2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How do I replace the AUX jack in my 2010 FIT

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 01:35 PM
How do I replace the AUX jack in my 2010 FIT

The AUX jack is no longer working in my 2010 FIT.
Does anyone know how I can replace it?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:47 PM
The AUX port in my 2009 standard Fit is broken too. I've tried a few different good-quality cables but it's the port itself that's broken. Right now I have to twist and wiggle the plug while its plugged in until the sound comes out right. Id also like to know if the port itself can be replaced

Old 04-10-2016, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
For 09 and 10 I found "JACK ASSY., AUX IN.", Honda part # 39112-TA0-003

Item #1 in this diagram

Catalog link: Honda Automotive Parts

Attached Thumbnails How do I replace the AUX jack in my 2010 FIT-80-tk64b3715a_7ec39c361efef6c611679cacf3cba3b79d6acbf6.gif  
Old 10-10-2020, 11:28 AM
2010 Fit Sport aux input without Navigation system

Originally Posted by ezone
For 09 and 10 I found "JACK ASSY., AUX IN.", Honda part # 39112-TA0-003

Item #1 in this diagram

Catalog link: Honda Automotive Parts
Hi All! New guy here with a question... follow on ...to the above (OP) question.
This is a great graphic for the FIT with navigation, but can anyone provide a graphic for the version without the navigation system? I guess it's referenced as B-16-10 in the above graphic, but I don't know how I would get access to that. I did find a great YouTube video on how to pull out the Audio system for this version of the fit dashboard in case anyone else could benefit from it. Looks like it might be an easy replacement after that point, but wondering if anyone else who has dealt with it might have any useful advice on where to buy a replacement? Or maybe I just need to bend/clean the clips a bit? Did something like that with an old guitar once and it seemed to do the trick.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:03 PM
This might not be the answer you’re looking for, but I would just replace it. Replacements on Crutchfield.com are cheap, better than the stock stereo, and quiet easy to install yourself. They even sell the plastic stereo dash frame in silver or black so that your new stereo matches the dash seamlessly. Hope this helps!

Old 10-10-2020, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
I replaced stock head unit that had navigation after the Navi stopped working. Purchased an aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth, but the down side was USB port was not compatible. But I knew that prior to purchasing so if you go that route be aware of that. Purchased the replacement from Crutchfield.com and pretty straightforward to do.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by fit09
I replaced stock head unit that had navigation after the Navi stopped working. Purchased an aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth, but the down side was USB port was not compatible. But I knew that prior to purchasing so if you go that route be aware of that. Purchased the replacement from Crutchfield.com and pretty straightforward to do.
Originally Posted by BaySFit
This might not be the answer you’re looking for, but I would just replace it. Replacements on Crutchfield.com are cheap, better than the stock stereo, and quiet easy to install yourself. They even sell the plastic stereo dash frame in silver or black so that your new stereo matches the dash seamlessly. Hope this helps!
Hey, good answers. I'll check it out. Sometimes I have a tendency to lean towards being cheap, but if this is the way to go, I may just pull the trigger on a replacement.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a couple pics of my 2010 that I swapped my oem stereo for an Alpine from Crutchfield. It was super-easy...even for someone like me that had never done it before.
Also the Alpine unit has a front panel aux out jack.

Last edited by steve37; 10-12-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
This is unrelated but the low key flex with the 911 and Prelude. Color me slightly envious.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Red 05
This is unrelated but the low key flex with the 911 and Prelude. Color me slightly envious.

Thanks...that is a 84 Carrera...and above that (out of camera sight) on that lift is a black 78 SC with whale-tail. I have had both of them for over 20 years.
But my 'pride and joy' is the red 98 Prelude. I'm the original owner. It has 115K miles and looks like new yet. It's a m/t and I added a 75 hp Zex kit to it about 20 years back. Never seen any snow.
A very fun car to drive.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by steve37
Thanks...that is a 84 Carrera...and above that (out of camera sight) on that lift is a black 78 SC with whale-tail. I have had both of them for over 20 years.
But my 'pride and joy' is the red 98 Prelude. I'm the original owner. It has 115K miles and looks like new yet. It's a m/t and I added a 75 hp Zex kit to it about 20 years back. Never seen any snow.
A very fun car to drive.
I reckon if I could pick two cars to have forever that's what I'd do. Always wanted a white pearl Prelude, and I think I'd want an old '73 or '75 911, hardtop with no ducktail (however I love the '73 Carrera RS look).

Anyway, may the motoring Gods smile upon your travels.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Do you know what the part number is for the adapter cord? I'm assuming that's what your talking about..correct? I just got a Kenwood touch screen radio from Crutchfield. Actually got in the mail today!!! But, I have the navigation system on my 2009 Fit Sport and would like to retain both the USB in the glove box (for my wife's phone) and the 3.5mm aux port (for my iPod). Do you (or anyone reading this thread) know if they make adapter cords for the USB and aux ports so that you can still have the functionality with a new radio?

This is the back of the navigation system. The top port on the left is for the antenna (which I have an adapter for). The second and third ports are for the USB and the 3.5mm aux port. I'm looking for these specific adapters to make these work.

As you can see, no way to simply plug in the USB cord to the Kenwood USB output. Also, I came across this type of adapter cord on eBay, but it says it's for 2012 and up Honda vehicles. Has anyone used this type of adapter??

I think it would be awesome to retain the glove box mounted USB that comes with the Navigation system. It's really nicely done. I'd rather not just have a USB port dangling in the footwell from the new Kenwood radio. Surely somebody has an adapter to continue to use the factory USB port.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:09 AM
I got a Kenwood double din radio from Crutchfield also. Is there an adapter for the stock USB port in the glove box and aux port in the lower center console??

Old 10-15-2020, 01:21 PM
Thanks for asking that question. My goal was to fix a loose AUX port. I could do without the AUX if I have BT included, but I'd like the USB to stay operational in the glove box.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by dacart
Thanks for asking that question. My goal was to fix a loose AUX port. I could do without the AUX if I have BT included, but I'd like the USB to stay operational in the glove box.
Agreed! The USB in the glove box is a really nice feature, and very clean! I would think somebody has to make an adapter for that!