2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

'10 Fit Sport Winter Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:35 AM
'10 Fit Sport Winter Wheels

i have an opportunity to buy a set of Borbet 15x7 alloys with 185/65 R15 Bridgestone Blizzak Revo 1's on them. Will these work on my 2010 Fit Sport? If so, can i run them without the TMS? Thanks.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justputt
i have an opportunity to buy a set of Borbet 15x7 alloys with 185/65 R15 Bridgestone Blizzak Revo 1's on them. Will these work on my 2010 Fit Sport? If so, can i run them without the TMS? Thanks.
Please do a search on either these forums or the Fit Shoes forums (here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ire-sub-forum/) before posting up new threads that spam the board. There's plenty of info and I hate it when new members come in here, don't read any of them and ask the same questions over and over again. It really clutters the boards and makes it hard for these forums to be easy to navigate and useful to other members.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:32 AM
yikes!

sorry about that. i spent 2 plus hours looking thru the forum and could not find a definitive answer.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
Please do a search on either these forums or the Fit Shoes forums (here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ire-sub-forum/) before posting up new threads that spam the board. There's plenty of info and I hate it when new members come in here, don't read any of them and ask the same questions over and over again. It really clutters the boards and makes it hard for these forums to be easy to navigate and useful to other members.
Spamming the board? That's a little harsh. I'm new here as well. There is a balance between over posting and posting something that has already been discussed. There will always be some overlap. The purpose here is to help each other. Let's try to be a little more friendly please.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justputt
They are a trifle bigger in diameter than stock 185/55x16's but unless you are dropped at all you should be able to get by with them UNLESS the offset of the Borbets are less than 45 mm, which I beilieve they could be. In that case veboten.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
^ yeah that. Even if they're +40 you should still be fine unless you super dropped. And don't worry, you aren't spamming. If you spent 2 hrs looking then why not create a new thread.

There is a lot of confusion about what will and won't fit with the GE8. As mentioned, the overall diameter will be slightly bigger than the stock wheels, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Also, if you don't mind the idiot light (the light on the gauge saying something's not right with the tire pressure sensor) you can run the wheels without the sensors installed (lots of people do it).

Hope that helps.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
Spamming the board? That's a little harsh. I'm new here as well. There is a balance between over posting and posting something that has already been discussed. There will always be some overlap. The purpose here is to help each other. Let's try to be a little more friendly please.
I think the frustration comes in with the fact that about 10 posts down, there is an answer to almost this exact question with links to Tirerack, 1010tires, and others. It deals with winter tires and sizes real close to this one albeit not the EXACT size. The title is even "winter tires". And that's not the only one... On the GE8 forum. (not even including the tires/wheels forum).

Originally Posted by johnkimble
^ yeah that. Even if they're +40 you should still be fine unless you super dropped. And don't worry, you aren't spamming. If you spent 2 hrs looking then why not create a new thread.

There is a lot of confusion about what will and won't fit with the GE8. As mentioned, the overall diameter will be slightly bigger than the stock wheels, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Also, if you don't mind the idiot light (the light on the gauge saying something's not right with the tire pressure sensor) you can run the wheels without the sensors installed (lots of people do it).

Hope that helps.
Agreed. OP, that is the same size I am likely to go with. The offset will be your biggest challenge but with narrow tires like the 185's you likely will have no issues even with a lower offset. if the borbets are 45 or higher offset... no problems.

Welcome to the forum. Read lots... there is TONS of information here but unfortunately, the search isn't the friendliest and the site layout isn't the most intuitive so be patient with the site....

... and some of it's members

~SB

Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks all

just recieved a photo of the Borbets and they are 5 hole/lug. so unfortunately no go. would have been a great deal.

i was originally looking in the tires/wheels forum before i posted the question. the site is huge and i did not see what i was looking for. thanks for the help.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
OP, I got my winter wheels on Craigslist for $50 (Integra 15" LS Mesh Wheels) and I'll be looking into winter tires for it. Check for Civic, Del Sol, or integra wheels on CL. If I can find some 1-2 season old Hakkas I'm all over them, if not, it'll be new generals or winterforce tires. I might just go new anyway as we are going to keep the fit for many years and have no plans on moving out of VT.

~SB

Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 PM
honda dealers are installing 175 65 15 tires on steel wheels for the 2009-2010 honda fit Base and Sport models.
thats what i went with as well on Michelin X-ice 2