2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Couple Interesting Fuse Locations (DRL and ABS/VSA)

Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Couple Interesting Fuse Locations (DRL and ABS/VSA)

Was perusing the '09 manual and noticed two things of possible interest...

The interior fuse box location 15 should be the 7.5 amp fuse for the Daytime Running Lights which appears to be DRL only and nothing else.

Also on the inside box, position 11 is a 7.5 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* (* = if equipped), position 37 is a 30 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* FSR, and in the engine compartment fuse box position 58 is another 30 amp fuse for ABS/VSA* motor.

So it would appear that regardless of whether the car is VSA-equipped or not, the same power circuits and fuse ratings are used. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's all the same components in VSA and non-VSA cars, but I'm still hoping we can determine what pieces are missing from the non-NAV/VSA cars (VSA computer, yaw sensors (possibly in VSA computer module?), steering angle sensor, ...) such that VSA might be able to be added to a non-NAV Fit.

Last edited by txmatt; 09-09-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by txmatt
Was perusing the '09 manual and noticed two things of possible interest...

The interior fuse box location 15 should be the 7.5 amp fuse for the Daytime Running Lights which appears to be DRL only and nothing else.

Also on the inside box, position 11 is a 7.5 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* (* = if equipped), position 37 is a 30 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* FSR, and in the engine compartment fuse box position 58 is another 30 amp fuse for ABS/VSA* motor.

So it would appear that regardless of whether the car is VSA-equipped or not, the same power circuits and fuse ratings are used. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's all the same components in VSA and non-VSA cars, but I'm still hoping we can determine what pieces are missing from the non-NAV/VSA cars (VSA computer, yaw sensors (possibly in VSA computer module?), steering angle sensor, ...) such that VSA might be able to be added to a non-NAV Fit.
I am also interested in the possibility of adding VSA to my Fit. I bought the Sport model because the original Honda Fit website listed VSA as standard equipment on the Sport. I didn't find out otherwise till I had already ordered and put a large down payment on mine. If you find out anything about adding VSA I would appreciate you letting me know.