2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with the 2010 Honda Fit use the ATEQ QuickSet tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Anyone with the 2010 Honda Fit use the ATEQ QuickSet tool

I tried to order one from Tire Rack and they said that my 2010 Fit isn't compatible at the time. I emailed ATEQ for a response and they said it should work since it works on the 2009 Fit, but they haven't had a chance to field test it on any cars. Has anyone here with a 2010 used the tool?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joro
I tried to order one from Tire Rack and they said that my 2010 Fit isn't compatible at the time. I emailed ATEQ for a response and they said it should work since it works on the 2009 Fit, but they haven't had a chance to field test it on any cars. Has anyone here with a 2010 used the tool?
I haven't been able to get it to work with Windows 7. I get a "ATEQ RS232 Emulation - Device driver software was not successfully installed" message. Their website is next to useless for support. When I bought mine in April, Tire Rack said that it was supposed to be updated for the 2010 Fit this summer (summer is now half over.) So, it appears I'm stuck with an expensive and useless gadget.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by sparkyr
I haven't been able to get it to work with Windows 7. I get a "ATEQ RS232 Emulation - Device driver software was not successfully installed" message. Their website is next to useless for support.
Make sure you are installing in full admin mode in win7 then run installation by right-click option (do not double click) then choose Run as Admin then proceed to install and run app/prog thru Run as Admin

Old 07-13-2010, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
Make sure you are installing in full admin mode in win7 then run installation by right-click option (do not double click) then choose Run as Admin then proceed to install and run app/prog thru Run as Admin
Thanks -- I'll try that.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Thanks -- I'll try that.
Get it working?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
I plan to get one of these soon. If it doesn't work well with Windows 7 I can always use my Netbook, which has Windows XP.

If you get it working once, I guess that's all you need to get it programmed. Then as long as you have the sensors stored in the device it won't need to be reconnected to the computer until you have new sensors.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
Get it working?
No. I emailed ATEQ about my problem with the driver installation and they promptly responded with a link to a page with all their downloads.

TPMS Tool - Support

I downloaded the driver and info files. The driver installed okay, it appeared, but when I launched ATEQ again I got the same result — driver installation failed, contact manufacturer. I rebooted and tried again, but got the same. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Frustrated.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 PM
No. I emailed ATEQ about my problem with the driver installation and they promptly responded with a link to a page with all their downloads.

TPMS Tool - Support

I downloaded the driver and info files. The driver installed okay, it appeared, but when I launched ATEQ again I got the same result — driver installation failed, contact manufacturer. I rebooted and tried again, but got the same. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Frustrated.
Have you tried running it in compatibility mode. If you have Windows 7 Pro, you could also try downloading XP mode.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Have you tried running it in compatibility mode. If you have Windows 7 Pro, you could also try downloading XP mode.
Since I'm primarily a Mac user, I'm not familiar with many of the secrets of Windows OSs. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I don't know what "compatibility mode" is. Can you point me in the right direction? I appreciate your suggestions.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Since I'm primarily a Mac user, I'm not familiar with many of the secrets of Windows OSs. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I don't know what "compatibility mode" is. Can you point me in the right direction? I appreciate your suggestions.
Just right click on what you want to run. Select properties -> Compatibility (tab). You'll see something called "Compatibility Mode" and it should be fairly straight forward from there.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Just right click on what you want to run. Select properties -> Compatibility (tab). You'll see something called "Compatibility Mode" and it should be fairly straight forward from there.
After many delays, I finally got back to working on this and that did the trick! Thank you so much for that tip. I must say this ATEQ Quickset software is not the most user-friendly I've ever used, but it did work.

Most grateful.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
I just received the QuickSet device today from Tire Rack. I actually just got done teaching it the current sensor ID's by plugging it into the car.

To say that the user interface is not the most user-friendly is an understatement. Most of it is the grammar and clarity of the instructions, the other is the very weird style of the buttons and graphics. It's totally unconventional. Some things don't look like buttons, yet they are, and vice versa.

I have to give the makers credit, though. It works. Even on my Win 7 system with no compatibility mode settings needed. The CD included was from 4-9-2010.

You can tell the manufacturer is somewhat "low-fi". It looks like even the graphics and type-setting on the packaging are not quite complete. So weird.

Anyway, I've captured my current sensor numbers today. This weekend I'll capture the 'new' summer sensors after the tire shop mounts my tires onto the new rims and puts them on the car. Then I'll be set for years. Studs in the winter, non-studded in the summer.

Does anyone know if the Fit cares about the position of each sensor around the car? The QuickSet tool lets you designate which wheel (sensor) is mounted in each position, but I can't tell if the Fit disregards location and just hunts for the group with no regard for placement.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BraytonAK

Does anyone know if the Fit cares about the position of each sensor around the car? The QuickSet tool lets you designate which wheel (sensor) is mounted in each position, but I can't tell if the Fit disregards location and just hunts for the group with no regard for placement.
I just set the four numbers randomly into Quickset knowing the Fit's TPMS light doesn't say which tire is low and you have to look and see which one it is anyway.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks, Sparkyr.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
ateq tpms

hey guys, could you help me out; so i swapped my tires/wheels and i got the ATEQ quickset tool - i followed all the instructions and when i was about to enter the codes/sensor id's, it won't let me go to the next tire; so i clicked one of the tires entered the code - chose hexa - then hit enter?; am i missing something? my OS is vista if that helps

Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
hellO! how'd you get the ATEQ quickest to work? i keep getting stuck onthe part when i need to enter the sensor id's; i click on one tire and then enter the code then it won't let me go anywhere.. would really appreciate your help thanks.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
I had some problems with that step too, so what I did is...

after reading the sensors IDs from the car into the summer mode, I click the summer label to switch to winter mode. I clicked on a tire, entered the id, hit enter. The "DEC" or "HEX" thing would come up. I clicked HEX, then hit enter again. Then click the next tire and so forth. I think the program needs a lot of enter keys where you think you should be able to click with a mouse.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 PM
yeah i clicked enter dozens of times but it still wont get me through; so i installed the software on an XP OS and surprisingly it worked heh; must be some incompatibility with Vista but most users use cista now.. hmmn.. i wonder, but yeah finally got to enter the codes; problem now is i'm not sure which code goes to which tire..

Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm, I'm on Windows 7 and it works alright... well at least you got it working .
As sparkyr said above, I don't think it matters which code goes where. The location is only important for those systems that tell you which tire is low, but the Fit's TPMS isn't that advanced .

Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 PM
ahh you're right; awesome; now i just have to drive til that blinking light goes out heh

Quick Reply: Anyone with the 2010 Honda Fit use the ATEQ QuickSet tool