2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Alarm chirp vs regular honk

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Alarm chirp vs regular honk

I was in the process of doing the 09 Accord horn upgrade- I had just taken off the old horn and then something came up so I needed to go pick something up at the store. When I got there, I hit the lock button twice on the remote... and it chirped??

So, I have no horn attached at all right now- just a dangling wire harness. What horn is the alarm connected to for the chirp? Is this horn also up-gradable to something with a little more oomph? (preferably another OEM part that is plug and play)

Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stxp64
I was in the process of doing the 09 Accord horn upgrade- I had just taken off the old horn and then something came up so I needed to go pick something up at the store. When I got there, I hit the lock button twice on the remote... and it chirped??

So, I have no horn attached at all right now- just a dangling wire harness. What horn is the alarm connected to for the chirp? Is this horn also up-gradable to something with a little more oomph? (preferably another OEM part that is plug and play)
There are actually two horns. The second one is located under the driver's side headlight. You need to remove the front bumper to access it easier. Peak in the engine bay under the headlight and you'll see it.

I believe you can replace it with the accord horn of the same year as the one you purchased. There is a high and a low version. Beware though as some have reported that the accord horn can draw too much current for the stock wiring to handle.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:04 PM
I want the 90's Honda horn like my 98 Prelude SH. If I have to visit a junkyard I will... ;-) I'm sure I can still buy one new at Honda or online.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, i have a pair of infiniti horns my '12.

the meep meep horn for the alarm is located on the driver side. i just kept that in place.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
You have the same concern as me, but what i can told you is don't connect a HORN like the Accord Horn directly to the Alarm you can damage the Alarm i'm not sure the Alarm uses a RELAY to activate the OEM meep meep horn.

I was thinking to use the same Chrirp horn as the VW MKII but i'm not sure, please some one help us...

Luis

2013 Honda Fit Sport AT - Blue Sensation Pearl - CndMkt

Old 04-01-2016, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fast1one
There are actually two horns. The second one is located under the driver's side headlight. You need to remove the front bumper to access it easier. Peak in the engine bay under the headlight and you'll see it.

I believe you can replace it with the accord horn of the same year as the one you purchased. There is a high and a low version. Beware though as some have reported that the accord horn can draw too much current for the stock wiring to handle.
Hello may I know, for the horn that is activated when you press the steering wheel, it is the horn hidden by the bumper right? And how many horns are there for the steering horn? Just one? Or two on each side of the bumper?

Old 04-02-2016, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
Stebel-USA.com Great product, VERY VERY loud. The motorcycle and offered version rocks, Harbour freight has them occasionally.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
On the 2013 Fit sport, the high note horn beeps when you alarm the car and is actually accessible through the driver side fog light hole in the bumper (naturally after you remove the stock sport fog light). You do not have to remove the bumper.

The low note horn is what you hear when you press on the steering wheel. It is accessible after you remove the under hood plastic panel that covers the space between the radiator support and the grille. There are about 8 plastic plugs that hold that panel on. After removal, you will find the horn bolted to the radiator support near the middle of it, near the hood release.