2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

CRZ 0-60 10.5 sec / Fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
CRZ 0-60 10.5 sec / Fit ?

See the CRZ spec with CVT

page 2 - 2011 Honda CR-Z Specifications - Road Test - RoadandTrack.com

10.5 sec 0 - 60 seems slow. Anyone know what it is for our stock Fit?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by vwli
See the CRZ spec with CVT

page 2 - 2011 Honda CR-Z Specifications - Road Test - RoadandTrack.com

10.5 sec 0 - 60 seems slow. Anyone know what it is for our stock Fit?
Im pretty sure its like 8.5-9.5 Supposedly the 5spd is a bit faster than the auto.

Yea Honda has botched this one. It looks awesome but other than that....
Yea, our cars are lighter than the Cr-z, have more horsepower, and cost less. FIT FTMFW

Last edited by GrocerySnake; 07-27-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh and also the CR-z is sohc, not double. that page is wrong.

Honda CR-Z Specifications - Official Honda Web Site

Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM
From what I've seen the CR-Z is pretty much the same as the Fit.
Motortrends manual CR-Z and Fit (GE8) are both 0-60 in 8.3.

I've personally tested my Fit (Auto) and was able to pull ~10.5-10.8 sec 0-60 (rough stopwatch estimating) which is about on par with the CR-Z CVT. Both these cars aren't suppose to be straight line racers so 0-60 doesn't really matter to me. I enjoying the handling aspect of these cars more.
Just as a side note I can get from 10-70 mph pretty darn quick (surprisingly for a 1.5L) coming out of some corners in sport mode. These cars shine when the revs are at 5k and holding.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by GrocerySnake
Im pretty sure its like 8.5-9.5 Supposedly the 5spd is a bit faster than the auto.

Yea Honda has botched this one. It looks awesome but other than that....
Yea, our cars are lighter than the Cr-z, have more horsepower, and cost less. FIT FTMFW
By the way our cars don't have more hp...it has a Fit 1.5L motor plus the electric motor on top of that which adds to the 117hp Fit motor. The only advantage to adding the heavier electric motor to the CR-Z is that it gives it a little bit better low end torque and slightly better city mpg. Of course I personally think it's a wash when you have to add weight to gain tq.

I think they should have put a turbo 1.5L in the CR-Z then they would have had a hot coupe and left the Insight as their heavy hybrid.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
By the way our cars don't have more hp...it has a Fit 1.5L motor plus the electric motor on top of that which adds to the 117hp Fit motor. The only advantage to adding the heavier electric motor to the CR-Z is that it gives it a little bit better low end torque and slightly better city mpg. Of course I personally think it's a wash when you have to add weight to gain tq.

I think they should have put a turbo 1.5L in the CR-Z then they would have had a hot coupe and left the Insight as their heavy hybrid.
You are right. I wasnt counting the electric motor. I cant remember where I got this from, but I do know that engine-to-engine, ours does have more output. But any extra "power" from the electric motor is negated by the weight like you said.
Lol, they need to do a CR-Z si, k20. Those things would SELL.

Last edited by GrocerySnake; 07-27-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by GrocerySnake
You are right. I was counting the electric motor. I cant remember where I got this from, but I do know that engine-to-engine, ours does have more output. But any extra "power" from the electric motor is negated by the weight like you said.
Lol, they need to do a CR-Z si, k20. Those things would SELL.
Yea I think your right. I think they did detune the 1.5L a little before they added the electric motor. I do remember reading that a while back.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
I like the CR-Z, and will have to reserve judgement until I can actually drive one. Check out what some folks in Japan are doing to them: ?????? ????????CR-Z/???????????????????????? - ?????SNS???????????????

My 90hp, 2800 lb. TDI was one of the most fun cars to drive I've owned. Torque is where it's at for daily driving, but I'd just be expecting a more balanced power delivery out of the CR-Z, rather than diesel butt-kicking type of torque. I'm actually really eager to see how the public responds here. After all, it's a Honda. I think it's an intriguing product, and in many cases, the hybrid image is more important to a buyer than it's actual performance, and I think they will be capitalizing on that most of all. Basically "some excitement without looking like a douche" kind of a thing.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for a DOHC SI version...if the CRZ doesn't sell as anticipated, I could totally see Honda rolling out a "hot hatch" version.

Teh secks:

I like the factory seats...shown on left hand side (obvioiusly)

Last edited by blackndecker; 07-27-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so the main target are previous crx and del sol owners? maybe paseo and celica owners as well?

