JDM Side Mirror Lens Wide View )

1) Aqua Clean mirror/ lens set, P/N 08V11-TFO-000

You can buy the Honda FIT (GE8) heated mirrors from Canada as they have them on their Fits...
Zakurie is selling his in this thread --- > https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...irrors-us.html
If my job wasn't so slow and sporadic, and if I wasn't in so much debt I'd buy them.

So far a few people have bought the auto-fold mirrors but they are all waiting for Dave's DIY...

pardon me for my ignorance, but what's the benefit of going with the Insight mirrors over the GE8's?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
I don't get it... why get the Insight mirrors??? for the winker? for the auto-fold? or the heated option? There are Fit mirrors that will do those features already and they look pretty much identical as the Insights mirrors...

pardon me for my ignorance, but what's the benefit of going with the Insight mirrors over the GE8's?
Hi Fit Stir, I'm not sure if there is any benefit to it. I was just pointing out the similarity... One thing does seem evident, since The LED Honda Fit folding mirrors are not sold in the American version of the Fit, then I assume you can't find those anywhere near... However, the Honda Insight cars in the North American version DO have the LED side mirrors, I assume they will be easily available in this market soon for replacement parts.

I've been looking at those posts that you pointed out but they got the LED side mirrors from a seller on ebay that sells from Japan, that's all cool but I've been looking at his items for sale and no mirrors for now...

I don't really care about the heated ones since I live in Florida, even the folding option isn't really what I'm looking for... I just love the look of the "winkers."

Old 08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Ohhh.. ok since they are available at the dealers.... still though I'd assume the local dealer would have them more expensive, than just buying the LED winker/cover combo, but I see the convenience... For ~ $180 you can have them shipped to the US from Japan from this seller ---> eBay My World - plijokkjiu46521kkjh

I've bought quite a few things from him (two seperate orders), and he's 1000% legit, official, and everything.. (I think he works at Honda Japan) He rarely has them listed, but just shoot him a pm, he can get anything JDM Honda... None of the parts I bought from him were ever listed, I just did 2 bulk orders to save on shipping.. Dave's a good option as well, but he's rarely around these days...

Although you'd have to get them shipped from Japan at about $180 +/- with yen exchange rates, that's a pretty low price, I think the Insight's would cost much more.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Ohhh.. ok since they are available at the dealers.... still though I'd assume the local dealer would have them more expensive, than just buying the LED winker/cover combo, but I see the convenience... For ~ $180 you can have them shipped to the US from Japan from this seller ---> eBay My World - plijokkjiu46521kkjh

I've bought quite a few things from him (two seperate orders), and he's 1000% legit, official, and everything.. (I think he works at Honda Japan) He rarely has them listed, but just shoot him a pm, he can get anything JDM Honda... None of the parts I bought from him were ever listed, I just did 2 bulk orders to save on shipping.. Dave's a good option as well, but he's rarely around these days...

Although you'd have to get them shipped from Japan at about $180 +/- with yen exchange rates, that's a pretty low price, I think the Insight's would cost much more.
ive been keeping up with dave cuz i getting a big order from him soon. hes just busy with work but he'll be back soon

Old 08-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by mugen666
I e-mailed the guy from Japan and he does not have them anymore. He didn't mention ever getting them again. Someone going over to Japan anytime soon?

If the Insight mirrors are the same, it would be a great find. I wonder if there is an online Honda parts dealers like College Hills over in Japan. That would be awesome.
I also contacted the ebay guy and he said that he doesn't have them anymore. I wonder if he got in any trouble or just wasn't profitable for him since he had free shipping to U.S. Bummer... I'll keep looking for the folding LED "winkers".