2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good V, that's actually pretty good idea with the red H.

How's the front end doing?

Weird to see sun in Vancouver

Old 04-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by cfran55
Where you located? I love seeing fits around I stay in west chicago and gurnee area

I got my 40$ speed sensor cable getting it installed Thursday can't wait to finally get rid of my abs light
Im in Grayslake!

Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Did a " bored af " mod earlier, Seen a EJ/EK hatch with grey/gunmetal fog light housing and i thought it looked sick. So i tried it on the fit ( plastidipped)

on a EK/EJ...

on my fit , had to redo the left side due to getting cold. I will post a full picture tomorrow when its all finished and with the fogs in.
(Before & After)

Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Nice mods guys...

Saw this April Fools(?) ad from Honda
The Fit Kit

How awesome would this be IRL?

Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Finally was able to install LED's in my front parking lights
Super Bright LED's 194na White LED

NOKYA ARCTIC WHITE STAGE 2 7000K Halogen & NOKYA HYPER YELLOW 2500K HALOGEN

Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by V_Fit
car still needs a facelift. waiting on a replacement JDP hood clearing customs... in the meanwhile Vancouver FINALLY got a stretch of sun in the forecast. cleaned up the fit, and did a little DIY mod:

*NEW* mod:

used reflective red 3M vinyl, then stuck the OEM Honda "H" badge back on w/ 3M tape.
I'm digging this, not a fan of the red emblems normally but this I would consider

Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator
Been in the garage for a couple of days now, spoiler-less at the moment(I kind of like it. Kind of.)

Removed the CF vinyl I had on the roof and top of the trunk and soon to be replaced by gloss black vinyl.
Fingers have blisters and knuckles have been skinned-- I wish I was pro at removing old sun-baked vinyl haha. All good though, no pain no gain.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator
Meow

Name:  6B3AFDE2-9062-4D80-AF51-EA159B28BF7A_zpsxzoh9ue2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  72.9 KB

Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
Been in the garage for a couple of days now, spoiler-less at the moment(I kind of like it. Kind of.)

Removed the CF vinyl I had on the roof and top of the trunk and soon to be replaced by gloss black vinyl.
Fingers have blisters and knuckles have been skinned-- I wish I was pro at removing old sun-baked vinyl haha. All good though, no pain no gain.

Nice can't wait to see the new look.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
Not really a mod, but my HID projector kit decided to die on me mid drive yesterday and not turn back on. Basically cant drive my car for a few days until I get either replacement ballasts, or more likely, a controller box. I was hoping the retrofit source would get back to me today, since I emailed them last night, but no luck.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
I thought about getting some mods, but reality set in: Tires are getting hopelessly worn. I guess its time to get some bolts for the R81s and some new tires.

Might try to find something goofy/interesting for it in Van this year when the company sends me there.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Looks good V, that's actually pretty good idea with the red H.

How's the front end doing?

Weird to see sun in Vancouver
Hey Conner! how goes it? coming down to Vancouver anytime soon???

yeah. i bought this reflective tape at Canadian Tire. tho i bought the same kinda 3M "Carbon Fiber" tape from them before and it bubbled like crazy. wasn't the 'breathable" kind so bubbled so bad i had to peel it off. :b
so hopefully this red tape works better, but so far so good..

front is still looking fugly. i was totally offering to just slap on stock hood and grill to the shop fixing my fit, but he (insurance repair shop) was set on getting everything replaced. (right down to even the eyelid vinyls!) downside is: because a lot of the parts are stateside there's a bit of a wait period. JDP doesn't have the vented hoods sitting in stock. they're made-to-order. so that's been the longest wait so far. funny they nixed the idea of all the work i put into my 'custom painted, mugen replica grill w/ emblems off ebay..." (all together prob didn't cost me more than $75 total) they decided to just give me a REAL Mugen Grill. ($350!) still begging them to get me the blacked out headlights... tho those are apparently $200 more a piece (x2) so icbc might not swing for it... (tho i hope they overlook it, just like the grill) lol..

