2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRZ 0-60 10.5 sec / Fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 PM
2.3 i4 dohc i-vtec
240hp @ 6000rpm
260tq @ 4500rpm

Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
Why? When was the last time you saw a factory turbocharged or supercharged Honda? To expect this from an automobile manufacturer known particularly for its NA engines is ridiculous. (I'm not including the Acura RDX here...that is a turbocharged V6 SUV).

Sure. If you had owned and raced as many Porsches and Hondas As I you'd know why. And if you think Honda is not fully capable of designing and providing a reliable turbo or supercharged Fit or CRZ, you'd be just as wrong. You really think being able to do the Acura means Honda can't do a Fit or CRZ? Surely you jest.
Much as I love my BMW's they aren't in Honda or Porsche's league for reliable performance..

Are you really gonna compare a Porsche to a Honda??...seriously?!?

Absolutely. They are the only manufacturers I trust to make a performance car that doesn't need regular stops at the shop.

There is a rumor of a Type R version of the CRZ, but I'm not holding my breath.
Call it an R or Si, either way, after Honda's taking such a verbal beating on the CRZ successor to the CRX you can bet it is moving quickly to market. The Honda guys I know don't take that lying down. They are embarassed that Porsche showed the way first with a proper 'sports hybrid'. The current offering should be branded 'CRZ-HX'

The inventory for the CRZ is 72 days and Honda inventory is normally 40 to 50 days so you know traffic isn't heavy. The buyers with cash in hand as I was were expecting a Honda version like Porsche's and what we got was a 2 passenger Fit with skirts and painted pink. Dissappointing to be kind.
Can't wait to see one at VIR. Even GRM's test was a trifle light.

Aren't you glad I don't tell you what I really think.

Last edited by mahout; 10-03-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Well, I can see everyone's disappointment with the performance aspect of the CRZ not being an "in between" the Si and Fit. However, I have learned that the Honda of today doesn't really embrace the sports car scene. Sure they have the Type-R but that is just souped up Civic not a stand alone sports car like the NSX or S2000. The way I see it is that the way of thinking and focus of Honda changed with the end of those cars. I know it sounds silly but look at racing video games for example. Other than the big sim games like Forza and GT Honda rarely appears in racing games any more unlike Nissan or Mazda who embrace the tuning scene and advertise the hell out of themselves.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CHERK
Well, I can see everyone's disappointment with the performance aspect of the CRZ not being an "in between" the Si and Fit. However, I have learned that the Honda of today doesn't really embrace the sports car scene. Sure they have the Type-R but that is just souped up Civic not a stand alone sports car like the NSX or S2000. The way I see it is that the way of thinking and focus of Honda changed with the end of those cars. I know it sounds silly but look at racing video games for example. Other than the big sim games like Forza and GT Honda rarely appears in racing games any more unlike Nissan or Mazda who embrace the tuning scene and advertise the hell out of themselves.

Ridiculous. The CRZ was not expected to be 'in-between' anything, but superior to the CRX Si; much closer to the SiR versions yet have better mpg at normal driving modes.
Honda supplies the engines for all indy racing cars at enormous cost, great sponsorship for Honda entries in SCCA, IMSA, and other sedan racing formats. Honda people themselves are embarassed by the reception of the CRZ even though numerous project people tried to tell marketing that the CRZ must be a true successor to the CRX. They were shot down by cost concious marketing people who now have 'lost face'. I bet there is at least one K20 engined CRZ at Honda.
As for the Miata claim that more of their cars race than any other, its true because they provided the idea for an MGB successor and did it brilliantly. My Miata was the best handling car i've ever had and I've owned a lot. it was the most controllable car I know of. Not even my S2000 was as good. faster yes but not as controllable. Miata should be the most raced car in the USA.
Even in 1985 the CRX was a leader in sports car technology and performance against similar displacements. That heritage is long held by Honda and shows no decline in house. When they lose that Honda will become just another car manufacturer. And likely on the purchase block.

Last edited by mahout; 10-04-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Just an update for C&D test of the CVT CR-Z.. Still not a overwhelming review.

Honda CR-Z Review: 2011 Honda CR-Z EX CVT Drive

Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM
The 10.5 sec 0-60 figure seems to be inaccurate. The latest figure I've seen is 8.3-8.6 from Road&Track among others. This would make the CR-Z at least on par with the Fit to 60 mph.

