2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GE8 Swift Spring No-Rub Wheel & Tire Specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I took a closer look at the rear fenders... I need someone with a stock Fit (at least stock wheel and stock tires) to look at their rear fender, at the top of the wheel well. Does the sheet metal, of the fender, bend into the wheel well and then up at an angle? or just straight in? Because on my Fit, it's bent upward... I wouldn't think much of it, except it lines up with the outer edge of the tire, as if multiple hard bumps shoved the tire into the fender causing it to bend away.
No damage to your car. I just checked, and there's a second ridge in the sheet metal roll at the top. The roll has a bit of a stair step to it.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jim2bFit
No damage to your car. I just checked, and there's a second ridge in the sheet metal roll at the top. The roll has a bit of a stair step to it.
I found a Fit parked in a parking lot and sneaked a peek at the rear fender... I guess it's okay.

I gotta say, that despite the minor rubbing and the fact I would think it looks a little better (to me) if the front weren't sticking out as much... I really like my new wheels and tires. The Fit is too much fun!

Old 05-14-2011, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
  1. Fit Sport - 2010, MT
  2. Swift Sport springs
  3. Tenzo, DC-5, 17x7 +42
  4. Continental ExtremeContact DWS 205/45/17
  5. Absolutely no rubbing at all so far. I've had this setup for a couple of weeks now and its awesome. I'm going to load the car this weekend with the wife and two kids and head to town, so I'll re-post if I notice any rubbing with the loaded car. With just me and my wife, along with my sub, sub box, and amp in the rear I experienced no rub either. I've hit some pretty good bumps and dips at good speeds and no rubbing. Handling is definitely improved and this setup was definitely worth it.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a visual:
Nice visual.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Just ordered some Rota's

Based on the info that I've been gathering for months, most of which drove me to create this thread, I ordered my new wheels today. I'm buying the Rota R-Spec 16x7 +45 wheel in steel gray. Going kind of retro 2001 Acura Integra, only with a gray wheel instead of white. Getting them from Racinglab. Going to mount them with some Muteki blue anodized lug nuts to go with my BSP Fit. The wheels are 14.35 pounds and I'm going to mount the Conti ExtremeContact DWS 205/50-16 on them. Total weight should be around 33.5lbs, which is around 3lbs less per corner. Sweeeeeeet!

My new Rota's

Muteki Super Tuner Wheel Nuts (Open End, Anodized Blue, 12mm X 1.50RH, 31886U)|Muteki Japan Tuner Wheel Nuts|JDM Light Weight Wheel Lug Nuts

Update: I just ordered tires and changed my mind at the last minute. I got a great deal on 4 General Exclaim UHP's through Walmart for about $100 less than the Conti EC DWS. Similar ratings on dry & wet, and 1 lb less per tire again, so now my per wheel weight is down to 32.5 lbs! (and I didn't even have to break the bank or buy junk going lightweight)

Last edited by Jim2bFit; 05-27-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bl_arias
  1. Fit Sport - 2010, MT
  2. Swift Sport springs
  3. Tenzo, DC-5, 17x7 +42
  4. Continental ExtremeContact DWS 205/45/17
  5. Absolutely no rubbing at all so far. I've had this setup for a couple of weeks now and its awesome. I'm going to load the car this weekend with the wife and two kids and head to town, so I'll re-post if I notice any rubbing with the loaded car. With just me and my wife, along with my sub, sub box, and amp in the rear I experienced no rub either. I've hit some pretty good bumps and dips at good speeds and no rubbing. Handling is definitely improved and this setup was definitely worth it.

Just a follow up for informational purposes only to anyone looking at the Swift springs. So, I went to town this weekend with my wife, my daughter and her car seat, my son, my 12 in sub and enclosure with amp and capacitor in the rear, along with all the stuff we bought along the way. And I am happy to report, absolutely no rubbing whatsoever. I hit a few good bumps, including the speed bumps around the mall, without slowing down aggressively and still no rubbing. U-turns, no rubbing. I even did a test coming home, right down the road from my house I got on it, then braked hard and took a corner, absolutely no rubbing.

Jim2bFit congratulations on the wheels. Its going to look nice. Be sure to post some pics one they're installed.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
No sleep tonight

Based on the info that I've been gathering for months, most of which drove me to create this thread, I ordered my new wheels today...
And now I'm at the moment of truth. Did I make the right choices? Am I going to like the setup? Were my calculations right? Are the wheels the right color? Are the chrome blue tuner lugs going to clash?