Old 04-02-2014, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member

Heat gun makes pulling vinyl off 10x easier.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DA K Cudder
Not really a mod, but my HID projector kit decided to die on me mid drive yesterday and not turn back on. Basically cant drive my car for a few days until I get either replacement ballasts, or more likely, a controller box. I was hoping the retrofit source would get back to me today, since I emailed them last night, but no luck.
I feel your pain man, the same thing happened to me with my morimoto MC Box in January. In your case, it is most likely the control box that died. Unfortunately it's gunna take a long time for TRS to get back to you because they are swamped. Best course of action is to call them until they act.

In the meantime, if your area has any of those shops that sell PnP kits, I would go buy a temporary relay harness. It should fit right into the morimoto ballasts. This is what I had to use until TRS finally shipped out my replacement box just a couple days ago.. Won't cost a lot, I got my temporary harness for less than 20 bucks if you need any help with this I can help you out. I know how much it sucks to not have any headlights...

Originally Posted by V_Fit
Hey Conner! how goes it? coming down to Vancouver anytime soon???

yeah. i bought this reflective tape at Canadian Tire. tho i bought the same kinda 3M "Carbon Fiber" tape from them before and it bubbled like crazy. wasn't the 'breathable" kind so bubbled so bad i had to peel it off. :b
so hopefully this red tape works better, but so far so good..

front is still looking fugly. i was totally offering to just slap on stock hood and grill to the shop fixing my fit, but he (insurance repair shop) was set on getting everything replaced. (right down to even the eyelid vinyls!) downside is: because a lot of the parts are stateside there's a bit of a wait period. JDP doesn't have the vented hoods sitting in stock. they're made-to-order. so that's been the longest wait so far. funny they nixed the idea of all the work i put into my 'custom painted, mugen replica grill w/ emblems off ebay..." (all together prob didn't cost me more than $75 total) they decided to just give me a REAL Mugen Grill. ($350!) still begging them to get me the blacked out headlights... tho those are apparently $200 more a piece (x2) so icbc might not swing for it... (tho i hope they overlook it, just like the grill) lol..
Going well bro! I've got a big road trip planned for aug-sep, so I'll try to loop back around to van on my way up!

Nice, I'll go check that out next time I'm there. Definitely looks more unique than the regular red H!

Damn sounds like you have an awesome insurance guy! Did he even know you had a rep? What I thought the new black headlights are the same price? Looks like this actually worked out well for you in the long run, especially with the mugen grille, definitely worth the wait!

Look forward to seeing the finished result

Old 04-02-2014, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Here's my new 13 fits progress, just installed jdm tails.
Still need to put on my coilovers, visors, clazzios, short shift and wheels.

[IMG]Name:  yTrHTiT.png
Views: 15
Size:  640.8 KB[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Nice, that's going to look good but I thougt the CF vinyl looked good too!

Originally Posted by painterguy
Meow

Where are our full car pics? enough with the teasing!

Old 04-02-2014, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
After a busy (and expensive!) winter, the Fit is finally looking the way I wanted/hoped.

Including the brand new, OEM tails that came straight from Japan, and took forever to get here. Totally worth the wait, I LOVE these tails!

Other parts I picked up and installed this winter:
- Brand new OEM '12 sport headlights - gotta love the black housings!
- JDP CF duckbill spoiler and CF front lip
- OEM window visors
- K&N intake (I know, I know... I bought it mainly because it makes the FIt sound like a 'real' car now lol)
- Tanabe Touring Medallion exhaust
- H&R 15mm spacers for the rear, including new extended studs

Name:  ZbYzZkm.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  503 Bytes

Big thanks to inkster for the above pic, taken at a recent meet. A bit of rain didn't stop us lol

Just a quick cell pic. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I will try and get out and take some decent pics

Old 04-02-2014, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good!

What's your offset? Looks really good in the rear with the 15mm spacers.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
DIY Cargo Cover

Just got my Fit. Didn't get the cargo cover. Decided to make my own.

I found some thin, but rather sturdy chalkboard wood at Home Depot. It was perfect, because I had planned on painting it black, but with this I didn't need to.

The photos are a bit dark, but you get the idea.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Administrator
^Nice job on doing that yourself

Gorgeous setup lowered_klass!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?