2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

various lights don't work

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:43 PM
various lights don't work

This is the first forum I've been a member of, so if I do something stupid, please bear with me.
I have a 2009 Honda Fit (non-Sport). The other night, I discovered that my tail lights did not work, but that my brake lights and rear turn signals and hazard lights did. I also had no lights on my radio or HVAC controls. I replaced blown "day light" and "small light" fuses, but today I have no daytime running lights, parking lights, tail lights, radio lights or HVAC lights. I've now checked or replaced all fuses with the word "light" on the fuse map. DRLs worked for a while today but the last time out, they didn't - I haven't checked that fuse again. I don't have a fuse identified as being for parking lights. Is there a fuse I'm missing that affects all or many of these?
I've run out of ideas. Please help.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
Try #29 a 10 amp one. It is for the following -

Right front parking/side marker light, Left front parking/side marker light, Right taillight, Left taillight, Right license plate light, Left license plate light, Hazard warning switch light, A/T gear
position indicator (A/T), Steering wheel switch light, Rear window defogger switch light, Audio
unit light, A/C switch light, Heater control panel light, Power mirror switch light, Passenger's air
bag cut off indicator, VSA OFF switch lig

Old 08-31-2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks, Black3sr!
Sure enough, fuse 29 (labeled small light on the fuse map) was the culprit. I was fooled because I had replaced it a couple of times and it never made a difference. After seeing that it was blown, I checked every other fuse in the box, and without the A/C on, started the car and everything worked. Then I turned the A/C on and lost those lights again. Sure enough, it was the same fuse.
To make a long story - well, less long, my A/C button stopped working a couple of years ago. Being lazy and cheap, I removed the button and operated the connection by plugging the two parts together and separating them to turn it off. Well, I'd been plugging it in wrong (upside-down). When I righted it, all went well. Brain death is a terrible thing.
Problem solved, maybe. Upon cleaning up and quitting, the door wouldn't lock. The fuse had blown. Hopefully just a coincidence! I'll find out in a day or two.
Thanks again!

Old 09-01-2015, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
Glad to help. A shop manual helps -).

Ah so are we going to replace that switch now? Glad you figured out what was causing the problem.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:23 PM
I have a similar issue with my front marker lights on my 2012 Fit Sport!! Most of the time its my left front marker that isn’t working when my turn signal is on or I set the alarm. Recently I noticed that my right one is doing this too. But other times they both work?!? Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can lend.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Probably a bad contact in the socket. Might need to remove the bulb and clean the contacts.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:03 PM
contacts!!

Awesome!!! I will do that first thing tomorrow!!