2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

V6 Honda Fit Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 PM
So this is how I spent the entire weekend.

Looking over diagrams trying to figure out why in the He-double-hockey-sticks
the fuel pump wouldn't fire. First problem was that the ECU didn't seem to be spitting out a +12v signal to fire the FPR. So I hunted for missing grounds, and blow fuses, and broken relays. LONG story short, A15 outputs a ground signal to fire the relay, once I figured that out the fuel pump still didn't fire. So once again I started pulling more fuses, and relays, and then spent about an hour looking for an inertia switch that was mentioned in the troubleshooting guide, a guide that was for a Civic, apparently, another thing that got overlooked in my mad dash to get this project busted out.

Another day of looking over the A plug for the Fit harness I noticed a sneaky little second relay that needs to be run to ground that should allow the pump to run, ground that lead and still nothing. Back to the diagnosing again, using the correct guide this time, do a few checks. Turns out at some point the lead from the ECU to the chassis got disconnected. Plug that back in and I hear that glorious fuel pumping sound.

Now the bay is a disaster from all the testing and wire swapping that happened, still haven't fired, but I think it should be pretty easy, maybe a missing ground or something silly like that.

Additionally here is the Fit A plug and its replacement.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Damn... Gotta love wiring issues

Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Nice to see the progress on this! I am loving all the projects within the project! FIT-CEPTION!

Old 08-27-2015, 02:40 AM
Old 08-27-2015, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Damn... Gotta love wiring issues
No Sheet!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the satisfaction on hearing that start up. Well done!!!!!

Last edited by Black3sr; 08-27-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:10 AM
Dude, with the right exhaust that motor is going to sound badass! Congrats on all your hard work!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
been watching this thread since it was first posted... so good now that theres video of it starting up... can't wait to see this thing move!

Old 08-27-2015, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
You forgot the NSFW tag!

Old 08-27-2015, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, That's Loud!. Yeah wiring issue are always a freaking pain. At least mine were always on protoboard lol.

Nice progression of your progress. Steady and painful, but it will be worth it!

Keep it up.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
What a beast! That's rad dude...

Old 08-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Banned
Damnnnn... I want to see some hp numbers! With the right exhaust it could sound like a Lambo V10!

Old 09-01-2015, 04:29 AM
Thanks everyone! Tons of progress this weekend, got a bet going I will driving this car in the next 24 hours.

My second junkyard J came with these upper manifolds so I finally put them back to work.

This is the section that goes over the steering rack, way different than the Civics we usually do. Surprisingly tight.

First pass at the rear had the split way longer with the merge way back where the cat used to sit. This setup looks killer but is just impossible to get to fit.

Here is the whole y-pipe tacked together. You can see how much shorter is ended up being, merge right above the steering rack.

As I was fitting the merge to 2.5" my old man challenged me to a Welders Nationals. I think I had the better looking beads, but had a blow through, that's a big points deduct. Did a few minutes of port work to improve flow, didn't grab a photo, maybe tomorrow.

This is a mild steel joint that got some great color. The y-pipe is mild because I have a better plan coming up next year

The ol v6 car getting gutted, RIP Sedantha.

Hasport EG swap axles fitting pretty nice, noticed this axle bearing is out, not just a little bit, got a new one coming in the morning.

Abracadabra, the engine is gone again!

Little braided clutch line, Honda added a nice little hole in the shock mount so you can reach the fittings. Thanks guys.

Throttle cable mounted, had some trouble with the MIG.. again. But it is functional.

Don't think this was posted yet, here is the RSX pedal mount to the adapter plate.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Banned
That's some nice fab work for sure. You're definitely doing it right.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
PinkBatman,

Where can I find more information about your road racing civics? 1/4 mile times and trap speeds? Any videos of them? The V6 versions specifically.

Also, do you know what their curb weights were and power they had in their engine?

Is this you ---> J32A2 V6 Civic first run down drag strip. - YouTube
Sorry about quoting an old post. That's PIR in Portland, OR.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on getting it fired up for the first time. I'm not on here much these days other than to check your progress. Been following since the beginning and can't wait to see it on the road!

Old 09-05-2015, 04:14 AM
Thanks everyone!

First things first, I did not win the bet . Wanted the car running at 2am, ended up being some problems. Reinstalling the engine there was a bolt hole that was not quite lining up and needed a bit of reaming, then the rear mount moved off the tacks and shifted about 4mm. Almost no photos since I was up until 6pm the next day buttoning stuff up to get the car loaded.

Like I mentioned the front bearing was absolutely shot so that got replaced first thing.

The last half of the exhaust is just temporary, but hilarious. Super stoked that this came together to well since it was 3am and I was flying through the project. Thankfully I got help with the final TIG work that saved me about an hour of welding.

Got to Speedfactory around 7 this morning and tried to hook up the AEM to 2 different computers, one which had connected to the ECU before. For some reason the USB connection would not work and the serial line was fine. Once that was going Kevin and I checked through the sensors and everything looked good. Started up and set the timing, got all the cylinders firing and drained the tank to get some fresh 92 octane.

James jumped in and did a bunch of pulls getting it dialed in, tested a few manifolds and got some good data. Something I was amazed by is how much the motor picked up on to by opening the butterfly on the stock a2 intake. Didn't get a shot of that but it was around 20hp instantly and just a small loss on the bottom, pretty amazing.

This is one of the earlier runs spinning to 7k, doesn't show how chest wrenching the exhaust really is.

By the end of the day we hit 278whp | 263tq, fantastic numbers, much better than I could have hoped for!

This chart is my v6 sedan vs the Fit.

Only one thing left to do is break in the clutch.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Absoulte sickness

SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM! SUCH AN INSANE BUILD . I wonder if the J32 would have much problem going into an 07 GD3 Fit.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Banned
Holy christ. 278whp???? You could probably beat an E46 with that thing lol.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Damn.. I want that in my GE.. Such a sleeper

Old 09-05-2015, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Speedfactory? Are you in the PNW?

Quick Reply: V6 Honda Fit Build