2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Remote Starter

Anyone install the Remote Starter for 2009 fit yet? Does it require dealer activation or is it plug ans play?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
From what I have read it requires dealer service to computer for it to work, but that is second hand info from a site where I found the part. Here is a link to a site that sells it and an FAQ.

Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine Factory Honda Accessories, made by Honda for your Honda.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/remotestart.pdf

Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
I have a compustar pro in mine.

i don't think anything is really plug and play....if your car is MT then you'll have to pay a little more for the computer chip to properly program your car so that it doesn't let you start it up if you've parked in gear. As far as anything extra, you'll need some sort of bypass (the installer should have it for you) to start the car without the immobilizer in your key (if i'm not mistaken...). If the installer says that they need your key, then chances are they're not that good, so I'd recommend not doing it with them. You shouldn't have to give up your key for it.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 AM
GE8
5 Year Member
M4psycho that is completely untrue about asking for a key. I install remote starts everyday for a living. The reason they ask for a key is becuase the key goes inside of the interface to bypass the immobilizer. There are other janky ways of doing this but any professional shop will not do it those ways. The key in the interface is the most effective and most reliable way to do the immobilizer bypass. There are other interfaces that dont require keys but they can and sometimes do fail. Either way it will work and will be completly functional. Also you can bypass the clutch instead of using a interface but it is unsafe and alot of places wont do it because people like to remote start their cars in gear and run them into things. I have a viper 5701 full alarm and remote start with a bypasskit xk01 interface in my 09 manual and have no problemsat all. As far as the factory ones go they do require the dealership to program them. I would not recommend them because they are really no good at all, the range is only a couple hundred feet and the price is very high. You can get a nice viper with 1000ft to a mile or more range for between $200 and $500. Compared to the $700 or $800 the dealer charges.

Last edited by GE8; 02-07-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8
M4psycho that is completely untrue about asking for a key. I install remote starts everyday for a living. The reason they ask for a key is becuase the key goes inside of the interface to bypass the immobilizer. There are other janky ways of doing this but any professional shop will not do it those ways. The key in the interface is the most effective and most reliable way to do the immobilizer bypass. There are other interfaces that dont require keys but they can and sometimes do fail. Either way it will work and will be completly functional. Also you can bypass the clutch instead of using a interface but it is unsafe and alot of places wont do it because people like to remote start their cars in gear and run them into things. I have a viper 5701 full alarm and remote start with a bypasskit xk01 interface in my 09 manual and have no problemsat all. As far as the factory ones go they do require the dealership to program them. I would not recommend them because they are really no good at all, the range is only a couple hundred feet and the price is very high. You can get a nice viper with 1000ft to a mile or more range for between $200 and $500. Compared to the $700 or $800 the dealer charges.
Can you reccomend a model to use, I have an automatic sport.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
GE8
5 Year Member
It really depends on what you are looking for (I.E. range, two way, alarm,etc.) I really like my viper 5701 full alarm and remote start with two way. Anything directed is usually good(viper, python,avital,clifford) I would recommend staying away from the lower end ones (hornet,boa,valet). Here is a link to their site, read up and decide what features and price would be right for you.

Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start

if you have any other questions just let me know!!!

Last edited by GE8; 02-08-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I would recommend anything made by Directed(viper, clifford, avital, valet, etc). It depends what you are looking for. Do you want just a remote starter or do you want an alarm/starter combo? Do you want it to just remote start your car or do you want it to unlock your doors as well? Your options are endless! Your best bet is to go to Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start | Home Theater | Satellite Radio | Car Audio & Video to see your option and what suits your needs. I have the new clifford 1.3x two-way remote start and love it.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
whao,
ge8 you just posted your comment as i was typing mine! haha!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 PM
GE8
5 Year Member
haha and they are almost the same too lol

Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
I just got my Clifford alarm with remote start and it is awesome!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello, I am new here, and I know I am digging up an older thread, (sorry)
but I cant seam to find the answer in searching... I am installing a remote start in an 2009 fit sport, and I cant find where the ECM is at...
now I have done quite a few remote start installs, but they have always been in Chevys...
Does honda use another name for the ECM?
again sorry guys I am kinda at a loss... I know I can figure it out in the end I am just hoping some one here that knows the cars better can give me a place to start

Old 03-21-2009, 09:19 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I have a compustar pro in mine.

i don't think anything is really plug and play....if your car is MT then you'll have to pay a little more for the computer chip to properly program your car so that it doesn't let you start it up if you've parked in gear. As far as anything extra, you'll need some sort of bypass (the installer should have it for you) to start the car without the immobilizer in your key (if i'm not mistaken...). If the installer says that they need your key, then chances are they're not that good, so I'd recommend not doing it with them. You shouldn't have to give up your key for it.

CompuStar FTW

Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 PM
where I am new I cant seam to edit my post... but I got my issue fixed, lol, viper 5901 installed and working great....