2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Nissan Versa Note

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
2014 Nissan Versa Note

http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyourni...build/2014/VER

The new revamped Nissan Versa Note for 2014 has according to a write up: "as the Note, the Versa hatchback is a lot more (Honda) Fit." Look at it and state what you think about it. Mechanically, it's a turn off for me, because the manual transmission is available ONLY on the base strippo model. All other levels have a CVT. Why buy an imitation-go for the real thing!! Just my 0.02!

'12 VBP Sport 5MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't knock the Versa Note. It's not a bad vehicle at all. Nissan makes some decent cars and at the price they are coming in at, it is nothing to Scoff at. The Versa Note in S form comes in at about $1500 less than the base model Fit. Nissan also bargains a heck of a lot more than Honda does when it comes to price so chances are you'd be able to easily get a Versa Note for $2000 less.

Someone looking for basic transportation or a reliable commuter car at a rock bottom price might want to look into the Versa Note. The CVT, while Numb to drive is a great transmission for commuting as it can return some really good economy numbers. Our 270hp V6 Altima (Prior to the FIT) had a CVT and we averaged 27mpg over the life of the vehicle. The combination of Cruise control and CVT was a dream on long trips too. It's also tough to beat the price, especially for someone who might need to pinch every penny. Reliable, inexpensive transportation for a single parent or a college kid's first new car, especially at 0.0% financing right now, is pretty damn good. Opt for the Sedan and chop another $2k off that price.

but...

Someone looking for a sporty run-about will want to steer clear of the versa note and look at the FIT

With all the pro's said above for the Nissan, would I buy one? No! I had my dealings with the archaic Nissan Financial division and the lack of a manual transmission without the extras I'd want is to me a turn-off too. The Fit Sport was the right choice for me.

~SB

Old 07-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Fit FTW!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
I wouldn't knock the Versa Note. It's not a bad vehicle at all. Nissan makes some decent cars and at the price they are coming in at, it is nothing to Scoff at.
Agreed! I'd rather have the Fit between the two... but the Versa, among other things, is one h3ll of a lot more solid, expensive-feeling and quiet than the cheap-feeling [in some areas] Fit.

Styling and instrument gauge wise though, still rather have the Fit, personally. I've never been a fan of Nissan's baby crap yellow, brown, red and orange gauge cluster schemes and interior lighting. I'd get tired of looking at that real quick. Other than lighting/gauge schemes, Nissan makes some seriously nice, quality rides. At least they feel and ride like they're quality.