2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rear spoiler removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Rear spoiler removal

Love my fit sport. Need to carry a bike and install a bike rack. Can't do it with the spoiler on. How hard is it to take that thing off; and what do I sacrifice (other than cool looks) if I do that? jz

Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 PM
rav
5 Year Member
You will probably have to fill the holes, but i think the bike rack will really cost you every time you fill up because of the increased drag. I carry my bike inside.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Y'know I thought 1 of the main selling points of the Fit was that despite its size it could fit just about anything ...

2010 Honda Fit - Seating Modes - Official Honda Web site

Bikes, surfboards, your mother-in-law ...

Old 01-09-2011, 03:21 AM
I have just removed my rear roof spoiler to do a paint touch-up. It's got the three obvious screw fittings on top and two less obvious bolts at each end that you need to open the rear hatch to see. Thought it was going to be easy from there but the hardest part was breaking the double sided tape that is used under the spoiler as well. Had to slip a Stanley knife along the edge to cut through the tape. Hope this helps.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I tried that like in the picture. I have a 17.5 frame 29'er with 3"high rise bars,and it doesn't work. I remove the front wheel and lay the bike on it's side,then it fits. I to have bike rack that will fit the back if the spoiler wasn't there. Didn't feel comfortable removing it,so I put the bike inside. Better security when parked somewhere when stored inside.

Pa Fitter

Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by PaFitter
......,so I put the bike inside. Better security when parked somewhere when stored inside.

Pa Fitter
I agree....Also, better security in the sense to avoid providing incentive for the thieves to target your FIT because, not only they can have the 4 sports rims, there is a bonus bike to be had as well. Their only investment to leave behind would be 4 bricks and 20 minutes of labour

Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by SOGO
Y'know I thought 1 of the main selling points of the Fit was that despite its size it could fit just about anything ...

2010 Honda Fit - Seating Modes - Official Honda Web site

Bikes, surfboards, your mother-in-law ...
.... and mine is a hot one too according to some....

Last edited by Ric01; 01-09-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 PM
What kind of bike rack are you getting? The type that just straps on to the back?

Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
OP, Consider a Roof Rack instead of a Rear Mount especially if you use the bike Regularly as it's a quick on/off. If you don't, look into methods for storing the bike inside the fit like others have said however this isn't always possible or can be more difficult depending on the bicycle - the front wheel on my bike is not real easily removable like most which can make it potentially a challenge. It can also not be the best choice if you ride Trails regularly as you really don't want that crap inside your car. Thule & Yakima systems can be a bit pricier but can be picked up piece by piece often times on Craigslist. you can also spend the money on a new one the 1st time and get a fit kit/foot kit for each new car so every new car costs $30 and you don't have to buy something new. (It also gives you the option for cargo carriers, skis, and tons of other items/uses such as bringing longer pieces of lumber home)

~SB

Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Yea take some time and find it on ebay, you'll end up saving close to 50%.

Originally Posted by specboy
OP, Consider a Roof Rack instead of a Rear Mount especially if you use the bike Regularly as it's a quick on/off. If you don't, look into methods for storing the bike inside the fit like others have said however this isn't always possible or can be more difficult depending on the bicycle - the front wheel on my bike is not real easily removable like most which can make it potentially a challenge. It can also not be the best choice if you ride Trails regularly as you really don't want that crap inside your car. Thule & Yakima systems can be a bit pricier but can be picked up piece by piece often times on Craigslist. you can also spend the money on a new one the 1st time and get a fit kit/foot kit for each new car so every new car costs $30 and you don't have to buy something new. (It also gives you the option for cargo carriers, skis, and tons of other items/uses such as bringing longer pieces of lumber home)

~SB

Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Hitch mount rack for Fit. Easy on/off, less drag than roof. Contact a 'Rack Attack' or similar store for details.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Spoiler comes off easy. Just don't drop it.

See here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...oiler-mod.html

Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 PM
not really

Originally Posted by Black3sr
Spoiler comes off easy. Just don't drop it.

See here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...oiler-mod.html
I got a 2013 fit sport the wing was the hardest I read don't drop it but nobody said there were two clips on each side of the window spray those got ripped off now I need new clips they only cost like $6 a set of four all you need

Old 02-06-2017, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
I installed a class I trailer hitch just to use for a bike rack... Think I paid around $100 for both? The yakima roof rack system is for the skybox.