2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit with Navigation and Blue Tooth.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Fit with Navigation and Blue Tooth.

I am going to get a used Fit, and my wife keeps insisting that if I am going to pay over $10,000 then it has to have Navigation and Bluetooth. What years come with Navigation and do they all have Bluetooth. Also what has been everyone's experience with that year of model.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Reddogs
I am going to get a used Fit, and my wife keeps insisting that if I am going to pay over $10,000 then it has to have Navigation and Bluetooth. What years come with Navigation and do they all have Bluetooth. Also what has been everyone's experience with that year of model.
I recommend getting one without the factory nav and get an aftermarket nav with carplay or android installed. I believe only the 09-13 sport models came with Nav as an option.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah really the nav on used cars are old. u will be much happier just getting an aftermarket system or just use your iphone or something like i do for nav.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:50 PM
I have a 13' with nav. The nav is only as old as its updates which can be done easily. If you want newer tech in-dash which the wife didn't say she wanted or not then you're safe staying with the Honda nav. If you stay with honda, get 12-13. It has 16gb of data and the screen isnt as grainy vs the 09-11 which uses a DVD behind the folding screen only carries about 7-8gb of data. I may be getting the 2nd gen Kenwood because it has in-dash 4g LTE router for pax to use their laptops while on a ex. road trip and stuff like that. If that stuff (apple/android) apps, go to a car audio store and see if it's withing your budget. Keep us posted. Their are very educated folks here for anything youre questioning on the fit.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
but the poi's keep changing. my thought is dat fits are cheap reliable cars. why not just commit to keeping the price low?

otherwise spend more and get a nicer car with the bellz and whistles u want.
its not like the nav in the iphone and droids are inferior either. more like the vehicle navs are behind.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:50 AM
The phone navigation you have to keep the radio down to hear instructions while using the USB on the phone to play music.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Save your money on the navigation and put it towards a 1 year newer fit. (get a '13 sport instead of a '12 Sport with navi.). Install an afternarket Head unit for $250 with Bluetooth (get one that pairs to multiple phones for you and your wife - see... thinking about her....) and use your phone for Navigation. When Paired over Bluetooth and using navigation, many head units lower the music volume (or mute it) for messages coming over the phone (such as calls, texts, navigation turns, etc...)

~SB

Old 02-26-2016, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
I don't always buy cars, but when I do, I buy them for the infotainment.

Not! Wish you could order cars with nothing but an empty double din slot.

Pioneer has some nice Android Auto head units out. I guarantee no matter where you live, there is somebody who will install a radio for $25 and a six pack of victory at sea. I'll do it if you are around Chicago.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
agreed

I ended up getting a pioneer head unit (double din, nice unit with ambient lighting) and installing it myself....not too bad though I was nervous as it was my first soldering job and I needed to practice before doing it.

I agree an aftermarket can be had for less than $200....buy a quality cell phone mount and use google maps....doesnt use much data at all....I use it all week and most weekends, and barely go over a GB.

Facebook, on the other hand

Old 03-10-2016, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
The phone navigation you have to keep the radio down to hear instructions while using the USB on the phone to play music.
Not on mine. When I have my iPhone plugged into USB, nav instructions come through the radio

Old 03-10-2016, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
In my experience phone GPS is too slow, I love it when I get directions after I pass the turn..

I prefer my Garmin and Tom-Tom to any of the built in nav systems I've played with..

I even used my Garmin for a co-driver on rally courses when I go out to play.. Its fast enough I can see corners at speed and its not dependent on anything but the sat coverage..
I used to do sweep for the local rally crowd in my Jeep..

Old 03-10-2016, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
I had lots of issues with Google Maps navigation. Apple Maps navigation has been much better. One of the issues I had with Google was placing me on the wrong road when there were two roads close together, and telling me to navigate back to the road that I was actually on. I don't think I've ever had that happen with Apple Maps.

Apple Maps also gives me far more warning than Google maps. Apple will warn me that a turn is coming up well over a mile away, where Google seemed to warn me only a block away (and, yes, it was bad for warning me right at the intersection, where Apple gives me about 200 feet warning that I need to turn.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
I have a 13' with nav. The nav is only as old as its updates which can be done easily. If you want newer tech in-dash which the wife didn't say she wanted or not then you're safe staying with the Honda nav. If you stay with honda, get 12-13. It has 16gb of data and the screen isnt as grainy vs the 09-11 which uses a DVD behind the folding screen only carries about 7-8gb of data. I may be getting the 2nd gen Kenwood because it has in-dash 4g LTE router for pax to use their laptops while on a ex. road trip and stuff like that. If that stuff (apple/android) apps, go to a car audio store and see if it's withing your budget. Keep us posted. Their are very educated folks here for anything youre questioning on the fit.
My understanding is having the Honda Nav you don't have to hook up or pay a third party, wouldn't you loose that with the Kenwood?