2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Weathertech Window Visors fit like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by pearl
Post up how your rears fit! I'd love to see what you think about them. The fronts were great.
I have 40+ years in the manufacturing field and I am a farmboy's son

I will see if I can come up with a way to make the rears stay put without double back tape or leaving the window up all the time?

Old 08-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
ftfy
yes that

Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I installed the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors today, the rears came with double back tape already in them. Right now I am going through the "leaving the windows up" part of the install, mine are light tint.

Last edited by YouKantPimpInaKIA; 08-24-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Spelin
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Banned
YKPIK--

If you like the appearance of the WeatherTech visors, then I am happy for you- no insult intended here. My opinion, after seeing your photos, is that the Mugen and the OEM Honda visors look better, and from hundreds of reviews including mine, fit better. Again, not putting your new visors down, but I hope that all of issues in this thread are resolved to the satisfaction of the buyers. So far, the higher price of the WeatherTech visors does not seem to be justified.

If the rear visor had a front vertical vane similar to the front visors, the rears probably would stay in place better and without needing tape.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Triskelion
YKPIK--

If you like the appearance of the WeatherTech visors, then I am happy for you- no insult intended here. My opinion, after seeing your photos, is that the Mugen and the OEM Honda visors look better, and from hundreds of reviews including mine, fit better. Again, not putting your new visors down, but I hope that all of issues in this thread are resolved to the satisfaction of the buyers. So far, the higher price of the WeatherTech visors does not seem to be justified.
I didn't buy them for the look, after my 13 year experience with my first set, to me they where the only choice. At least now everyone can see what they look like on a Fit.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by YouKantPimpInaKIA
I didn't buy them for the look, after my 13 year experience with my first set, to me they where the only choice. At least now everyone can see what they look like on a Fit.
And thanks for that. I like other WeatherTech products (I have the digital-fit floor mats), and was curious about the looks and performance of their visors (I also had WeatherTech visors on my Ford pickup, and they worked/looked great. Up until now, I never saw anything good on Fit forums about their visors. Again, if you like them, great. That is the only important thing.

Last edited by Triskelion; 08-24-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I have weathertech visior for a yr now on my fit n fits great on the car

Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 PM
And thanks for that. I like other WeatherTech products (I have the digital-fit floor mats), and was curious about the looks and performance of their visors. Up until now, I never saw anything good on forums about their visors. Again, if you like them, great. That is the only important thing.
As long as I can roll my windows down a little bit and keep Seattle's rain out of my car..then they have done their job. I looked at the Mugen's...I think that look appeals to a younger crowd? Being a card carrying AARP member, the WeatherTech's may only appeal to Old Farts like myself??

WeatherTech's "look" is....they have no look, they just integrate sleekly and unobtrusively into the Fit, as if they belonged on the car from the factory...my opinion

If your after a "look" then yeah...go elsewhere

Last edited by YouKantPimpInaKIA; 08-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned
As long as I can roll my windows down a little bit and keep Seattle's rain out of my car..then they have done their job. I looked at the Mugen's...I think that look appeals to a younger crowd? Being a card carrying AARP member, the WeatherTech's may only appeal to Old Farts like myself??
I'm another old fart, but when my GD3 was still new, I met another Fitfreak with the Mugen visors on his car. As an engineer, I liked the security of the combination of the metal clip-plus-3M tape mounting. The weird sculpted-shape of the plastic made them hard to dry up the water splashed up on the inside surfaces by washing and rainstorms though, and water from washing would actually form calcium deposits. That won't be a problem with your new visors- very smooth contours.

As I previously posted, on the rear window versions, a vertical vane on the leading edge would help hold them in place without the need for back-up tape, and would also probably eliminate the air turbulence that bothers Fit drivers when they open the rear windows at speed. For some reason, I expected to see that vertical vane for the rear windows. The lack of it explains the poor fit that others have posted about. This whole picture seems really odd for a company with such excellence in their general product engineering and quality.

