2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Manual Fog light Operation

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
BUmp!!! i need this to

Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by hello_you1
Fixed it thanks you guys
What did you find? or do?

I did the exact same cut, splice, and solder of the green and gray wire and it acts like I did nothing at all!?!?!?

Old 10-16-2013, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by everett23
What did you find? or do?

I did the exact same cut, splice, and solder of the green and gray wire and it acts like I did nothing at all!?!?!?
Did you do the relay portion as well? My addition doesn't change anything by itself. The relay still needs to have the diode short to the switch in order to override ECM's grounding control.

Also make sure you splice on the correct end of the cut.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Zalthras
Did you do the relay portion as well? My addition doesn't change anything by itself. The relay still needs to have the diode short to the switch in order to override ECM's grounding control.

Also make sure you splice on the correct end of the cut.
I must have missed the pictures on the relay and diode short.
Do you have a full DIY I could follow? And my solder job is exactly like your photo shows.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by everett23
I must have missed the pictures on the relay and diode short.
Do you have a full DIY I could follow? And my solder job is exactly like your photo shows.
Try using the modified wiring diagram I posted.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/764482-post39.html

The first part of the mod is to wire in a diode from one of the control terminals on the Fog Relay to the lightstalk's switch wire. Where and how you choose to do this is entirely up to you. Roger's mod had a wire going up the steering column, whereas I chose to do it all on the back side of the Fuse Box, but that required disconnecting everything on the fuse box first to flip it over.

If you have questions let me know.

I have been considering writing up a new DIY for this mod since I get PMs twice a month asking and the OP's (Roger) content seems to be forever lost. Although lately I haven't had much free time either with a new addition to my family. Maybe one of these days......

Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM
I hate to bump this, but im retarded and don't want to screw anything up. Does any one have pictures of what to do? I dont really care how they come on, nor do I care if I get a chime.. I just want parking lights and fogs. Is it as simple as cutting the green and grey wire, then tapping the grey into the green like its shown in the last picture in this post https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/764482-post39.html ????

Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
same here

Interested as well but want something reliable and dont want it to affect other electronics.

For example I purchased some LED door sills that required me to tap and I tapped the ambient light kit....eventually the door sills died.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:28 PM
You will still have to install a one-way diode in between the light blue colored fog light relay wire and the green colored fog light switch wire.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlowFit13
I hate to bump this, but im retarded and don't want to screw anything up. Does any one have pictures of what to do? I dont really care how they come on, nor do I care if I get a chime.. I just want parking lights and fogs. Is it as simple as cutting the green and grey wire, then tapping the grey into the green like its shown in the last picture in this post https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/764482-post39.html ????
Afaik... that's the pt.2 of this mod. Which is really so you don't forget to turn off the fogs. Roger's Fit original mod just made the fogs independent, but you'd have to remember to turn them off or else you'll drain your battery.

It's been so long since I've done this mod, I can't recall which locations got tapped, but for the 1st part of this mod (the ind fog part), there is no cutting of any wires. It's a quick 5 minute mod (once you've soldered the diode on to the wires). It's just adding a wire from one location to another with a diode in between. I'm pretty sure I still got an extra diode, since the pack I bought from Radio Shack came with 2 in it.

If I ever make it out to one of those NJ Sonic meets, I can show the area owners.... Or once I'm done with some projects around the house I will eventually get to installing my JDM mods, and will have those trim pieces out to take pics.

Funny thing is once I got this mod done, I used it all the time, then one of my fogs developed a hairline crack, and never used it since (probably reading all the theories about heat being the reason why it cracked in the first place).. I gotta get one of the Rock Auto glass lens replacements and see if those are better.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Personally, I don't understand the need to use the fog lamps independently anyway.

I only use them during times that I think they were intended for... rain, fog, snow... and the occasional dark neighborhood without street lights when turning.

However, in ALL those conditions, my regular headlights would be on anyway. I mean, your lights aren't just for you to see... but also for others to see you.

To me, it serves little to no purpose being on by itself. And yes, I have occasionally thought about having them independent, but for no reason other than "it would be cool".... There's a difference between "need" and "want/would like/it's cool"... but that's just me.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:19 AM
Question

Bringing a post back from the dead.
I have a 2012 Fit Sport and trying to get this done.

I believe I have the concept down.
If I understand it correctly,

Part I: To get Fog lights to work independently with fog light switch.

1) T-tap the lt/blue wire, by the Fog Light relay
2) T-Tap the green wire, by the headlight stalk
3) connect the wire between the two locations with a diode in the middle.
***Diodes are directional so make sure it is installed the correct way***
Robot Check Robot Check

This will get the fog light to work independently.

Part II: To get the lights on audible light notifier when door open.

1) disasemble headlight stalk
2) locate green and gray wires
3) cut gray wire
4) strip back green wire to solder gray wire to it

This will get the audible light notifier to work when fogs left on and door is open.

Could someone please tell me how or attach a picture of where I can locate the lt/blue wire to T-Tap for Part I?
I am good at following directions, at least I think so!

I tried to follow these directions but looks like it doesn't help.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins.../foglights.pdf

I will try to create a photo write up with parts link to help everyone else out if I can get it done.

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-15-2015, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TUFIT
Could someone please tell me how or attach a picture of where I can locate the lt/blue wire to T-Tap for Part I?
No prob, but you gotta wait till it gets a little warmer around here...
I'll post one up, unless some one else beats me to it... if I forget, remind me around spring time.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Someone please help! I really want this

Old 02-15-2015, 05:07 AM
Manuel fog light

Bump! Please, still want this

Old 02-16-2015, 09:43 PM
If you do get this to work please post pics! The original DIY has been down for quite some time.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:18 AM
Why won't any one help? Really want to have this

Old 07-01-2015, 11:35 PM
It is warm and 4th of July weekend.

Anyone willing to share pics or information?

Thanks!

Old 08-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Bump this! Did anyone get the DIY with Pics up? OP, can you fix the link please??

Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 AM
hate to bump this but...the links are down and i really want to do this ):

Old 06-25-2016, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Bump! Still no update on this thread eh? That's a shame. It's such a great idea, and it seemed fairly straight forward, even for a noob.

Quick Reply: Manual Fog light Operation