2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost earring in the gap between the driver's seat and the gear box in the railing

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Lost earring in the gap between the driver's seat and the gear box in the railing

Dear Friends,

An expensive but small earring fell into the gap between the driver's seat on my 2012 FIT and the gear box. It fell onto the seat railing and my attempts to retrieve it only showed it further in. How do I get it out? Do I need to remove the driver's seat? And the railing? Could it have rolled out the other side of the railing and under the rug - necessitating rug removal? Or would something trap it in the railing? I'd like to get it myself, if possible. You ideas are much appreciated.

Thank you!
-Hal

Old 05-19-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Most rails have decent amount of grease for the sliding mechanism. It could possibly be stuck to some grease or maybe between floor liner and the rail itself.

I took my front driver seat out on my 1st gen to vacuum not too long ago. It was fairly easy except getting the front right bolt covering off. Not sure how it is on the 2nd Gen though.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:46 PM
I would just unbolt the seat and just tip it backwards towards the backseat. That way you don't have to physically remove it out of the car.

There are plastic clips/covers that cover the bolts. Just stick your fingers under there and pull them up. They will snap off.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, if you go removing the seat make sure that you read up on the SRS (airbag) system. There might be a note to remove the SRS fuse before unpluging the wiring for the seat or something. Maybe someone else on the site knows if you have to do someting special like that. Our cars have side airbags and you don't want to accidently set that off.

When removing my carpet on my old Integra I can tell you that I found plenty of change underneath the carpet, so anything is posible. Good luck with the hunt.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shamoo
I would just unbolt the seat and just tip it backwards towards the backseat. That way you don't have to physically remove it out of the car.

There are plastic clips/covers that cover the bolts. Just stick your fingers under there and pull them up. They will snap off.
This is probably the best way to do it. If you do need to take it all the way out -

I disconnected the negative battery cable then unplugged the 3 harnesses underneath and the 2 wires pop off via clips. This is for my GD. So your should be close to something like that.