2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got him!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Finally got him!

I have wanted a Fit since they came out in 2007, and last week I drove off the lot with a 2013 sport in vortex blue. I liked the quirkier design of this generation rather than the newest one. I'm calling him the Tardis - because he is bigger on the inside. This is the first car I got to choose and purchase myself. 2 of my veh. were given to me, and one I bought for 200 bucks, and it ran for a good long time even though it was rough around the edges.

Anyway, my first main question, since I have not figured out where to download a manual yet, is about the radio.

Is there a way when using a usb/flash drive that you can shuffle through folders and not go one song at a time?

I have so many things I want to do - tint, remote start, seat covers/cargo protection, etc. But a little at a time!

Old 01-30-2016, 01:13 AM
I have navi so I have no clue on standard radio. You can Google the owners manual. Download on phone so the are with u all the time. Or buy hard copies from honda.

Oh and WELCOME

Old 01-30-2016, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Swaggertoes
I have wanted a Fit since they came out in 2007, and last week I drove off the lot with a 2013 sport in vortex blue. I liked the quirkier design of this generation rather than the newest one. I'm calling him the Tardis - because he is bigger on the inside. This is the first car I got to choose and purchase myself. 2 of my veh. were given to me, and one I bought for 200 bucks, and it ran for a good long time even though it was rough around the edges.

Anyway, my first main question, since I have not figured out where to download a manual yet, is about the radio.

Is there a way when using a usb/flash drive that you can shuffle through folders and not go one song at a time?

I have so many things I want to do - tint, remote start, seat covers/cargo protection, etc. But a little at a time!
You can organize music by playlists, artist or album.

Remote start is bad.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
The main things you need to know is that the car will only read up to a 32gb drive formatted fat32 and will only read mp3 and I think 1 other file type. Congrats on your fit.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Remote start can't be all that bad. It's standard on new Hondas such as the Accord EX CVT and above.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by wzlfit
The main things you need to know is that the car will only read up to a 32gb drive formatted fat32 and will only read mp3 and I think 1 other file type. Congrats on your fit.
That is handy information. I have a 64gig plugged in now and it is doing fine, but perhaps only because it has less than 32gig on it?

I have noticed at least one song got cut off at the end, but that could be a transfer error.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
You can organize music by playlists, artist or album.

Remote start is bad.
Why do you say remote start is bad? I work 12 hour days and have no covered parking and am super sensitive to the cold, that is why I have always wanted it. Especially since the heating in the Fit seems slow to roast!

Old 01-30-2016, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Idling a car is a very slow way for it to warm up, so unless you wait 10 minutes or so...it probably still won't be warm when you get in the car.

Its also a waste of gas & just winds up as needless pollution.

Driving gently for a minute or two will heat the car up much more efficiently.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mike410b
Idling a car is a very slow way for it to warm up, so unless you wait 10 minutes or so...it probably still won't be warm when you get in the car.

Its also a waste of gas & just winds up as needless pollution.

Driving gently for a minute or two will heat the car up much more efficiently.
completely agree. ive used to use my remote start on my accord all the time. loved the novelty of it. with the FIT, fuel economy goes straight to crap when you use it. I used it 2-3 times only last week and my economy dropped to 30ish. I rarely ever use it now, and only did use it because I was too lazy to scrape ice and frost off the windshield because of the damn snow storm.

and another exception would be if i am away and my car is just sitting for days, i can remote start it via app just to keep the battery going.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
I went this last New Year's Weekend without starting the car from Thursday evening to Monday morning.

Not even a bit of hesitation.

Fit is go!

Old 02-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Swaggertoes

Just fyi, I bought the Haynes book for mine on Amazon for $17 when the parts store wanted almost $30.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
The primary reason the OEM's started adding remote start to cars is that it reduces the life expectancy of the car by about 20% if used regularly. Idling is very very hard on expensive parts, (Like your cat converter) If you want the car warm when you get in use a engine heater, some even run on propane and will heat the engine in minutes. Electrical plug-in works good too but you need power..