2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre runner honda fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
im not trying to make this go off roading haha, just for the front end to look randomly crazy

i think it'll look decent cause its nice and wide looking if its closer to the floor

Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
SOB
Good luck selling it!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:56 PM
haha i have all my stock parts so if i do sell it

BAM!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Let me get this right you want turn youre fit into a wrc car

Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by sr.sedan
Let me get this right you want turn youre fit into a wrc car
partially? haha

just lights on a rail with no front bumper

is that wrc?

Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 AM
i think you should turn it into a wrc car that would look so fukn dope man and some times got to think outside the box

Old 08-14-2011, 04:20 AM
haha yeah... wrc cars are dope and i wouldnt mind making my car similar but not untill tiffany [my car] gets older

i want to just do seomthing people will say wtf to...

i want people on the street to think im a ricer poser and start hating me but not know how much work i put into my car to make it just that "ricer"

Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tong213
i want to just do seomthing people will say wtf to...

i want people on the street to think im a ricer poser and start hating me..."
OK. wtf? You want people to think you're a ricer poser and you want them to hate you?? I'll give you another "wtf" for that.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Dude that is a pretty sweet idea! You see plenty of Street Tuner cars in general but not many with a true Rally theme. I too have toyed with the idea since I live out in the boondocks and my road is gravel and limited visibility at night. The easiest two mods to begin with would be foglamps and mudflaps. Then decide if you want to change the suspension, more aggressive tires, rally wheels etc. Post pics if you go Rally stiznizzle!!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
OP is going to want to get another bumper (maybe a base) and cut it part way down because unlike many cars, the bumper cover wraps aroudn the top a little. Looking at Vital's sigpic, maybe star at the crease which height-wise is at about the center of the wheel, then once you get towards the angled up point, cut off along the angle up to the top of the air intake. leave from the actual bumper-cover to the top alone. Then wrap the bar around the front of that.

~SB

Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 PM
@virtual
yeahh i want the wtf reaction when people drive next to me
and i want those "usually cocky" evo drivers, not saying all of em, but most that ive met, i want them to be like.. dude these honda guys... wtf are they thinking
and then ill be like sorry i do work on my own car instead of bringing it else where to pay billions of dollars for people to do it for me...

am i weird for thinking such random thoughts?

@cghouse666
yeah i have suspension already and i just need to up my wheel size
as for mudflaps i have the oem mud guards for a fit on all 4 tires
now the lights... if i do go through with this theme... im thinking on a rack on top of the car or the rack in the front... not both though LOL

@ spec boy
thanks for the heads up on that placement
sorta confused, maybe some pics?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
@virtual
yeahh i want the wtf reaction when people drive next to me
and i want those "usually cocky" evo drivers, not saying all of em, but most that ive met, i want them to be like.. dude these honda guys... wtf are they thinking
and then ill be like sorry i do work on my own car instead of bringing it else where to pay billions of dollars for people to do it for me...

am i weird for thinking such random thoughts?
The truth of the matter is that nobody else thinks much about your car but you. Going out of your way to get what you think is a "wtf" reaction is pointless and a waste of your money and effort. Keep your car the way you want it for yourself and forget about how others perceive it.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
since your car will be a stand-out in the crowd, my advice is you
park it where it can be easily seen by a camera in case some "FU@#NG Hater" tries to do something about it, it will be easily recorded.
I saw a nissan maxima where the owner tried to modify it in an "unconventional manner" that those FU@#NG Haters SLASHED the two passenger back doors making an X sign at it, i think they used a hammer

Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
If you start from the center of the front wheel, move forward on the car and you'll see a crease about 5" up from the lip. that crease runs towards the front of the car and stops almost at the very corner of the Radiator intake opening. Then work across the top of the intake opening until you get to the other side... Then mirror the one side. You'd keep the upper half of the bumper cover and lose the bottom half. Then weld up a brush guard that raps around the front like the Pre-runner pic you had. You don't want to remove the whole bumper cover because you'll be left with wierd gaps on either side of the grille and all the way back to the corner of the headlights.

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about how to do this.
yeah... it's bed time.

~SB

Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 AM
@virtual
yeah i know i ultimately decide how the car looks, but i do want to wrc it out whether i get the reaction or not...
the reaction is really just a cherry on top
thanks though

@phenoyz
that realllyyy... sucks... and yeah i guess i should watch out for that in case i ever do make my car hater worthy....
you do live in vegas though where things get a little wild at times xD

@sb
thank you
and i think i will do just that... the grille gap picture i nmy mind scared me
thanks for the advice and time spent in which you could have been sleeping

i love this forum, full of helpful people

Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
@phenoyz that realllyyy... sucks... and yeah i guess i should watch out for that in case i ever do make my car hater worthy....
you do live in vegas though where things get a little wild at times xD
Unfortunately YES !!! i live in vegas and I cant wait ti'll I gfto of here
and dying to move back to the "Golden State"!!!

quick question---if you plan to put say spot light in front of your car, would CHP pull you over?
isn't there a law in California against putting too many lights in front/roof of the car even if its only cosmetic?

Last edited by phenoyz; 08-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Jibberjabbs
Very nice mudflaps... What kinda material is it?

Phenoyz
I'd have to do some homework on that.. Never thought I'd be a problem cause there are trucks around here with all sorts of lights...
And I mean I don't even have the oem sport foglights so I'd only still have 4 total in the front if anything?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
The mudflaps are made from a semi-truck mudflap I got on ebay. Its some kind of flexible plastic that has grooves on the inside. It also cuts nicely with a circular saw.
very nice... maybe ill switch over from these stock ones to those cause i often scrap them on speed bumps if im not carful...

with those soft ones.. it wont matter!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
From what I remember (don't quote me here) you can't have more than 4 lights capable of being on at the same time. Many lights have Covers that have to be manually raised and lowered (or clipped on) and as long as the covers are on, you can have as many as you want. Too many uncovered lights is where you get into trouble. (That's why you often see PIAA across the front of a number of brush guard mounted lights - or lights on the roll bars)

~SB

Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 AM
hmmm i see... so you can HAVE 4 though right?

just no MORE?

that would be perfect, i only wanted 2
if i do get a third, ill be sure to cover it

this gets me so excited... does anyone think this will actually be a good project to invest time in?

Quick Reply: Pre runner honda fit