2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Auto Headlight Mod/ 2013 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Auto Headlight Mod/ 2013 Sport

Hi Folks,
Brand new owner of a 2013 Fit, Sport model. I am interested in converting the headlights to automatic so they come on at night. I purchased a Directed Electronics 545T module for about $25 that looks like it should work. Has anybody had any experience with this mod (did not get much using Search)? Or, does anyone have a wiring diagram showing the color coding and location of connections, relays etc. My initial concerns are: the wires going to the headlights seem to be a lot smaller than I am used to for the current I think they have to carry; and I don't know where the headlight relays are. Most of my experience is based on my '65 Mustang so I am new to Honda.

Thanks,
Bob Schoner

Old 05-11-2015, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator
This sounds interesting.
I don't think anyone has done this mod. Most Fit drivers just do cosmetic mods...

Old 05-11-2015, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Ive thought about doing this too.

The european and probably jdm models have this feature, so youll likeky have to find the electronic service manual posted on this forum and select the manual for the euro fit. Then you need to find the trim level that has these headlights.

Most likely youll have to end up buying a ligt sensor and a new headlight stalk with the auto function. You can get part numbers at lings honda

Its not going to be easy to figure this out. It took me months of researching and reading to figure out how to convert to the european climate control aystem. But this is far more simple, so it should be possible.

Good luck.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
connor u sound just like the man to do this. i looked at part numbers before for the light sensing unit and oem is mucho dinero like $500+....

Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
No way its that much. Thats insane, unless its shipped from the uk? I was thinking that maybe we could buy the parts from the US since sometimes honda reuses parts from different cars. In any case, theres always the option to get used parts which are way cheaper.

I personally think that this feature isnt really worth the effort of opening everything up and soldering in some new pins and routing the wiring for he sensor, which also needs to be properly mounted to the windshield.

Id rather spend my efforts on something like a jdm glass moonroof

Old 05-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by connor55
Ive thought about doing this too.

The european and probably jdm models have this feature, so youll likeky have to find the electronic service manual posted on this forum and select the manual for the euro fit. Then you need to find the trim level that has these headlights.

Most likely youll have to end up buying a ligt sensor and a new headlight stalk with the auto function. You can get part numbers at lings honda

Its not going to be easy to figure this out. It took me months of researching and reading to figure out how to convert to the european climate control aystem. But this is far more simple, so it should be possible.

Good luck.
Hi,
Thanks for getting back. So far I have not been able to find any diagrams, info etc.
The wires going to the headlight are small and the bulb is rated for less than five amps so I am beginning to think that there are no relays, just a direct wire from the switch. That made me think that I could splice in to the headlight wires directly. This might work but it probably would not turn on the dash lights.
I'm looking at this because the wife seems to forget about the lights at night since we are used to the automatic lights in our Grand Marquis and the DRL provide some light. Another option would be to use the kit as a warning when it is dark; jut have it turn on a buzzer or something.

Bob

Old 05-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
or a better way is to look at the auto headlight sensor units for the GKs...

Old 05-14-2015, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Guess it could be compatible , but probably still expensive.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Hi all, I'm in the same predicament as the original poster. I have a 2013 Honda Fit Sport, and bought the Directed Electronics 545t Automatic Headlight Kit, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out which wires go where.

Anybody on this thread have any luck?

Thanks!