2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Alarm doesnt beep when arming

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Alarm doesnt beep when arming

Hi. My alarm doesnt flash the lights when i press the lock button on the key. It also doesnt beep when i press it twice. I think it is in valet mode. Does anyone know if this is what this is? I found information on google for older hondas and they say to put the key in and out 3 times to turn it off, but that didnt work. I have a 2009 sport model from canada.

Any help would be great.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ryu69
Hi. My alarm doesnt flash the lights when i press the lock button on the key. It also doesnt beep when i press it twice. I think it is in valet mode. Does anyone know if this is what this is? I found information on google for older hondas and they say to put the key in and out 3 times to turn it off, but that didnt work. I have a 2009 sport model from canada.

Any help would be great.
And you're sure the doors, front hood and rear hatch are all closed properly?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
This is from pg. 90 of the owner's manual:

-------
(All models except Canadian DX and DX-A models)
LOCK- Press this button once to lock all doors and the tailgate. Some exterior lights will flash once. When you push LOCK twice within 5 seconds, the horn will sound to verify that the doors and the tailgate are locked and the security system (if equipped) has set. You cannot lock the doors and the tailgate if any door or the tailgate is not fully closed or the key is in the ignition switch.
-------
I see you're in Vancouver. Do you have a DX or DX-A model? Maybe another Canadian can let you know if theirs doesn't do it either.

edit: i re-read that you said you have a sport model. hmmm.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a Canadian Sport Model...We should call them CADM....hahahhaha

OK enough funny business...

Edit: Answer below

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-02-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Did this just start happening? If so, wonder if the battery is wearing down?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh Nelly I screwed that one up in my previous post.

I went and read my user guide.

It says that the valet mode disables the alarm and the remote start feature.

IF it is in valet mode then

Simultaneously press lock and unlock buttons for 1 second . The parking lights will flash once.

In and out of Valet mode is the same procedure.

I hope this helps!

I also just learned that I can leave the car running and still pull the keys by pressing the start button while the car is on. Great feature for doing quick errands and leaving the car on in the winter or summer with the ac/heat on. Good for dogs.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-02-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:41 PM
It may also be a hood latch. We replace some here and there on acuras. The sensor goes bad in the latch and makes the car think your hood is up, not allowing you to set the "alarm". Easy way to verify..... Unplug the connector going into the hood latch, then try to lock your car again. If it locks and lights blink, you can either leave it disconnected or buy a new latch

Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Any help would be great.

I too also have the same problem. 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Were you able to determine the problem Ryu?

Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Herman it looks like Dwalbert gave you the answer. Try this it may solve the problem:

Simultaneously press lock and unlock buttons for 1 second . The parking lights will flash once.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Herman it looks like Dwalbert gave you the answer. Try this it may solve the problem:

Originally Posted by eurobeaner
It may also be a hood latch. We replace some here and there on acuras. The sensor goes bad in the latch and makes the car think your hood is up, not allowing you to set the "alarm". Easy way to verify..... Unplug the connector going into the hood latch, then try to lock your car again. If it locks and lights blink, you can either leave it disconnected or buy a new latch
Thank Black3sr. It actually ended up being the hood latch full of dirt, I just blew some air at it and it did the trick! Everything is back to normal. Eurobeaner was right, it was something to do with the latch.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hermanp
Thank Black3sr. It actually ended up being the hood latch full of dirt, I just blew some air at it and it did the trick! Everything is back to normal. Eurobeaner was right, it was something to do with the latch.
Welcome Herm. I had forgotten about the valet feature myself. We learn something every day on here. Thanks Beaner.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Alarm went off again last night, and the car was not arming. I disconnected the wire to latch and the car is arming (latch sensor issues). To make sure, I reconnected it and the car wouldn't arm. Solution...I'm leaving it disconnected....lets hope for no midnight wake up!

Old 01-14-2014, 03:35 AM
boop boop? 2009 Honda Fit Sport no beep for lock and unlock.

Hello I just got my Honda Fit and it doesn't beep to say that it's locked or unlocked. I tried the valet trick posted on this forum but had no reaction. The car has been in an accident (frontal) and the hood latch does look dirty.

