2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How much do you think this 2011 Fit is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
How much do you think this 2011 Fit is worth?

I check it out in person today 2011 fit sport 86k miles. Condition is not great (see pictures). Drives good though, need tires. DVD navigation (error) doesn't work. Blower needs replacement, steering wheel leather wrap worn. Arm rest worn. Back seat cigarette hole. Driver side doors was swiped in accident and fixed.

images here - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Old 01-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Im not sure where you're located, but i dont have anything wrong with my 2010 Fit Sport, same color as that one, and less milege and id like to sell it.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
I think it looks pretty rough for 86 K miles, which makes me believe 2 possible scenarios:

1) the 86K miles are pretty much all short trips and city driving, in which case the wear and tear to all the cars' power-train and all components is much higher, almost double that of a car with 86K highway miles...so kinda like having 172K miles.

2) maybe someone rolled the odometer back to hide the true higher mileage.

Now I've got to admit that my 2013 Fit's exterior has all sorts of little dings in the paint and small dents in the sheet metal from road debris like pebbles or salt chunks. So the shell and the paint are a weakness point on all Fits and you just gotta take care of them after they happen.

However the inside of the Fit in your photos is definitely worn out badly. My 1998 Chrysler Intrepid with 170 K miles had similar or less interior wear, so something looks fishy with that one.
I'd walk away, unless it's a great deal. I wouldn't pay anything over $5,000 USD for that one, just because it looks abused and not really cared for... plus the list of deficiencies to be fixed.

You said it drives fine, but there's a chance the auto transmission will crap out on you in the near future based on all the other details of that car. You should also check the oil dip-stick and inside the oil cap -> can you see any burnt oil, sludge or tarnish? WALK AWAY!! Do the same with the transmission fluid dip stick. If it's got nasty dark trans oil, or any tarnish on the dip-stick, WALK AWAY!!

I got a used 2013 Fit in 2015 for about $10,000 at 24 K miles. Mine was involved in accident and then repaired, otherwise would have been at least a couple grand more.

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 01-23-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
That makes sense more interior wear probably means more short trips and less care for the car. He does have records for oil changes and to be honest there's not much maintenance needed on the fit besides engine and trans oil, both checks ok. My 07 fit has about 180k and looks a lot better interior and I've really only had to change oils and park plugs and still runs great. Thanks I wont be paying more than 5k.

Originally Posted by Andrei_ierdnA
I think it looks pretty rough for 86 K miles, which makes me believe 2 possible scenarios:

1) the 86K miles are pretty much all short trips and city driving, in which case the wear and tear to all the cars' power-train and all components is much higher, almost double that of a car with 86K highway miles...so kinda like having 172K miles.

2) maybe someone rolled the odometer back to hide the true higher mileage.

Now I've got to admit that my 2013 Fit's exterior has all sorts of little dings in the paint and small dents in the sheet metal from road debris like pebbles or salt chunks. So the shell and the paint are a weakness point on all Fits and you just gotta take care of them after they happen.

However the inside of the Fit in your photos is definitely worn out badly. My 1998 Chrysler Intrepid with 170 K miles had similar or less interior wear, so something looks fishy with that one.
I'd walk away, unless it's a great deal. I wouldn't pay anything over $5,000 USD for that one, just because it looks abused and not really cared for... plus the list of deficiencies to be fixed.

You said it drives fine, but there's a chance the auto transmission will crap out on you in the near future based on all the other details of that car. You should also check the oil dip-stick and inside the oil cap -> can you see any burnt oil, sludge or tarnish? WALK AWAY!! Do the same with the transmission fluid dip stick. If it's got nasty dark trans oil, or any tarnish on the dip-stick, WALK AWAY!!

I got a used 2013 Fit in 2015 for about $10,000 at 24 K miles. Mine was involved in accident and then repaired, otherwise would have been at least a couple grand more.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Cigarette burns on the seat?!? Unless you too are a smoker, I'd avoid this one. I bought a car once from a smoker and it was a B***h to get the interior clean and reduce the odor.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, that fit is in bad shape. I'd avoid this one too regardless of the price.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mxl180
That makes sense more interior wear probably means more short trips and less care for the car. He does have records for oil changes and to be honest there's not much maintenance needed on the fit besides engine and trans oil, both checks ok. My 07 fit has about 180k and looks a lot better interior and I've really only had to change oils and park plugs and still runs great. Thanks I wont be paying more than 5k.
That's awesome, at least the engine & transmission are good then.
Any records on the other fluid changes: coolant and break fluid ?
I think the general rule of thumb is coolant changed every 3-4 years and break fluid recommended at 2-3 years due to ABS components being very expensive to replace if corroded/damaged.
Generally speaking flushing is bad as can lead to all sorts of problems; simple drain of old fluids and replace with new is better & safer.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:06 PM
That is beat up. My 2009 has 90k miles and a fair number of small dings and scratches on the exterior. Let's face it you breath on a Fit and it dents and paint scratches. However I am of the opinion it is a tool not a jewel and focus on keeping it mechanically maintained. However, that car looks abused from the condition on the interior.