After 5 years if experience with OEM Honda and Mugen clip-plus-tape mounted visors on both GD3 and GE8 Fits, I would like to get away from that combination. But I don't see the rear visors from WeatherTech as being reliable without the vertical portion of the visors that the front ones have. I personally would not pay that price if I have to use tape, or leave the rear windows always closed. I am not putting down any buyer of WeatherTech, I am just disappointed in their current design and would not buy for that reason. Otherwise, the company makes great products.

Last edited by Triskelion; 08-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I am just disappointed in their current design and would not buy for that reason.
Interesting...their current design is why I purchased them? Gotta luv being able to make a choice

Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned
Interesting...their current design is why I purchased them? Gotta luv being able to make a choice
Yay. Good luck with your rear visors staying where they belong. You "gotta luv" it, I (we) don't.

Last edited by Triskelion; 08-24-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Yay. Good luck with your rear visors staying where they belong.
I'm not as worried about it as you seem to be, remember...I'm the one that actually has experience with them. Keeping them where they belong is easy, as long as your smarter than the visor you are working with

Old 06-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Genuine OEM Visors/Deflectors

Check these out guys. They look great to me and the price right now is killer. I will be buying these in the next few days and will post pics when they are attached. Cheers!
Door Visors - 08R04-T2A-100 - Exterior

Old 06-09-2014, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
YKPIK--If the rear visor had a front vertical vane similar to the front visors, the rears probably would stay in place better and without needing tape.
I have the Weathertech visors and the fronts fit pretty well and have no problem staying in place. My rears had the sticky tape from the factory, but in the hot summer the tape adhesive sometimes lets go letting the visor fall to the ground, so I haven't been able to roll down my back windows since installing them. I'm planning to use some extra double sided tape and reinstall them to try to fix the problem, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I do like the look of them more than any others I've seen though.

Weathertech could definitely use a more secure installation method for the rears.

-Dustin

Old 06-11-2014, 06:18 PM
I have the factory visors, and the driver window annoyingly allows a drip of water through when raining. I have tried resetting the gasket material behind the visor to no avail. Waddya think? Should I slilcone? I don't want it to look like a hot mess!

Old 08-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Can anyone post some long term experience with the weathertech visors? I'm considering them as I like the sleek design of them. Thanks for your consideration. Particularly are they still holding up for you or did you upgrade again.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Man, this thread brought back memories. Not sure what year you have, but don't do it. Get the OEM ones. I've had the OEM ones since I posted this thread and they still look great. They were cheaper and fit the best. And they don't randomly fall off of the car.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Man thanks a ton for answering, lol. I basically already came to that same conclusion. Alarms were going off when people kept saying they fit like crap and one guy was saying they were good. Plus, I kinda like the way the OEM looks better anyway. Almost like an arched eyebrow and the line runs the whole way instead of being broken up like the weathertech. Thx again OEM it is. Now to find them cheap. To the internets! :P

Old 08-10-2016, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my OEM visors directly from the local Honda dealer as they were the cheapest I've found in Canada ($120 CAD after taxes).
I installed them myself following instructions (you can find these online) and also the 2nd gen Honda Fit installation video on YouTube. Took me about 1.5 hrs because I had a couple beers, took my time and wanted them perfect.
Only had mine for 2 months, but been through car washes (with roller brushes), high winds, strong storms and not a single problem.
I think OEM look the best in this case. Mugen are ugly in my opinion, and WeatherTech only show a general photo, not a Honda Fit photo.

I've had WeatherTech before on my '98 Intrepid front windows only and they were great.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CurtisJ
Man thanks a ton for answering, lol. I basically already came to that same conclusion. Alarms were going off when people kept saying they fit like crap and one guy was saying they were good. Plus, I kinda like the way the OEM looks better anyway. Almost like an arched eyebrow and the line runs the whole way instead of being broken up like the weathertech. Thx again OEM it is. Now to find them cheap. To the internets! :P
I would just buy them directly from the dealer; the amount of time you will spend looking around for a price, plus shipping... You could just run down to the dealership and drive home with them and have them installed before dinner Time is money!

Quick Reply: Weathertech Window Visors fit like crap.