2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Factory Takeoff Rims that Fit the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Honda Factory Takeoff Rims that Fit the Fit?

Are there any honda OEM takeoff rims that would work on this generation fit, in a +1 for 17"?

I'm having this insane desire to get a Fit from this series, and put the nuttiest michelin pilots on it I can...

A) Tell me why I'm an idiot. A 41 year-old with a kid who is a complete idiot.
B) Tell me what rims might fit?
C) Tell me how much there might be as to handling and ride impacts that I'm not even thinking about yet...

Thanks all...

Sorry also if there's a sticky, I was searching without much specific luck.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by superslomo
Are there any honda OEM takeoff rims that would work on this generation fit, in a +1 for 17"?
I'm having this insane desire to get a Fit from this series, and put the nuttiest michelin pilots on it I can...
A) Tell me why I'm an idiot. A 41 year-old with a kid who is a complete idiot.
B) Tell me what rims might fit?
C) Tell me how much there might be as to handling and ride impacts that I'm not even thinking about yet...
Thanks all...
Sorry also if there's a sticky, I was searching without much specific luck.
Hello,
I don't think there is any Honda OEM 17in wheel with 4x100pcd available.
I am interested in your plan to put nuttiest Michelin Pilot,

My question to you:
Do you plan to put Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2?
Cause I think that is the nuttiest one

At this moment I only use Michelin Pilot Super Sport but I am really curious how a Sport Cup 2 will feel like with our Honda Fit GE...

by the way,
a.
I am a 43 years old with 2 sons, so if you think you are a complete idiot, well you are not alone

b.
I only use 18in rim since I upgrade my rim, so if you willing to consider 18in than here is my experience:
First I bought OZ racing Superturismo GT 18x7 et42 with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 225/40/ZR18 but I need larger wheel to accommodate my Brembo 6 piston caliper so I upgrade to
BBS (FORGED) RF-509 18x7.5 et 48 and 15mm spacer, still Michelin Pilot Super Sport but smaller size 215/40/ZR18...
Both wheel/tire combo above require rolling and slightly pulled fender to fit...

c.
You definitely need to upgrade your full suspension, otherwise, the larger tire/wheel combo will overwhelm your suspension...
even if you go to 17in only but get sticky Michelin, you will need to upgrade your suspension.
I recommend:
1. Bilstein Coil Over (I use to have Bilstein before I upgrade to Ohlins)
2. Front Spoon Sway Bar
3. Rear Progress Rear Sway Bar
I guarantee the 3 suspension upgrade above combine with wheel and sticky Michelin tire upgrade, will make your car handle way way way better.

Right now,
I am thinking of raising my suspension about 1cm higher,
get 13mm spacer, get 225/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport or if I decide to go crazy (meaning if somehow I am lucky and get an even better paying job) I will buy Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2...
215/40ZR18 had plenty of grip, I corner hard and the tire never squeall...
but, I still can feel the 225/40ZR18 had even much more grip plus ride
a bit better (4mm thicker side wall)
in order to fit a 225/40ZR18,
I need to raise the suspension a bit and get 12mm spacer, otherwise, no way I can fit a 225/40ZR18 because at this moment a 215/40ZR18 very slightly rub on big bump at the front fender...

by the way, I personally think 18in looks perfect on the Honda Fit GE,...
I know lot's of people think 18in is too big, but not in real world...
and it's best if you get the Lightest 18in wheel though...
My BBS RF-509 (Forged) and Michelin tire combo is only very slightly heavier than stock 16in from factory... I think currently BBS RF-509 is the lightest 18x7.5in wheel with 4x100 PCD available on the market...
it is originally developed for Mini Cooper...

BBS RF (Forged) also come in 17in size...

Here is picture of my car for your reference:
With BBS RF-509 18x7.5 et48 and Michelin Pilot Super Sport 215/40ZR18 (15mm spacer)

Previously with OZ Racing Superturismo GT 18x7 et42 and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40ZR18:

Attached Thumbnails Honda Factory Takeoff Rims that Fit the Fit?-80-img_2111_c1546ef8038f5e04275883b0c5fb7a568eb2da17.jpg   Honda Factory Takeoff Rims that Fit the Fit?-80-dsc09240_719265cf52dc770a11b42579170b8951501f5ac1.jpg  

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 12-19-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:10 AM
I had thought about the 17's with pilot super sports... I do enough real-world driving that I don't want the lower profile to ensure I just get flats constantly, but I wanted to have better than the relatively mediocre offerings in the standard sizes... Though it seems like the prior, middle gen cars have better tirerack options than the new version.

Do you find you had a lot of flats on those aggressive setups? I would just worry that I'd be courting disaster... I would think about suspension changes, but I really don't want a lowered car anymore, it was fun when I was 22, but it was a little exhausting always worrying about scraping the oil pan on a tic-tac when I was driving, and that was with relatively non-aggressive eibachs at the time on my then pride and joy Accord.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Since I upgrade to 18in with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 2013, I NEVER have any flat tire, I do have one nail puncture it, but it never leak air... I happened to found out about it while I am washing my car and see the nail embedded in the tire, I fixed the puncture myself and never have any leak.

The Bilstein suspension is height adjustable, you can stay at factory height or lower it mildly. I don't have any problem with scraping because I don't go low anyway.
The Bilstein suspension had higher spring rate and much better damping than the stock one, you would actually feel better riding on the Bilstein.
If I am not mistaken, you haven't bought the car yet, right?
try driving it in stock configuration once you buy it, and then upgrade the wheel and you will see how it need suspension upgrade.

Anther thing is, an 18in wheel with 225/40ZR18 is TALLER then stock tire, so it also help with the road clearance even if you lower the suspension,
plus you don't have to lower it much to get rid of the fender gap since the tire/wheel is tire and it already fill a bit of the fender gap anyway.