My Fit is spending the night at a garage for the first time. It's a new place for me, but the shop is really close. A few neighbors go there but they drive minivans. What if they scratch up my new wheels? What if they get robbed overnight and some dirt bag steels my awesome new setup??? AAAAAAAAHHHH!! LMAO

It's 830 and I'm drinking coffee??? WHY?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
Pics of my new shoes

Got my new wheels, tires and chassis braces installed yesterday. Here are some pics:

Old 06-05-2011, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good, congratulations. The car feels a whole lot different now, doesn't it?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great, well done
-Lee

Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Now, go tackle some curves!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Looks great. I have the same wheels in black and love them! Let me know how you like those tires. I'm running DWS now but will need new ones at some point and saving money is always nice.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
1. 2009 Fit Sport M/T
2. Swift Sport Mach
3. Stock 16" wheels
4. Continental Extreme Contact DWS 205/50/16
5. I have not detected any rubbing so far

Old 06-10-2011, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Looks great. I have the same wheels in black and love them! Let me know how you like those tires. I'm running DWS now but will need new ones at some point and saving money is always nice.
Yup, I was originally planning on buying the Conti, and literally change my mind at the last minute when I saw the prices on the Exclaim while doing one last upgrade budget sanity check. I've only had the package on the car for a week, but I've got close to 1k miles on the tires now. So far, no complaints. I'm not sure if General is going to continue making the Exclaim UHP - I think I read somewhere that it's being phased out. ETF (Enzo Jr) mentioned somewhere in this thread that he had the Exclaim UHP's on a Mini, and that he got great bang for the buck out of them (2yrs), and I know he's hard on tires.

Obviously, my new setup is far better than stock, I just don't know how much better yet. I'm cautiously pushing towards the handling limits as I get used to my recent upgrades (and I can say for sure that I have a long way to go before I scare the crap out of myself!). I haven't run all the roads that I use regularly over the course of a year, but on the ones that I have, WOW! I had 3 chassis braces, lighter wheels, and lighter/wider/stickier tires all installed at once. It was like handling improvement overload at first - it didn't even feel like the same car (even after running the Swift's for 8 months). It's going to take a while before I really understand the true benefits because it IS that much different.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Fantastic! Looks awesome too.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Jim, that looks great. I can't wait to run the Dragon with you and Klasse. We're going to make one sweet looking parade.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
Jim, that looks great. I can't wait to run the Dragon with you and Klasse. We're going to make one sweet looking parade.
Dude, I'm just looking forward to my first weekend away in the 18yrs I've been together with my wife! She's had plenty of extended weekends over the years, even if they were to visit family. Since she always takes our daughter along, I like to stay home with the dogs and get caught up on projects that might involve a lot of swearing, or detail my car, or geek out with one of my electronic gadgets. To get away for a few days, drive like a wannabee F-1 racer all day and drink a few beers at night, AND smoke a cigar or two? I wanna go NOW!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Goobers-

I'm looking to run the exact same wheels and tires you have dropped on swifts, but I'm curious how much the tires stick out of the front wheel wells. Do you have any pics of your setup by any chance?

Also a little concerned about the rubbing situation... it's frustrating that moving from a +45 to a +43 offset on the same wheel and tire size is enough to cause rubbing :/

Old 06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TisDante
Goobers-

I'm looking to run the exact same wheels and tires you have dropped on swifts, but I'm curious how much the tires stick out of the front wheel wells. Do you have any pics of your setup by any chance?

Also a little concerned about the rubbing situation... it's frustrating that moving from a +45 to a +43 offset on the same wheel and tire size is enough to cause rubbing :/
Yeah, it is annoying knowing that too. But like I've said, I only get the rubbing if I hit a bump while doing a hard turn. If I do either by themselves, I'm fine... it's only when they both occur together, do I get the top rub. As for the rubbing behind the front wheels... the only way to avoid it is to get narrower tires... which I'm not inclined to do. So, I'll take the rub.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post972903 <-- pictures around the time of install.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post974182 <-- pictures a few days later with the "hub cap" also showing the front sticking out slightly. (same thread, 45 posts later)

I guess it could be because of the sidewalls. I noticed another member had tires that had an even lower offset, but it didn't seem to stick out as much as I thought it would. The sidewall of the tire looked flat compared to the Conti.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm on swifts and looking at a 16 x 6.5" rim offered in 40 or 50 offset. I no little about offsets, but after a bit of searching it seems with the 40 I'd want to make sure I can clear the brakes and with the 50 the bigger concern would be the fenders. I'd have the OEM tires on for a while, but would likely replace them with 205/50/16's down the line.

The 50 seems to be the closest to stock. Is anyone running something similar or have any advice on these options?

Quick Reply: GE8 Swift Spring No-Rub Wheel & Tire Specs