Did you ever solve your problem? Ty in advance. I will clean and check the latch connection tomorrow.

ps the panic works and so does the horn.

Any help would be great.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Oh Nelly I screwed that one up in my previous post.

I went and read my user guide.

It says that the valet mode disables the alarm and the remote start feature.

I hope this helps!

I also just learned that I can leave the car running and still pull the keys by pressing the start button while the car is on. Great feature for doing quick errands and leaving the car on in the winter or summer with the ac/heat on. Good for dogs.
I will try this on my lunch break, lol, my alarm lights havn't lit up for about a year now. I always thought it was the light bulbs, but we'll see.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 PM
You're so right...well at least in my case

Originally Posted by eurobeaner
My lights blinked but no sound. I disconnected the hood latch and voila...sound! Thank you so much that was great advice. Now the question is weather to install a new latch or let it be....

hm......

Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Kriddik
I will try this on my lunch break, lol, my alarm lights havn't lit up for about a year now. I always thought it was the light bulbs, but we'll see.
Nope, still didn't work. I will replace bulbs and try again. Its a 2009 purchased in march, it might be time for new alarm bulbs...

Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by silvertardis
Hello I just got my Honda Fit and it doesn't beep to say that it's locked or unlocked. I tried the valet trick posted on this forum but had no reaction. The car has been in an accident (frontal) and the hood latch does look dirty.

Did you ever solve your problem? Ty in advance. I will clean and check the latch connection tomorrow.

ps the panic works and so does the horn.
I'm having the same problem, and I want to disconnect the latch switch to try that. How should I go about doing that? I don't want to break anything even more.

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by sbush116
I'm having the same problem, and I want to disconnect the latch switch to try that. How should I go about doing that? I don't want to break anything even more.

Thanks!
Yes - help help - new to me 2012 Fit Sport - lights flash but no BEEP ...

I opened and closed the hood today, no change.
I tested and the horn does work when I hit the steering wheel.
Where is the hood sensor so I can unplug it and test that theory ??
Going into Bal'mer Saturday and I'd like to get the horn/alarm working beforehand...!!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thewebgal
Yes - help help - new to me 2012 Fit Sport - lights flash but no BEEP ...

I opened and closed the hood today, no change.
I tested and the horn does work when I hit the steering wheel.
Where is the hood sensor so I can unplug it and test that theory ??
Going into Bal'mer Saturday and I'd like to get the horn/alarm working beforehand...!!
FYI, the FIT has two horns, one for the Alarm, and the other for the.... Horn. Tapping the steering wheel fires one, and the other is done with the alarm. easy way to test. roll your window down, lock the car, and open the door from the inside manually. that should set off the alarm. if it does, all of your lights should flash and you should hear the alarm horn.

~SB

Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
FYI, the FIT has two horns, one for the Alarm, and the other for the.... Horn. Tapping the steering wheel fires one, and the other is done with the alarm. easy way to test. roll your window down, lock the car, and open the door from the inside manually. that should set off the alarm. if it does, all of your lights should flash and you should hear the alarm horn.

~SB
Okay - test accomplished. I did it and I heard relays clunking - it looked like the lights were flashing - but no beeping. Same thing when I held down the panic button on the key - lights flash but no sound.

There is a plastic cover under the hood between the radiator and the plastic grills. I popped the clips and pulled the cover. In front of the radiator is the saddest little horn I ever saw on the driver's side. There is a mounting plate on the left side with some kind of rectangular module attached - maybe its some kind of a beeping or buzzer thing and not a horn?

Anyway - I looked in the owners manual and didn't see a specific fuse for the alarm sound module - maybe the sound module has failed?

My CRV and our Civics used an actual horn for the "Beep, its armed" alert sound after you push the key button twice ...

I took some pictures - didn't realize I needed "Macro" until after I took the horn shot - but the horn works - the other thing is probably the alarm buzzer/sounder?

2012 Honda Fit driver's side Horn

2012 Honda fit passenger side gadget

Last edited by thewebgal; 10-09-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Alarm doesnt beep when arming