2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How many miles on your 2009-2013 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Talking

45K on my '12 Fit Sport. Not going to be racking up too many more until after the airbag parts come in this summer (hopefully). The Fit is in "driveway and chill" mode, soon to be "garage and chill" mode.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Howdy
Oil changes every 12 -13K miles
Oh my. You don't care about your engine or are trying to save $6 a year?

Your oil is probably a contaminated watered down dirty liquid and your engine is wearing out at a rate of 10000 miles every 1000 you put at it with such a crappy lubricant in the engine.
Glad I am not going to buy a used car like yours again. People like you really damage the engines early in the car's service life and that is not going to ever be compensated with anything later on.
You need to get yourself more educated about oil life instead of "hoping" it's still okay.

What is an oil life indicator? | HowStuffWorks

If you much rather follow an environmentlist who would much rather you not have a car at all and keep the oil dirty, go ahead and do it. But realize you are doing everyone a disservice if you are planning to replace your fit once its engine dies.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Why? Don't you trust Honda engineers? Do you have specific evidence that Honda MM is wrong? Do you have any evidence of Honda L15 motors going bad for for following the MM? I don't think you can dispute the Honda MM.

And don't worry. It's full synthetic and I have test results from Blackstone Labs saying that it's okay to run to 0%MM. I didn't believe that you could go 12K so I verified it.

Buying a used car is like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you're going to get.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:12 AM

160,000 on the 2010 Sport. No problems yet except a replacement battery.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fanfit
09' sport, brought with 37k, owned for almost 2 months @ 38k with 90% oil life remaining. The wiper motors & battery was replaced prior purchase. Is it just me or it takes a awhile for the car to warm up?
It takes forever. Don't quite know why.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Howdy
Why? Don't you trust Honda engineers? Do you have specific evidence that Honda MM is wrong? Do you have any evidence of Honda L15 motors going bad for for following the MM? I don't think you can dispute the Honda MM.

And don't worry. It's full synthetic and I have test results from Blackstone Labs saying that it's okay to run to 0%MM. I didn't believe that you could go 12K so I verified it.

Buying a used car is like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you're going to get.

I'll keep this simple. 1) The additives, not the oil, do not last. 2) Moisture and contaminants from the combustion process get into the oil. 3) When you compare what your dipstick looks like just after an oil change to what it looks like after 10k on the same oil, do you see any "evidence" of a difference?

I don't care for boxed chocolates, but I sure do like Scharffen Berger 70% Bittersweet chocolate. About nice bucks for a brick of it. Really good.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mister Coffee
I'll keep this simple. 1) The additives, not the oil, do not last. 2) Moisture and contaminants from the combustion process get into the oil. 3) When you compare what your dipstick looks like just after an oil change to what it looks like after 10k on the same oil, do you see any "evidence" of a difference?

I don't care for boxed chocolates, but I sure do like Scharffen Berger 70% Bittersweet chocolate. About nice bucks for a brick of it. Really good.
I totally agree with 1 and 2. 3. I see a color change and a different odor, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I only put synthetic motor oil so that may make a difference.

I was skeptical about the Honda MM at first, but the lab results from Blackstone confirmed that it is okay to go up to 0% MM on oil changes. I started driving in a period where they really pushed 3,000 miles or 3 month oil changes so going to an extended OCI was somewhat difficult to grasp.

Boxed chocolates aren't my thing either but I thought that it was an interesting anolgy.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:15 PM
2011 Base AT with 50351 miles. Will be holding there for a while as it's now parked until a replacement airbag is available.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:08 PM
2010 Sport AT with 58k miles. Car has been super reliable other that the crappy TPMS sensors. I swear Honda has the most failure prone TPMS sensors out there.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Osubeaver
2010 Sport AT with 58k miles. Car has been super reliable other that the crappy TPMS sensors. I swear Honda has the most failure prone TPMS sensors out there.
Yep, my light came on a couple of times this winter. I checked the tires---they were fine----so I don't care.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by littleblackcar
Yep, my light came on a couple of times this winter. I checked the tires---they were fine----so I don't care.
Yep, I've just come to ignore the orange TPMS on the dash and check tire pressures as I always would.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 PM
About 68k on a 2011 Sport MT. We've had it for the past 10k miles and love every bit of it. Fantastic car.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
85K miles on my 2010. Went from a 64 mile daily commute, (all highway), to mostly around-town driving. Did see a noticeable drop in fuel consumption at that point, but it doesn't bother me because I'm now driving a lot less.

I do all my own service per the MM schedule. Always used Mobil 1. Still on original brakes & battery. Only unplanned maintenance was the replacement of the rear shocks. One of them was leaking, so I took the opportunity to upgrade to a set of Koni's. Otherwise, the car has been trouble free.

At some point, I'll give the 2010 to my daughter to replace her 2007 Fit with a 135K miles. (By the way the 2007 has been pretty reliable as well.)

Old 03-13-2016, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
09 SSM MT Sport got 09/08
76,000 miles
Had rear motor mount replaced this year
Love it in town and on the highway
Avg 35 mpg

Old 03-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Just bought a base 2010 model with 36.7k on it yesterday!

Old 03-19-2016, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
2013 Sport that I purchased new. Performed break-in as Honda advised (something most people blow off, in my experience.) Since then, all synthetic oil, changed every 9-9.5k. At 45K miles, it still does not burn a drop.

Looking to do first tire change. I still have some tread left but it is starting to hydroplane on the interstate in real heavy rain. No other problems noted.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by garyhowie
2013 Sport that I purchased new. Performed break-in as Honda advised (something most people blow off, in my experience.) Since then, all synthetic oil, changed every 9-9.5k. At 45K miles, it still does not burn a drop.

Looking to do first tire change. I still have some tread left but it is starting to hydroplane on the interstate in real heavy rain. No other problems noted.
That's dangerous. Get those Avid Ascends you were talking about in your other thread, or get something.

Tires and breaks. Do them first. Do them often. Smile with joy when you spend money on them.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Don't I know it! I was a motorcycle test rider at the Harley-Davidson Talladega Test Facility for 16 years. During that time, I had the occasion to test motorcycle tires at the Dunlop Proving Grounds in Huntsville, AL. Motorcycle tires are better than most people think in the rain but it is surprising how a 1/32nd of an inch can make a difference in wet traction. Once you can no longer channel water out from between the tire and the road, it's time to change.

The AVID Ascends are ordered and should be on the car by this time next week.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
^^Once, I wrecked a car because I had spent an hour too long on the tires. An almost interesting story that I will share with you sometime when we have a distilled beverage in front of us.

I'm sure that you know best regarding the AVID Ascends. I have Yokohamas now. I bought them for the price and the high milage that they are supposed to provide. They are fine. But, in all honesty, they are not as pretty as the Michelins. And, yes, I am man enough to admit that I like a pretty tire.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I would have preferred the Michelins but the price difference was $131 vs $83 a tire. Dunlop makes a great motorcycle tire but my experience with their car tires are that they suck. At least, the 7000s that came OEM on my Fit do. Terrible wet traction, rough riding and noisy.

Quick Reply: How many miles on your 2009-2013 Fit?