2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Please share your ebay armrest experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Please share your ebay armrest experiences

I bought a generic ebay armrest for my 09 sport and it doesn't seem to fit well. The plastic base goes down inside the cup holder-ish cavities between the seats but it's a really sloppy fit with lots of play

There are three holes in the plastic base, supposedly for screws, but they don't line up with any existing holes in my center console. I'd have to drill holes in my center console in order to fasten the plastic base to the car. Is that typical?

The company I bought it from said it's a "direct fit." To me, drilling holes in your center console doesn't not equal "direct fit."

Also, for those of you who installed a center armrest, did you remove the driver seat armrest?

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
I bought a generic ebay armrest for my 09 sport and it doesn't seem to fit well. The plastic base goes down inside the cup holder-ish cavities between the seats but it's a really sloppy fit with lots of play

There are three holes in the plastic base, supposedly for screws, but they don't line up with any existing holes in my center console. I'd have to drill holes in my center console in order to fasten the plastic base to the car. Is that typical?

The company I bought it from said it's a "direct fit." To me, drilling holes in your center console doesn't not equal "direct fit."

Also, for those of you who installed a center armrest, did you remove the driver seat armrest?

Thanks everyone!
I have had one of the cheapies for 2-3 years. I put the screws through my console as they suggested. It is flimsy but I seldom put my arm on it. Just don't want to lean on the front of it. I got it mainly for looks. I did take the original armrest off. I have Clazzios so the hole is hidden.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Ebay Armrest

I bought one of the 2nd generation eBay armrests, which was deeper, but never screwed it down. It was okay, since I have both seats all the way back, it didn't move much. If I had not determined to eventually replace it w/ an OEM one, I would have just used some epoxy/screws to firmly anchor it. I've since replaced it w/ an OEM one, which means I'll need to sell the old one!
'12 VBP Sport 5MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
I bought one that looks like this on Ebay from Zeta Products. I have never screwed it in & it has worked fine going on 4 years. However I don't have any kids or pets climbing over the seats, nor do I use it to hoist myself out of the car. It might work as well in those situations

Fit for 2009 2010 2011 2012 Honda Fit Leather Armrest Centre Console Storage Box | eBay