Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > 2nd Generation (GE 08-present)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-present) The New Fit... Generation specific talk and questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 AM

txmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to livetxmatt relies on Rep Points to live
Couple Interesting Fuse Locations (DRL and ABS/VSA)

Was perusing the '09 manual and noticed two things of possible interest...

The interior fuse box location 15 should be the 7.5 amp fuse for the Daytime Running Lights which appears to be DRL only and nothing else.

Also on the inside box, position 11 is a 7.5 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* (* = if equipped), position 37 is a 30 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* FSR, and in the engine compartment fuse box position 58 is another 30 amp fuse for ABS/VSA* motor.

So it would appear that regardless of whether the car is VSA-equipped or not, the same power circuits and fuse ratings are used. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's all the same components in VSA and non-VSA cars, but I'm still hoping we can determine what pieces are missing from the non-NAV/VSA cars (VSA computer, yaw sensors (possibly in VSA computer module?), steering angle sensor, ...) such that VSA might be able to be added to a non-NAV Fit.

Last edited by txmatt; 09-09-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member

payfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to livepayfitter relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Level up: 2%, 49 Points needed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmatt View Post
Was perusing the '09 manual and noticed two things of possible interest...

The interior fuse box location 15 should be the 7.5 amp fuse for the Daytime Running Lights which appears to be DRL only and nothing else.

Also on the inside box, position 11 is a 7.5 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* (* = if equipped), position 37 is a 30 amp fuse labelled ABS/VSA* FSR, and in the engine compartment fuse box position 58 is another 30 amp fuse for ABS/VSA* motor.

So it would appear that regardless of whether the car is VSA-equipped or not, the same power circuits and fuse ratings are used. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's all the same components in VSA and non-VSA cars, but I'm still hoping we can determine what pieces are missing from the non-NAV/VSA cars (VSA computer, yaw sensors (possibly in VSA computer module?), steering angle sensor, ...) such that VSA might be able to be added to a non-NAV Fit.
I am also interested in the possibility of adding VSA to my Fit. I bought the Sport model because the original Honda Fit website listed VSA as standard equipment on the Sport. I didn't find out otherwise till I had already ordered and put a large down payment on mine. If you find out anything about adding VSA I would appreciate you letting me know.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:51 PM