2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Remote lock not working

Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Remote lock not working

Two years with the fit and first problem! 2011 Fit base with auto. Key fob will unlock door but not lock? Tried both my wife's fob and mine, both will unlock doors but not lock. Inside lock button, locks and unlocks doors as it should.

Did a forum search but found nothing. 2 years? I will try replacing battery's later, but seems odd they would go at the same time?

Any ideas? Thanks JIm

Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by jjrbus
Two years with the fit and first problem! 2011 Fit base with auto. Key fob will unlock door but not lock? Tried both my wife's fob and mine, both will unlock doors but not lock. Inside lock button, locks and unlocks doors as it should.

Did a forum search but found nothing. 2 years? I will try replacing battery's later, but seems odd they would go at the same time?

Any ideas? Thanks JIm
I have the same problem with a canadian fit, i assume its the actuator that is seized or something went wrong with the wiring. thats all the info i know about it. So i don't use the keyless entry now due to that, i have to stick my key in the key hole to unlock and lock.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a job for HONDAMAN.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by jjrbus

Any ideas? Thanks JIm
My guess would be that the car thinks something is still open: door hatch or hood. If the car senses one of these open, it won't lock. Open and close everything as a start.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Hmmmmmm

So it seems like the easy thing to do is replace the batteries? I take the wife to work, go to the store, opening every door on the car.

Come home and replace a battery in one fob. And of course now both fobs work. So was it the battery or was one of the doors not closed completely.

Who knows? The Shadow do! Thanks for the input JIm

Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
It wasn't the battery, bc the unlock command worked.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
It wasn't the battery, bc the unlock command worked.
You are most likely right, but at two years old, I do not feel that the batteries are wasted money? Thanks JIM

Old 03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I was hoping that you did find a problem because my 2013 Fit EV is doing the same thing. The doors will unlock fine but they will not lock with the key remote button or the driver's door master switch. My doors and hatch are all fully closed.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
I agree w/ malraux. Battery must be good if it unlocks but won't lock. Could also try panic button which most of us have never used. If it works, immed. hit unlock again to silence annoying horn.

As for blownb310 about battery life, my '07 Sport has two remotes whose batteries lasted SIX years so don't waste $ replacing after only two yrs. An easy way to see if battery is getting weak. When fresh, see how far from car the remote operates. Make note of that and when it no longer works until you are much closer, no worries.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Door was slightly ajar

Thank you so much, malraux. I was having the same problem and replacing the battery didn't work. One of my doors was, indeed, not closed all the way. I really should know to just check here first . 2009 Fit.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:34 PM
Had this problem. On inspection, i found that the boot light was continuously on even when the boot lid was closed (this wasnt showing up on the dashboard llights as being open). Took the rear lock off, cleaned and oiled it with wd40, reinstalled it and light went out when closed and no problem locking or unlocking with the remote since. Obviously the micro switch was sticking or poor contact sending a bad signal back to the ecu.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frank Ryan
Had this problem. On inspection, i found that the boot light was continuously on even when the boot lid was closed (this wasnt showing up on the dashboard llights as being open). Took the rear lock off, cleaned and oiled it with wd40, reinstalled it and light went out when closed and no problem locking or unlocking with the remote since. Obviously the micro switch was sticking or poor contact sending a bad signal back to the ecu.
@Frank Ryan Did the issue come back? I am having the exact same issue.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:48 AM
no. All running well since. Check that boot light is switching off when closed and follow above if not

Old 09-07-2022, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, thanks. It looks a bit different problem with mine car. I've disconected both hood and trunk switches, but issue is still there. Sometimes! Sometimes car will lock, other it wont. Sometime I lock it, and alarm kicks off in the midle of night.
Next susspect is locking control unit and welds in it. I'll responde when I fix it.