2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Something I missed in the Manual - Rear wiper

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Something I missed in the Manual - Rear wiper

so... It was raining here the other day... (cat's and dogs) and we were off to town for some errands. Front wipers were on due to the weather and I shifted in to Reverse (5MT). the rear wiper kicked on. I looked at the stalk and my rear wiper was not on so I shifted to neutral and sat there for 30 seconds... Nothing with the rear wiper... Shifted into reverse again and it kicked on.

A handy dandy little feature I missed. When you shift into reverse and the front wipers are on, the rear kicks on. I read the entire manual but I must have overlooked this little bit of info. P74 for those interested.

Thought this might be an FYI for someone like myself that missed it.

Now to add the variable intermittent wipers and steering wheel audio controls.

~SB

Old 10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the FYI but search next time, this has been covered in two or three threads.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
Thanks for the FYI but search next time, this has been covered in two or three threads.
Did... Not listed in the first few pages and any more than that is useless. And out of curiosity,you obviously knew this, so why are you thanking me for the fyi? (unless you just choose to use this as a guise to push the "Shoulda searchd campaign"...

With the amount of times the "Use search" comment is used on these threads, one would think everyone who had more than 30 posts would have seen that comment by now. And those that have been here for a while would think to look at someone's post count before posting "shoulda searched..."

140 posts isn't alot but... 140 posts over 2 months... I've seen (and I'm sure everyone who has about the same "stats" as me as far as length of time and posts has see the "search..." hundreds of time.

oh yeah... /rant

~SB

Old 10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
I'mma let you finish............but this topic has been covered many times!! All on first page of search:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...on-09-fit.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ear-wiper.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ngs-maybe.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tle-stuff.html

Last edited by reako; 10-26-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Don't take it too much to heart. It's all in the spirit of sharing info. Having only been here a few months myself, I consider most basic topics and info have been covered already so I temper what I post as a new thread. And this forum, more than any other I frequent, many times gets into three different subjects within one thread and that makes it hard to search stuff out. No one wants to search endless threads for the nugget their looking for. And therein lies the problem sometimes.

But yes, I noticed the back wiper thing too. It'll mean I have to pay close attention to the back windshield in the winter and keep it clear or else an automatically programmed feature could bust the wiper. That's why for the most part, I like functions to be optional, not automatic. And if they programmed a certain way, I like the option to change it to my preference. What I really miss is true intermittent wipers on the front. I can see this will be a little slice of hell all winter long.

Dan

Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
I looked forward to backing up in the rain today just to see this in action.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
Did... Not listed in the first few pages and any more than that is useless. And out of curiosity,you obviously knew this, so why are you thanking me for the fyi? (unless you just choose to use this as a guise to push the "Shoulda searchd campaign"...

oh yeah... /rant

~SB
I was trying to nicely tell you to search next time before the wolves pounced on you. Pretty much everything you find on your new car we already know about, hows that for being a jackass?

Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
I was trying to nicely tell you to search next time before the wolves pounced on you. Pretty much everything you find on your new car we already know about, hows that for being a jackass?
Pretty good, actually.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
What I really miss is true intermittent wipers on the front. I can see this will be a little slice of hell all winter long.

Dan
You could always install them yourself, there's a thread around here somewhere that details how, not sure how to find it tho,,,,,,

Old 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
I heard College Hills Honda was making a DIY video and kit to buy to install it without buying pieces from here and there.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, my GE has that but too bad my GD doesn't.

oh wellz.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
I have been following that thread and no, I would NOT be attempting that mod myself at this time. Wipers are too essential to possibly screw up and I'd screw it up. Attempting that mod is not for a newbie, imo.

Dan

Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Don't take it too much to heart. It's all in the spirit of sharing info. Having only been here a few months myself, I consider most basic topics and info have been covered already so I temper what I post as a new thread. And this forum, more than any other I frequent, many times gets into three different subjects within one thread and that makes it hard to search stuff out. No one wants to search endless threads for the nugget their looking for. And therein lies the problem sometimes.

But yes, I noticed the back wiper thing too. It'll mean I have to pay close attention to the back windshield in the winter and keep it clear or else an automatically programmed feature could bust the wiper. That's why for the most part, I like functions to be optional, not automatic. And if they programmed a certain way, I like the option to change it to my preference. What I really miss is true intermittent wipers on the front. I can see this will be a little slice of hell all winter long.

Dan
Nah, I don't take it to heart b/c honestly, I know there are people out there who want to be an ass about anything. It takes all types to make the world go round and obviously, the world is spinning just fine.

As for the rear wiper, I hadn't thought about winter yet... we get Ice cold here and fortunately, this year I'll have the car in the garage at night but during the day, I'll be parking outside. Fortunately, with this car, the rear defroster is a toggle switch and not a timed one so I can just leave it on when I park the car and it'll fire up immediately when I restart. Before I turn on the front wipers, I'll be wiping off the windshield and it'll have time to melt the rear. I've always had to scrape the rear window on other cars so I'll probably do that as well but I'll have to make sure the rear wiper is free of Ice. The Sport's wing should provide a little bit of additional cover.

Don't remember saying jackass anywhere but...

It looks like you were not trying to be helpful but make yourself feel "forum superior" by [your term] "pouncing" first on the "search wagon" "" "" "" "" ""*. Kind of like people who post "1st post... whoohoo" on blog comments... I was the first to post search.. yeah... Anyone who has a clue about forum etiquette (if there is such a thing) would have looked at the things I mentioned above (post count, duration of time on the board) and would have possibly said something like "yeah... saw that before oh here" ...** but then again, I'm probably wrong b/c I would have thought anyone with a high post count would have known this... heck, I know this and only have 145 measly posts... My bad.

~SB

*quotes for fun...
** and ellipses too