2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
lowered and wheels

so got this 09 really did wanna do any mods with it, but how can you have a fit with no mods hard right. well i just want to add some wheels, but didnt really want all that gap like factory so wanted you guys input on what to do
should i go with 16' wheels and just do the 1" drop or do the 17" wheels with the 1"drop. i really only wanna do the 1" drop because dont wanna rough ride, but at same time scared 1" drop wont be enough.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Increasing the size of your wheels and going with lower profile tires will have greater effect on ride quality than lowering. You can lower your car on adjustable coilovers and go as soft or as hard as you want. Low doesn't necessarily mean poor ride. I've got koni coilovers on the car in my signature. It's pretty slammed and doesn't ride bad at all. When you take it to the track, you can stiffen it up beyond belief. Also, use more periods, commas, and other punctuation, that was painful to read.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
Increasing the size of your wheels and going with lower profile tires will have greater effect on ride quality than lowering. You can lower your car on adjustable coilovers and go as soft or as hard as you want. Low doesn't necessarily mean poor ride. I've got koni coilovers on the car in my signature. It's pretty slammed and doesn't ride bad at all. When you take it to the track, you can stiffen it up beyond belief. Also, use more periods, commas, and other punctuation, that was painful to read.
yeah sorry bout that was rushing out the door when typed it. dont really want to get into the coilover thing with this car, just simple and inexpensive.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by AtticusFit
yeah sorry bout that was rushing out the door when typed it. dont really want to get into the coilover thing with this car, just simple and inexpensive.
I hear ya. Simple and inexpensive usually translates to lower quality and harsher ride though.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
I hear ya. Simple and inexpensive usually translates to lower quality and harsher ride though.
yeah was just thinking of going with the tanabe springs, which seem to have a good ride, but was unsure bout the height.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

I disagree. lowering necessarily shortens the springs which makes them much stiffer, hence worse ride. when lowered the final ride height doesn't change much, just the 'normal' ride height is changed.
Tires with shorter section height ratios,(say 40 vs 60),does the same thing but usually not as bad. The stock springs still soak up a lot. If lowered and shorter section tires, ride is seriously reduced to those used to Detroit sofa boxes.