The downside to the CR-Z's numbers is, from my reading, you can get maybe 2 or 3 good runs before the batteries are depleted....this would be like relying on NOS for performance.

I've seen some independent tests of the Fit give a 0-60 time of 8.3-8.6 seconds to 60 mph as well. I find this surprising since testing would be conducted with full interiors on stock tires.

EDIT: Thanks for the link BTW.

Last edited by blackndecker; 11-12-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Fit vs CRZ

"The CR-Z is an even better handler than the Fit it is."

Actually, according to Consumer Reports, when performing an avoidance maneuver the Fit's max speed was 53 mph and the CRZ was 52 mph, so again the Fit out performs the CRZ.

Also, the Fit has a maximum load capacity of 850 lbs compared to the CRZ's miniscule 400 lbs.

Refer to this link for the information I found on Consumer Reports: Log In - Consumer Reports

Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Wondering if u can put the crz 6speed on the fit

Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
No reason you shouldn't be able to. I posted a thread a while back with a graphical display showing the differences in gear ratios b/w CRZ and GE8. Name of the thread was "technical tranny discussion."

Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Will definitely look at that thread. Woulda done a search but there's only so much u can do at work on a blackberry haha

Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
555SexyDrive,

Have you been able to find any more info on whether the CRZ's aluminum LCAs will bolt on to the Fit? I would not be surprised if there is a small difference in axle/steering rod lengths, wheel offset, etc...similar to the DC5-R vs. RSX-S scenario (Fortunately, it would be so much easier to source the CRZ axles, steering rods, tie rods, etc if necessary).

Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
0 to 60

Originally Posted by vwli
See the CRZ spec with CVT

page 2 - 2011 Honda CR-Z Specifications - Road Test - RoadandTrack.com

10.5 sec 0 - 60 seems slow. Anyone know what it is for our stock Fit?

According to Consumer Reports, the CRZ 6 speed manual did 0 to 60 in 9.3 seconds and the Fit 5 speed manual in 9.2 seconds.

Here's the link:

Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Front/rear balance

Originally Posted by specboy
The suspension setup will make the difference along with the Front/rear balance (which is better than the FIT due to the batteries being mounted in the rear and low).
CRZ: 59/41
Fit: 60/40

Here's the link:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...new/honda/cr-z

Old 01-20-2011, 08:41 AM
sounds like the CR-Z is a real dud. then again I'm not that big into hybrids. I just don't see the point of an insight or a prius for most people. very few people actually do a lot of city driving where I live yet I still see a ton of hybrids whose highway MPGs are about the same as the much less expensive to own, more fun to drive, and probably more reliable fit.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Old 01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! If only they'd do at least one of those engine treatments to the Fit!

Regardless, this will be a fantastic ride given the awesome chassis we know and love.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
Wow! If only they'd do at least one of those engine treatments to the Fit!

Regardless, this will be a fantastic ride given the awesome chassis we know and love.
a 1.6L turbo would be perfect for the fit. I'm not holding my breath though.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:31 AM
CR-Z Review

Originally Posted by zymo
sounds like the CR-Z is a real dud. then again I'm not that big into hybrids. I just don't see the point of an insight or a prius for most people. very few people actually do a lot of city driving where I live yet I still see a ton of hybrids whose highway MPGs are about the same as the much less expensive to own, more fun to drive, and probably more reliable fit.
CR-Z Review:

Old 09-01-2011, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
I'm the reanimator...

Just wanted to necromance this thread to point out that CR Z drivers ive dealt with are all about as much of an ethusiast as prius drivers. There will be no future for that platform either.

Also, give me 5 grand and a ge8 and I'd build a monster that would embarrass the cr z so badly people would wonder why it even exists (id only spend 4 grand and the other 1000 would make up for the dofference in gas mileage)

Im sure this has been said but the crz is a solution begging for a question. Also all the crz drivers ive seen itl have been 20 something yr old girls with those big stupid glasses they like to wear.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
The CR-Z is the dumbest idea - too bad cause the car itself doesn't look half bad. But for the price, you're getting lousy performance, losing seats, utility, etc on what is basically a Fit anyway (same basic platform). Its got as much appeal to me as a Smart (dumb) car ie. to those wannabe pretend greenies save the planet kind of people.

The basic Veloster is going to kick the CR-Z, and the turbo Veloster is going to really put a CR-Z to shame. I see them CR-Zs sitting on dealer lots now too... you gotta have something special to sell a 2-seater car, and a mild hybrid is absolute fail for most folks, so the market is small.