2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I have a 09 fit sport. Any suggestion on intake and exhausts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 03:01 PM
I have a 09 fit sport. Any suggestion on intake and exhausts?

Hello, guys. I just had my first car half year ago. and it is an used 09 honda fit sport with automatic transmission.

Even though it is my first car. I find it is really fun to drive this car. I like hear the engine sound. I am really new to car. But I hear we can upgrade air intake and exhausts to boost a little bit power and mostly make it sounds better.

I did read a few threads here. People mention about PRM and K&N 69-1017TTK. But I am still kind lost.

Should I upgrade both air intake and exhaust? If I upgrade one first which one should I upgrade. Any well known model for both? I live in New York. so hope they are legal.

Really a fun to drive car. Just want make it even more fun and cool to drive. Need your guys experience and help. Thanks a lot.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i didnt bother with the intake. muffler i like the tanabe axleback. sounds smooth and not obnoxious at all.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i didnt bother with the intake. muffler i like the tanabe axleback. sounds smooth and not obnoxious at all.
Thanks. I went to the website and hear the sound clip. It sounds good.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
np. ive had mine for 3 yrs and to this day i like its sound.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
He's correct. If you like good mid-range torque and a mellow sound, get the Medallion Touring. You want more top-end but more sound, do Concept G. As for intake, I did HPS short ram. Sounds great. Like Civic SI circa 99'-00'. Nice and aggressive. You can hear VTEC X-over at 5400-5500 when at WOW for only 160.00 on Amazon.com. My mall 😂. If any other questions, shoot.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:07 PM
I have a PRM air intake & a Megan Racing Axle Back exhaust.
I found my PRM gave me better fuel to air ratio slightly, and the exhaust has a great smooth rumble to it. I suggest getting a B pipe if changing the exhaust from the stock one. Mine is a bit droney in the cab, but I've learned to live with it.
Enjoy!

Old 02-18-2016, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
I did hps short ram and tanabe axle back. I don't think I notice any more power but I would say it's more responsive. With the lack of squat, I would say my suspension gives me more oomph off the line than any intake or exhaust. It's my understanding tuning options make those more apparent though. As far as sound I like the tanabe because it's deep but not loud. The hps intake actually kind of gulps before the muffler kicks in then almost harmonizes with the muffler. I got the intake 1st but I would say having both is like listening to music in stereo compared to mono.
IMO if you want to squeeze more excitement out of the car suspension would be a better investment helping you reach and hold higher speeds. Also, I saw op mentioned k&n and their short ram has a plate obstructing part of the opening. The hps is almost the same without the plate but still comes with a k&n filter.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
He's correct. If you like good mid-range torque and a mellow sound, get the Medallion Touring. You want more top-end but more sound, do Concept G. As for intake, I did HPS short ram. Sounds great. Like Civic SI circa 99'-00'. Nice and aggressive. You can hear VTEC X-over at 5400-5500 when at WOW for only 160.00 on Amazon.com. My mall 😂. If any other questions, shoot.
Also check youtube through good speakers/headphones ie beats audio/JBL/Bose head phones to feel the real depth from inside/out. That's how I chose and then reading the fit family opinions about power etc. That's what were here for. if someone bitches to click search, we'll be here to chat w/u.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks for input. I just want more fun. and sounds is the easiest way to add fun I think. and can be addictive. So I do not mind whether they will add power or not.

Question: are these install can be done by a new user like me? Or I should let someone professional do it?

Old 02-20-2016, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by SickHollywood
I have a PRM air intake & a Megan Racing Axle Back exhaust.
I found my PRM gave me better fuel to air ratio slightly, and the exhaust has a great smooth rumble to it. I suggest getting a B pipe if changing the exhaust from the stock one. Mine is a bit droney in the cab, but I've learned to live with it.
Enjoy!
The B-pipe isnt what you want if it drone's. It's the worst sound EVER if cruising down the free-way. The loud humming is loud over you stereo.

Originally Posted by wzlfit
I did hps short ram and tanabe axle back. I don't think I notice any more power but I would say it's more responsive. With the lack of squat, I would say my suspension gives me more oomph off the line than any intake or exhaust. It's my understanding tuning options make those more apparent though. As far as sound I like the tanabe because it's deep but not loud. The hps intake actually kind of gulps before the muffler kicks in then almost harmonizes with the muffler. I got the intake 1st but I would say having both is like listening to music in stereo compared to mono.
IMO if you want to squeeze more excitement out of the car suspension would be a better investment helping you reach and hold higher speeds. Also, I saw op mentioned k&n and their short ram has a plate obstructing part of the opening. The hps is almost the same without the plate but still comes with a k&n filter.
If you noticed more response then you noticed the power gain bro. As for VTEC its less aggressive tone change than a K20 fron Civic SI MY06-08 when the cam change made a big change in sound b4 the switch to the K24 from TSX. VTEC since 08 is only on the intake cam. The K24 from the 1st gen TSX had VTEC on both intake/exhaust cam so the sound and power change was way more aggressive than it once was. When i put the HPS intake on before the exhaust i noticed power in the mid-range and post VTEC X-over. After the exhaust i installed the exhaust, I noticed even more mid-range and top-end. One thing you dont do is pay near 600.00 for more sounds. You can do this for 0.00 and 1hr of your time removing the intake resonator. It'll sound like you have an intake when at WOT.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:17 AM
Try to watch some youtube videos to hear the sound of different exhausts available for your Fit, then decide which sound you like more.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by mtheo31
Try to watch some youtube videos to hear the sound of different exhausts available for your Fit, then decide which sound you like more.
Yes, but there are dozens of variables that can affect the sound (camera quality, microphone quality, wind, microphone proximity to exhaust, etc.). Use YouTube to get a rough idea, consider what's trusted on this site, and go with a reputable brand.

It's also a good idea, as someone suggested, to start with removing the resonator. Just to make sure this is a change you want to live with. And always keep your stock intake around in case you need to sell the car or if you get sick or anything else.