8.3 sec on a good day is very slow. should be at least sub 7sec if 2seater "fun" car.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:12 PM
My predicition:
They won't sell that many of them...but the car will later become a cult phenomenon when 2nd and 3rd owners start modifying them with ...J and K motors...full electric motors, or whatever else is down the pipeline.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
8.3 sec on a good day is very slow. should be at least sub 7sec if 2seater "fun" car.
Definitely don't agree with this comment. Reason being, the Fit is not a sub 7 sec car to 60 and mine is a 2 seater and it is a blast to drive. Too many people get all tied up in the bullshit 0-60 times, where actually does that come into play when driving? Seriously, where does it? When I am out on winding roads, never have I stopped completely and decided ohhh let me see how long it takes me to get to 100km/h(62mph). Where is it written that 60mph equates to fun?

The CR-Z is an even better handler than the Fit it is. The chassis is even more rigid, which the GE improved on the GD, it has a much lower CoG and it's not really just a little bit more torque down low, that little motor adds like 58ft-lbs @ 1000rpm. I've seen them perform first hand on a track and from what I saw it made me sort of wish I waited 2 more months for one instead of buying the Fit. Though it would of cost me about $8~10k more.

Don't get me wrong, I too wish Honda would release a one-off 'R' model CR-Z. Stripped down of the creature-comforts and lose at least the 60kg (Beta 6MT) it gains over the Fit 5MT, but preferably down to like 1000kg maximum and even if it retained its current powerplant setup it would be a ton of fun.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
BigSexy,
Are you seeing alot of CR-Zs on the streets in Japan? How well is the car being received there?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I see many of them on the streets. Honda had to ramp up production as they sold more in the first 2 weeks than they expected for the whole year. A lot of that though is attributed to the Japanese "got to have the newest thing" mentality. It has definitely been received quite well here which makes sense though, it is almost the perfect in-city car and as I said seeing the ones I did on track even in all stock conditions it looked to be an absolute blast to drive.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Supercharged L15a

Honda CR-Z Tuning Scene: Supercharged CR-Z by HKS | The Real JDM - Interactive

Here's to good things to come...yes my friends, that is an L15a wrapped in an intercooler and aluminum piping.

Last edited by blackndecker; 07-27-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
IIRC, the CR-Z is using the same L15 as the fit but detuned to 111hp from the engine and 11hp from the electric motor. The CR-Z has 22 lb-ft of torque more and the big benefit is that it is all available instantly as it all comes from the electric motor. The CRZ is about 180lbs more than the Fit so the extra power/torque should make up for the extra weight. The suspension setup will make the difference along with the Front/rear balance (which is better than the FIT due to the batteries being mounted in the rear and low). It may not be a rocket, but it'll likely be fun to drive. As others have stated, it's not about 0-60. That's for AWD/RWD cars... It's about enjoying the drive itself and tossing it through the corners.

~SB

Old 07-27-2010, 09:27 PM
More technical...

CR-Z technical
Name:  CR-Ztechnicaljpg.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  76.1 KB

Fit technical
Name:  Fittechnicaljpg.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  78.8 KB

The motor has identical compression, bore, and stroke. As has been stated, it appears the L15a motor is serving double duty. Mechanically, the two engines on paper should put out idenitical numbers so any "detuning" is presumably the ECU. This is good and bad for us Fit owners...the good is that the HKS supercharger will be a direct bolt on. The bad news is that we will still have to figure out a way to tune.

Also worth noting is the 6-speed maual gear ratios. The final drive is lower (i.e. taller gearing) so no chance of hot swapping the FD for a performance boost. Also, 6th gear is taller than our 5th gear...if I'm reading this correctly, that means we won't be able to swap it in hopes of improved economy. 5 --> 6 gear conversion is actually fairly straightforward on Honda K series transmissions...I presume the same would be true for the L series.

Thoughts?

Last edited by blackndecker; 07-27-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Whoa, I didn't know the motor added 57 lb/ft, but sure enough! Uh - I just changed my whole tune regarding this car. With that much power on tap, it will impress the average Honda buyer. Especially the repeat buyers. Torque - what's that!? They could sell well; they really could.

So, the picture is becoming a bit more clear as to why things seem to have halted with GE tuner-part developments. Looks like the Japanese consumer market isn't the only thing keeping up with the Jones'. I think the Fit may have just been skipped!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hayden
So, the picture is becoming a bit more clear as to why things seem to have halted with GE tuner-part developments. Looks like the Japanese consumer market isn't the only thing keeping up with the Jones'. I think the Fit may have just been skipped!
WHAAAAA
I think you misunderstood the reason for me posting all the technical data....the engines are IDENTICAL (at least based on the info I have at this time). This means that any bolt on for the internal combustion part of the CR-Z drivetrain will swap directly to the Fit. This is assuming no variations in the engine bay or lay out of the hoses, battery, etc.

Again, this is GOOOD news for Fit enthusiasts...

Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
If you like what you see, +rep is always appreciated....I can store it for a rainy day (or another fight with GBaby)

Quick Reply: CRZ 0-60 10.5 sec / Fit ?