OEM Fog Light Lens Removal - Internal Lamp Shield - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member

OEM Fog Light Lens Removal - Internal Lamp Shield

Recently had the fog lights off the 2011 Sport to install 4300K - yellow LED H10 replacements. I noticed that there is a wrap-around metal shield that the H10 lamp slides into when installed, which only allows the top half of the lamp's light to hit the reflector. I guess it's to give the resulting beam's strength a bias to the middle and down on to the road way, which is desirable. That is OK with a halogen lamp which radiates light 360 deg but LED has a defined arrangement of LED points and a majority of them may end up being shielded.

The shield is screwed into a post internal to the light housing and the only way to remove / modify would be to split open the light's housing by removing the clear lens. Seems like it has a gasket or even glue.

Just wondering if anyone successfully split one open and would share their technique. I think I could pull / break off the shielding with long-nose pliers but it is my desire to fine-tune the shield so 3 of the four rows of LED points are unshielded.

As you can see in the pics, functional fog lights (powerful yellow color range) are desirable. Lots of deer around here too.

Last edited by spike55_bmw; 01-18-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member

Ok. Seems from a "Black vs Silver" headlight thread, you "bake" the light to soften the glue holding the lens on the bucket. Then pull apart / modify / glue back together.