2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Question Door lock issue

My locks have started acting funny, wondering if anyone else has the issue or if any of you Honda shop guys have had to repair something that has to do with this.

First thing is after getting in the car and closing the door, the locks are supposed to lock automatically once I'm between 5-10mph I'd guess. And as far as I know, they're only supposed to do that once until the door is opened again. Well mine lock or at least try everytime I am down around 5-10mph, I can hear them.

Also, when I get out and lock the car, most of the time when I push the lock button on my keyfob twice (to lock all doors and alarm), the horn doesn't beep. But if I push unlock twice to unlock all doors, then lock twice again, the horn beeps and all is fine.

It sounds to me like I have an issue somewhere lol, but I've never messed with door locks or anything. Just passed 40k miles and I think my warranty is gone as well.

So, any help?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
My locks have started acting funny, wondering if anyone else has the issue or if any of you Honda shop guys have had to repair something that has to do with this.

First thing is after getting in the car and closing the door, the locks are supposed to lock automatically once I'm between 5-10mph I'd guess. And as far as I know, they're only supposed to do that once until the door is opened again. Well mine lock or at least try everytime I am down around 5-10mph, I can hear them.

Also, when I get out and lock the car, most of the time when I push the lock button on my keyfob twice (to lock all doors and alarm), the horn doesn't beep. But if I push unlock twice to unlock all doors, then lock twice again, the horn beeps and all is fine.

It sounds to me like I have an issue somewhere lol, but I've never messed with door locks or anything. Just passed 40k miles and I think my warranty is gone as well.

So, any help?
It sounds like one door is not locking all the time. I'd throw myself at the mercy of the Honda Service dept and try to get a "good will" repair. You're not that far out of warranty.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk

based on the auto-lock setting, they're supposed to lock if you cross the 9mph threshold... if the doors are unlocked. Doesn't matter if they were actually opened or not.

So, any help?
when locking the doors... try pressing the fob button three times to lock... or be up close. or try changing the battery. I notice sometimes the first time i press on my fob, it doesn't always trigger.. even though my second and third presses were from the same location.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Got the actuator fixed under "warranty" even though I'm out, lol. Having buddies in service at the dealer helps sometimes