2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mods and fixes for 2012 Honda Fit Sport (USDM, GE8)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Mods and fixes for 2012 Honda Fit Sport (USDM, GE8)

Hello fit, jazz, honda and car lovers alike!

I rarely post stuff on forums and I wanted to see if there is anyone out there willing to help me answer these questions that I have. More help is always welcome

Just as the title says. I am the original owner of 2012 Honda Fit Sport (usdm, ge8)

A) I am looking to get projector headlights for my car but it sees like a dead end search for me..I've tried to contact Mars directly but they said..they tested a their projector for a 12 and it doesn't seem to fit and they are unwilling to sell to me because of fitment issue..

I've gone through the threads on here and verified with the honda dealership about the 2011 vs 2012 headlights. They are both the same housing, tabs, connectors and prongs. The only difference is..the oem number are not the same..

Is there any other aftermarket companies that sell projector headlights for my year?

B) What are best HID kits I could get for my headlights and (yellow) foglights? I looking for something that will last me a long time and will not melt the housing of both lamps. So I am looking for the top and trusted brands in the market.

C) How do you stop the flickering of my oem passenger side headlight? I've had 12w led kit installed..after it was flickering. My mechanic warranty the kit and then installed a 8w led kit. However, it didn't fix the problem..it eventually still had the same problem. Is it because the alternator is to small or weak? Do I need the change the belts?

D) What is the best exhaust/cat back to get? I am looking for the top and trusted brands in the market.

E) What is the best intake to get? I am looking for the top and trusted brands in the market.

What else should I do to modify my car? I've changed my...

-taillights.
-led: dome light, license plate light, lift gate light, cup holder light and I have the illuminating lights (is there a way I could get a brighter blue led light?).
-carbon hood.
-carbon diffuser.
-carbon lip.
-carbon mugen style spoiler.
-carbon b piller trim.
-carbon meter visor.
-carbon vent rings.
-carbon all four door switch.
-jdm mugen floor mats.
-oem all weather floor mats.
-mugen style window visors.
-all black rims.
-brambo rotators grade C.

Honestly, all I am doing for my car is making it a show car. So I am not doing any engine modifications (i.e. no turbo).

-Jon

Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
I put a civic sized battery in my fit and that took out the light flicker for the most part. I assume you are reffering to the flicker that happens when the A/c cycles or fan kicks on?

Old 05-05-2016, 03:04 AM
That sounds like a good idea but the problem is..the flickering is caused by my "DRL" (which the icon symbol is solid). When I...

don't have the headlights turned on / the passenger drl light is flickering (with or without ac being turned on).

do have the headlights turned on / there is no flickering at all (with or without ac being on)

Google and the forum here is saying that..the fit has a small alternator..which doesn't produce enough power for the headlights to sustain its constant energy..some are saying it might need a belt change.

What do you think? And thanks for your reply

Old 05-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
pull the drl fuse.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Definitely agree. DRL simply runs the headlights at a lower voltage, so they are weaker than night headlights. But halogen DRLs just have that nasty, sick-looking yellow cast that makes me want to puke. DRL fuse removed. Then installed LED headlights, had to try several, but now have OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs H4's which have a very good beam and nice white light. Good fans and heatsinks, much better than earlier junk I tried, which eventually quit.

Old 08-13-2019, 11:50 PM
I’m looking to turning my 2011 ge8 (USDM) into a car show myself . But don’t know where to start . Any pointers you can share on where to shop ?? Do you have a picture of your car ?

Old 08-14-2019, 09:56 AM
I would just retrofit your existing headlights into a HID projector such as I have done. Way better light output and cheaper than a set of aftermarket lights that will have inferior output. These headlights are easy to open compared to newer vehicles.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2011HondaFit
I’m looking to turning my 2011 ge8 (USDM) into a car show myself . But don’t know where to start . Any pointers you can share on where to shop ?? Do you have a picture of your car ?
Hello, this is my car, if you like some of the modifications I made that might inspire for your show car project, you can search on my post at this forum. I wrote DIY for almost all of my modifications (and source where I buy those parts too).
Good luck with your project.