2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Recall Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:08 AM
I also heard there is an issue with the passenger side too as far as safety, which makes sense. I just went in yesterday for my 3rd month of loaner renew of my 2015 Fit as my 2009 is sitting in my garage on airbag recall duty. The lady said their are more issues as in passenger side and liability they just received.

I don't know if she was talking about what you just posted and she repeated it wrong to me. But really, I have people ride in my car for work because I deliver stuff with the back seats down so I don't want to give back this loaner till I ALSO get my passenger bag replaced too. If they call for me to bring my car in I want to say yes I will bring it in to get the driver side , but then it is going right back into the garage until I get a passenger side replacement too.

Honda is steadily knocking off replacements because they have a full line of customer cars at Best Buys corporate headquarters parking lot that is next to the hwy I go to work on and there are less and less cars there with spaces opening up daily.

Since you work at a Honda dealer, what have you heard about Honda having to replace BOTH before I HAVE to take back possession. I want both bags replaced because my passenger is just as at risk of getting shrapnel and death as the drive bag can do.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
I saw that the 07-11 is only listed in the most recent recall, which seems very strange.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
i got mine in the mail and parked the car. waiting on parts without the rental. i hate rentals...

Old 07-05-2016, 03:38 PM
I got my notice in the mail, though I read about the recall earlier this year. So far it looks like it's just the driver-side bag that affects my 2013 vehicle.

I thought about getting a rental, but I'd have to park the vehicle on the street and I hate worrying about getting charged for dings in parking lots, etc. Yeah, I'm a worrier, dammit. I'm also not a fan of Enterprise (my dealer's go-to rental company) based on a couple of sour experiences. To my Honda dealer's credit, the service manager will keep my service call open in the same category as those who opted for rentals. I'm not sure if there are any practical differences in service call categories though.

I'm commuting on my nice carbon fiber bicycle and driving my Fit as little as possible (weekly groceries). I'm already a light driver, as my odometer shows less than 15k miles for a vehicle that's 30 months old. Traveling overseas has its perks sometimes.

Riding a bike in Austin in mid-summer is brutal though.

In spite of the hassle, I still love my Fit.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Phoned my local Dealer and they ordered the airbag replacement, quoting 3 to 4 weeks. I'm driving it in the interim. Amongst things to worry about, this one is way down on my list.

Learned today that airbags in North America are engineered with the assumption that occupants are not wearing seatbelts. They're larger, heavier and more powerful than those in Europe, which are designed with the assumption that occupants are belted in. I've been driving for 40+ Years (in the U.S.) and would never drive without a seatbelt and my family abides by the same habit. Why some people choose to ignore the best and most primary protection in a collision is a mystery to me.

Last edited by Alco RS-1; 07-06-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alco RS-1

Learned today that airbags in North America are engineered with the assumption that occupants are not wearing seatbelts. They're larger, heavier and more powerful than those in Europe, which are designed with the assumption that occupants are belted in. I've been driving for 40+ Years (in the U.S.) and would never drive without a seatbelt and my family abides by the same habit. Why some people choose to ignore the best and most primary protection in a collision is a mystery to me.
another reason the states, europe and asia should get together and come up with a world wide standard on safety and emission requirements for automobiles. some cool cars in those markets we can't get. some silly requirements in all three markets.

most people i know think putting on a seat belt is as automatic as turning the key to start the engine. of course there are exceptions, guy i work with has four seat belt tickets. another friend refuses to wear them because they are uncomfortable, even after she was hit, flew into the rear view mirror and her head split open, she still doesn't wear them ?? amazes and baffles me

Old 07-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Woo-hoo! My dealer called and my repair kit is ready to be installed. Bringing in the Fit tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
I received the recall notice from Honda this past Monday. Called the dealer and was told no parts available. Appointment schedule will be made when replacement part arrive.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:49 AM
yeah I am now on Day 76 of rental car waiting for parts.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
I got a loaner for the first recall, and that was OK (Nissan Versa Note) but now I just got a letter today about the passenger side

Old 07-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator
i got a call my parts are in two days ago. unfortunately can't get them installed until 8/1.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joshfit
I got a loaner for the first recall, and that was OK (Nissan Versa Note) but now I just got a letter today about the passenger side
Ditto! Rec'd my passenger side notice today. I'm in Freakmont (Fremont) so possibly these are done by region....>?

Old 07-26-2016, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
I just had the drivers airbag fixed at the end of June after being in a rental for 5 weeks. Last week we received two recalls for the passenger side air bag, one for my 2010 Fit and one for my wife's 2010 Civic. It would have been nice if I had to take the Fit in only once for both air bag recalls. Working with Honda America for one rental car.

Last edited by TomFit; 07-26-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I am going in today to re-up my rental agreement. Day 83. take your time Honda, this is great!

Old 07-29-2016, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Still waiting on American Honda

I called American Honda on Tuesday about getting one rental car since both of our Honda's are affected by the passenger side airbag. I explained to them that we are having to take 2 cars for many trips since our family and dog don't fit too well without the use of the passenger seat.

I hadn't heard back since then so I called again today and they said they are overwhelmed with calls and that I should get a call back "soon." I stated we have a trip to Dallas in a week and that it would be an inconvenience to have to take two cars. Then the rep I was speaking to suggested I contact more Honda dealers to see if they might already have the parts or could possibly get them sooner. I said I already contacted my dealer and the parts are already ordered. I kindly suggested that this should be their job and not mine.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:39 PM
I am currently on a rental car from Honda dealer for more than a month now and suddenly the dealer called and said that the case number i gave them is not valid. So they said to call American Honda again and ask for another case number so they can give me a new rental for the passenger airbag.
And they want the rental back so I have to use the Fit again for now.
Hopefully they can give me another case number soon.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:16 AM
That is strange. I got a case number just in case I had issues getting a rental from my local dealership. Unless they cross referenced my vin or something I never gave them my case number and I have been in a rental for 86 days now

Old 07-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Picked up my car this week. Battery died while my car was sitting for 1 month so I had to get buy a new battery from the dealership...Otherwise it went smoothly and I am glad to be back driving my Fit. Anyone know if Honda will re-imburse the cost of the battery?

Old 07-31-2016, 04:44 PM
They better reimburse you! I just bought a battery before it was sitting now for 87 days. Anything that is wrong (aka tube rot) should be their responsiblity.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by TomFit
I called American Honda on Tuesday about getting one rental car since both of our Honda's are affected by the passenger side airbag. I explained to them that we are having to take 2 cars for many trips since our family and dog don't fit too well without the use of the passenger seat.

I hadn't heard back since then so I called again today and they said they are overwhelmed with calls and that I should get a call back "soon." I stated we have a trip to Dallas in a week and that it would be an inconvenience to have to take two cars. Then the rep I was speaking to suggested I contact more Honda dealers to see if they might already have the parts or could possibly get them sooner. I said I already contacted my dealer and the parts are already ordered. I kindly suggested that this should be their job and not mine.
Did American Honda called you back for your rental? Just wondering because I am waiting too to hear from them.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall Roll Call!