2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

USB thumb drive question

Old 05-13-2016, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
USB thumb drive question

I have a 2011 Honda Fit Sport. Is there any way I can navigate through embedded files? Meaning, if I have two folder for different discographies, can I navigate back and forth rather than the Fit just reading the folders with music in them and putting them in a row.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Assuming this is the non-navigation model (I'm not familiar with the radio in the nav unit), I think it does group them by folder; at least, my '12 base does. You can press the button in the knob to choose a folder, then press it again and use the knob to choose a file within the folder. Likewise, the up and down arrows will skip by a folder while it's playing.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, I didn't know about pressing the button which is something I can live with. That helps me out a lot.

What I was asking for though was, lets say, I have a Falco, Justin Timberlake, and Modern Talking discography folders. Then within those folders I have folders for each album. Is there a way for me to navigate by the discography folder?

Old 05-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sonnington
Thanks, I didn't know about pressing the button which is something I can live with. That helps me out a lot.

What I was asking for though was, lets say, I have a Falco, Justin Timberlake, and Modern Talking discography folders. Then within those folders I have folders for each album. Is there a way for me to navigate by the discography folder?
You can make folders if this is what youre asking but i need to know if youre using Windows. If no, I cant help but if yes, I have all my folders by genre on my 13' navi.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
You can make folders if this is what youre asking but i need to know if youre using Windows. If no, I cant help but if yes, I have all my folders by genre on my 13' navi.
Yes, I have windows, but I don't have a navigation system.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by Sonnington

I don't think so. It only goes by the folders that actually contain the MP3s (or AACs), and ignores the nesting within parent folders. It also presents the files and folders based on their physical location in the directory on the disk, which means that if you delete or move any files you tend to get new stuff added to random spots in the middle of the list.

I've taken to reformatting the flash drive and copying the files and folders in alphabetical order with a little script from a master copy on my computer. (I've also had a very occasional problem where the directory on the flash drive gets corrupted by the radio, and this makes it relatively painless to recover from that. The problems with that could just be my flash drive, not the fault of the radio. At any rate, reformatting and recopying obviously fixes that.)

The interface for playback from USB is rather on the basic side, but it sure is more convenient than carrying around a pile of CDs.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:15 AM
You can alphabetically sort folders using DriveSort.

Anerty's Lair - DriveSort