2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Any LED Headlight plugins?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Any LED Headlight plugins?

I like the look and output of the new LED headlights...and have seen that GE makes LED replacement headlights for sealed beam headlights.

Does anyone know if there are plugin LED units to replace our stock halogen bulbs? Or other swaps to LED headlight conversions that work with the second generation FITs?

I don't have hundreds to spend on this, but would do the conversion if others have had any luck in this direction.

Paul H,
2012 AT Taffeta White Base Fit, 25k miles
LED interior lights, leather seat covers, window tints, aftermarket center console, homemade AC Compressor grill, and a good coat of Carnauba Wax!

Old 05-03-2014, 01:05 AM
The only LED headlight bulbs I have seen that put out more light then the halogens have cost over $100 a pair.

Perhaps you mean HID lights?

I know an ebay seller who will hook you up with an HID kit and premium ballasts (the part that ignites and maintains bulb brightness) for about $60-70 shipped

Can get any color, whether you want near factory yellow-white, wanna go daylight white with a hint of bulb, or if you want true blue or even purple.

Hell you can pretty much choose any color intensity nowadays

Old 05-03-2014, 02:17 AM
I did a quick search for H4 LED Headlight and found some, look here

Old 05-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Thanks!

I didn't know the FIT used H4...I will check the possibilities on eBay out.

I figure that, like the HID conversions, they may not really work right with the stock light housing/reflectors, and I don't want to go around blinding other drivers with my low beams. But...I really do like the LED light outputs, so might risk it to try, as they aren't that much to risk. If anyone has gone down this path please share your results. If i do, I will post how it goes.

Paul

Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by prhkgh
I didn't know the FIT used H4...I will check the possibilities on eBay out.

I figure that, like the HID conversions, they may not really work right with the stock light housing/reflectors, and I don't want to go around blinding other drivers with my low beams. But...I really do like the LED light outputs, so might risk it to try, as they aren't that much to risk. If anyone has gone down this path please share your results. If i do, I will post how it goes.

Paul
I would assume that whoever designed them had thought about that, but proof is in the testing.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
vleds sent me this... VLEDS

Old 05-03-2014, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Just a heads up: it seems every Honda Fit uses the 9003/H4 Lamps to this day. The 9003 Lamp came onto the US market to make the H4 lamp legal. If you have older Hondas with the sealed beam lamps (Civic/Accord/Prelude), you can buy sealed beam conversions to use the same bulb in your Fit. The LED plug ins are still in the improvement phase to make sure they don't fail too soon. I'm personally going to wait for improvements before replacing my 9003/H4 lamps. Let us know if you do the conversion, and if it's better than the stock H4 lamps.