2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rear CUSCO Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Wink Rear CUSCO Sway Bar

Hey Yall just wondering if anyone is rocking a rear cusco sway bar on there ge8 if so anypics with it on or diy for install ima be picking one up this week wanna knw any difference between cusco and progress sry to bug

Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
what is the cusco to much come on stop viewing and give me sum info LOl anyways im getting it Friday for a very great price

Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cusco the japanese blue stuff makes great suspension bits for our cars and other hondas and other cars an it is a piece of metal bent into shape to fit your fit so you can turn better or at least make you think you can turn better even though you might still suck at driving and your tires are now the weakest link and you will now need better tires and ask what tires is best to go with cusco and noone can answer that either because everyone uses progress swaybars.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
me suk at driving NA Tires i fix that i got eagle gt 205/50 there great its just when im tougeing down hill i feel my rear end brake lose at turns up to 60 when turning hard lol HAHAH so im hopeing the cusco kicks in and helps with all the under-steer and of course i need coil-overs i knows that

thanks for ur info tho ken

Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
walfuz np but if your rear is loose down hill you need more front anti-roll. otherwise you will do full time hachiroku tofu carrier up and down the touge 24/7 day and night and spill water all over inside your car maybe end up upsidedown with swaybar pointing the sky instead of asphalt.

you need less rear rotation bias. you're going the wrong direction. easy fix. drive in reverse.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
its funny cuz for sum dumb reason i dnt liek going up hill make me nervous i love going down hill

so u think i should get the front cusco sway bar too then ?>? LOl and idk about puting water on my tires lol they will not be happy and slip

Old 10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
More front anti-roll would push the nose, creating understeer. Wafulz is talking about lift throttle oversteer.

Adding understeer to fix oversteer is like getting gonorrhea to distract you from your herpes.

He needs more tire in the back, and/or stickier rubber to fight rotation.

If that still hasn't fixed it, softer suspension and ballast/balancing is in order.

Learning how to left foot brake to keep the car from leaning on the nose and the power on wouldn't hurt either

Got to be mindful of who you take advice from on the internets.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 10-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
it's hard to tell, since i dont know how much sway you are currently getting, or your suspension setup. on my car i run just swifts and the car turns very neutral even near the limit.

it is also possible that you are letting off your throttle too abruptly or your braking into the turn-in too aggressively shifting the cog too abruptly to the front. that will also upset the car and make the rear break loose. up to you.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
More front anti-roll would push the nose, creating understeer. Wafulz is talking about lift throttle oversteer.

He needs more tire in the back, and/or stickier rubber to fight rotation.

If that still hasn't fixed it, softer suspension and ballast/balancing is in order.

Learning how to left foot brake to keep the car from leaning on the nose and the power on wouldn't hurt either
^^ yah, i think his input might be too abrupt too.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
it's hard to tell, since i dont know how much sway you are currently getting, or your suspension setup. on my car i run just swifts and the car turns very neutral even near the limit.

it is also possible that you are letting off your throttle too abruptly or your braking into the turn-in too aggressively shifting the cog too abruptly to the front. that will also upset the car and make the rear break loose. up to you.
The center of gravity is fixed.. unless you have some sort of 4th dimensional chassis option on those 2012's

His moment of inertia is the problem, along with what his unsprung components are doing.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 10-02-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
So you're trying to combat oversteer because you don't like "rear end come out in turns at 60"?

Sway bar will make it worse, unless you upgrade the front as well. Get the Cusco front bar too.

Or don't lift throttle in the middle of a turn

Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Do not make the front stiffer to fix the rear, adjust the rear accordingly. Driver mod would be a good idea too.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
The center of gravity is fixed.. unless you have some sort of 4th dimensional chassis option on those 2012's

His moment of inertia is the problem, along with what his unsprung components are doing.
oops meant inertia, was thinking centriputal force of turning car balance out of spec light rear breaking loose condition.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Do not make the front stiffer to fix the rear, adjust the rear accordingly. Driver mod would be a good idea too.
i would change driving habit first, then use higher offset numbers on front wheels and lower offset on rear, followed by swaybar change. might even do adjustable dampers before swaybar if available.

but since swaybar is the topic, if i was going to swap bars, i would go with the front swap first.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Driver mod + lower rear tire pressure = free

Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Less sidewall with a lower tread-wear rating and a slight bump in spring rate will do considerably more for you than the stiffer front sway bar.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I'll agree with that, though there will be a point of diminishing returns with dropping tire pressure.. usually well before they start to roll of the wheel.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
i do the gas and brake to shift weight always FWD
my rear just feel like its wiping a lil when going a lil too fast on the hard ass turns i knw i need coil-overs but for now just wanted to knw if that rear sway bar would help till i get the coil-overs

Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Less sidewall with a lower tread-wear rating and a slight bump in spring rate will do considerably more for you than the stiffer front sway bar.
you are just a front swaybar hater.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I'll agree with that, though there will be a point of diminishing returns with dropping tire pressure.. usually well before they start to roll of the wheel. OMG i THink thats my problem i think it might be too high

also front sway bar ok but i dnt think its my problem im lower the pressuse an at lunch for work i go on a mini touge and let u knw results BRB

Last edited by Wafulz; 10-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear CUSCO Sway Bar