2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

K20A in a GE8?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks for answering, I realize I'm probably not ready to embark on such a project, I figure I'm going to continue driving the car stock until I have the time, money, and knowledge to do it right -I just want to know all that's involved.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:53 AM
Like a clip from "Night of the Living Dead" I'm bringing the post back from the Grave.

CocoWheat : did you ever do a write up? I have a full K20a Swap in my garage and want to put it in my Fit that I daily, I'm tired of not being able to accel quickly. I've done many swaps in my time, currently own a K20a Delsol and a JDM ITR B18 Delsol.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by wink
Like a clip from "Night of the Living Dead" I'm bringing the post back from the Grave.

CocoWheat : did you ever do a write up? I have a full K20a Swap in my garage and want to put it in my Fit that I daily, I'm tired of not being able to accel quickly. I've done many swaps in my time, currently own a K20a Delsol and a JDM ITR B18 Delsol.

No one ever did anything for the ge8. Most that did it took three pictures or a wiring harness then never posted again.
Most information goes like this:
# something something hasport. hasport...look at the crz forums for info. Crz group ask hasport.

# Oh something not important followed up by no real information.

#Oh yea this is cool its spoon something else off track other than blatantly skipping the swap.

#Dead air for eight years. Or redirect to dead forms

# buy a golf

# didn't do the swap had a shop do it and amazed it works

Old 04-05-2021, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by csingham
No one ever did anything for the ge8. Most that did it took three pictures or a wiring harness then never posted again.
Most information goes like this:
# something something hasport. hasport...look at the crz forums for info. Crz group ask hasport.

# Oh something not important followed up by no real information.

#Oh yea this is cool its spoon something else off track other than blatantly skipping the swap.

#Dead air for eight years. Or redirect to dead forms

# buy a golf

# didn't do the swap had a shop do it and amazed it works
Lmao this is so true. I'm coming from a Vortech supercharged MN12 TBird and I know how much solid info and write ups there are for that weird platform.

here's some info I know:
TCS (Tailored Chassis Solutions) does swaps and will sell you a turnkey KSwap for the GE8. They've also recently started making some shift cable adapters so you can use the stock Fit shifter box and not have to hack in a hybrid racing CRZ one. They've also got a ton of info that you won't find elsewhere.... especially not on any honda forums. Like the fact that auto to manual swap is definitely possible and just requires a bit more work like fusebox, BCM, cluster and the rest of the manual stuff like pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder, shifter, etc. If you have them do the swap they price the auto to manual Kswap as 800 bucks extra in sourcing those parts.... whereas people on hondatech or here will say it's impossible or too much work.

A full turnkey kswap costs 17k-18k. Includes suspension mods, working AC as well. I'm sure you can probably work with them to customize the package.
​​​​

Old 04-14-2021, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Lmao this is so true. I'm coming from a Vortech supercharged MN12 TBird and I know how much solid info and write ups there are for that weird platform.

here's some info I know:
TCS (Tailored Chassis Solutions) does swaps and will sell you a turnkey KSwap for the GE8. They've also recently started making some shift cable adapters so you can use the stock Fit shifter box and not have to hack in a hybrid racing CRZ one. They've also got a ton of info that you won't find elsewhere.... especially not on any honda forums. Like the fact that auto to manual swap is definitely possible and just requires a bit more work like fusebox, BCM, cluster and the rest of the manual stuff like pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder, shifter, etc. If you have them do the swap they price the auto to manual Kswap as 800 bucks extra in sourcing those parts.... whereas people on hondatech or here will say it's impossible or too much work.

A full turnkey kswap costs 17k-18k. Includes suspension mods, working AC as well. I'm sure you can probably work with them to customize the package.
​​​​

.so there is an awesome video that was posted within the last few months on youtube that is part of a series of four at this point. I've watched up to four and I cant wait for the 5th video. The only thing hold me back is the wiring and axel information, but otherwise I'm see EF garage swap in complexity. I'd actually buy those cables, minus the fact I cant navigate their website (at work). And to totally keep with the trend of zero links i wont post it here as well....ya know consistency.

I honestly feel like i'm back in 1994 when b16 swaps were happening and the garages were raking in swaps yet in reality it was super easy just lack of information was the only hindrance to shady tree mechanics.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by csingham
.so there is an awesome video that was posted within the last few months on youtube that is part of a series of four at this point. I've watched up to four and I cant wait for the 5th video. The only thing hold me back is the wiring and axel information, but otherwise I'm see EF garage swap in complexity. I'd actually buy those cables, minus the fact I cant navigate their website (at work). And to totally keep with the trend of zero links i wont post it here as well....ya know consistency.

I honestly feel like i'm back in 1994 when b16 swaps were happening and the garages were raking in swaps yet in reality it was super easy just lack of information was the only hindrance to shady tree mechanics.
here's a new harness adapter thing that just recently got released. https://www.2nrs.com/collections/fit-parts

Old 04-21-2021, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
The more I price this swap, especially with all the small stuff and mounts and harness adapters, etc. It looks like I'll end up spending at least 7-10K on parts alone. That doesn't include labor. K24's aren't exactly "cheap" and a engine trans combo that isn't beat to hell naturally costs more. To have working A/C will be even more of an ordeal with possibly custom lines and CANBUS stuff to figure out.

​​​​​​Watching AQ Performance's (user: Fit Hybrid RS 2012) CRZ and Fit KSwap guide on the swap makes me even more concerned about the work.

Makes me really think TCS has a good price for the swap.... especially since it's turnkey and includes all supporting modifications necessary, braking system, suspension, etc.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:34 AM
@EnticedByTiffany. I will help say some of what you cannot. 2NRS makes a jumper harness for the K24Z engines. Hasport Makes GEK swap mounts for 09-13 fit. You use Engine harness, charge harness, and ecu out of a 09-13 tsx. Insane Shafts 92-00 k swap cv axles work. That's what I know so far. Who knows which shift linkage and shifter box works best for this swap?

Old 09-01-2021, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by viciouzex
@EnticedByTiffany. I will help say some of what you cannot. 2NRS makes a jumper harness for the K24Z engines. Hasport Makes GEK swap mounts for 09-13 fit. You use Engine harness, charge harness, and ecu out of a 09-13 tsx. Insane Shafts 92-00 k swap cv axles work. That's what I know so far. Who knows which shift linkage and shifter box works best for this swap?
TCS (Tailored Chassis Solutions) makes a Kswap Fit shift linkage adapter.

​​​

Old 09-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
TCS (Tailored Chassis Solutions) makes a Kswap Fit shift linkage adapter.

​​​
So what you are saying is I keep the fit's shift linkage, just use an adapter?