2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Can't figure out how to remove sun visors!?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Can't figure out how to remove sun visors!?

I'm doing the Hands Free Link bluetooth install now, and have gotten as far as removing the ceiling grab handles, and am stuck trying to remove the sun visors!

For the left side visor the Honda instructions say to remove it by "turning it clockwise" while "pressing down on the tab".. Yet the image depicts the visor being rotated counter-clockwise. Also, I can't seem to get any change in the position of the "tab" in any direction... I'm using all combinations of pulling/pushing/prying the tab & turning the visor in both directions (with lot's of force on everything), and nothing is budging..

Has anyone removed their visors without breaking anything? And if so, exactly how?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I couldnt figure it out either. I ended up breaking them off to re-do the headliner. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:35 PM
With sun visor in place, lying in holder, try this. (service manual instruction)

1. Insert a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with protective tape through the hole in the front side of the bracket cover (A), and push the hook (B). Then make sure the hook is unlocked certainly.

2. While pushing the hook (A) with a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with protective tape, release the sunvisor (B) from the holder (C), and rotate the sunvisor backward 45 °. Then make sure the hook slides into the bracket cover (D) as the rotating the sunvisor.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...h_AII41334.pdf

looking in this pdf (you already own)you will understand which part is A,B.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just not pushing the hook in far enough for whatever is being held by it to free up. I can push it in a good amount, but then the mirror arm assembly won't pull down while I have it pushed in- no matter what rotation I have the mirror at.. I've been trying over and over, all possible positions with that hook pushed in very well.. Maybe I need to just keep at it.

I definitely have to get this thing off, since I need to route in the headliner behind the mirror attachment.

sofosal- have you actually done this? BTW, thanks for reminding me about service manual- I actually have that too and forgot to check there for more detailed visor assembly. It's failry clear what I'm supposed to do- it's just not happening. ugh!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 PM

the image above, will help you! push like the arrow points.
i wish, it's no late.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks- those look like the service manual images. It's weird I'm definitely pushing exactly as the images show, but nothing rotates besides the mirror itself, and it just won't release.. sigh. I've seen several threads where other people are had the same problem and they never figured it out.

I just figured out a way to stick the harness under the headliner and out the side over the drivers door, then with everything hanging out there, I was able to turn it around and feed it "straight" back in across the ceiling to get it within a hands grab reach of the cutout in the headliner. so I got everything routed without removing the sun visor at all. It was a real pain, but it worked and I didn't damage anything.

I'd still be curious to know if anyone here has actually performed the removal of a 2010 Fit sun visor.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm trying to install the remote starter, and I'm having this problem. I've already cracked the arm of the sunvisor from pulling on it but I still can't get the post out. Has anyone actually done this? A video would be nice. I've already seen the diagrams from the service manual, etc, and they don't help at all. I suppose I might as well just try to dremel it out since the visor arm is already cracked and the tab is completely shredded because I've been jamming a screwdriver in it for about three hours now.

EDIT: I actually managed to get the thing off. What you need to do is use a small screwdriver - one that will fit into the slot on the tab. Then, push the tab with the screwdriver in the slot so it goes under, then keep moving it with the screwdriver until you see the other end, then just move it until the visor falls out. I'll try to make a video once I finish installing the starter.

Last edited by senatorpjt; 06-20-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
A video would be great! I ended up prying/bending the head liner down around the visor, and then using a coat hangar and tape to shove the wiring for the hands free kit up behind the visor arm and accross the headliner to the center. It was a huge pain, but luckily I did it without any kinks or breaking anything.

I'd love to see how you actually did it!

thanks for the update..

Old 06-20-2010, 07:34 PM
YouTube - 2010 fit visor 2-iPhone.m4v

Here's the fixed video. Unfortunately I realized afterwards that I referred to everything as "this thing" or "the thing" but hopefully it is sufficient.

Last edited by senatorpjt; 06-20-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
This is great!!!! Thanks for taking the time to put that up... I want to add something else that require removing the visors just because I think I can do it now- no kidding.

Good job.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:49 PM
I do too.. One of the things stuck to the window is my radar detector mount and I have wires to connect it to the map-light circuit so I don't have to use the cigarette lighter. Might as well do it now.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by senatorpjt
YouTube - 2010 fit visor 2-iPhone.m4v

Here's the fixed video. Unfortunately I realized afterwards that I referred to everything as "this thing" or "the thing" but hopefully it is sufficient.
Yea man thanks for the video it helped greatly!!! I was having trouble installing my wink mirror with the visors in the way..
again thank thank thank thank YOU!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I just ordered a new visor from Bernardi because mine won't lay flat against the ceiling anymore. You saved me a whole lot of aggravation. Thank you!

Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
This is great!!! My drivers side visor would not lay flat anymore either, got the new one from Bernardi's and been having a hard time getting the old one out. this lets me see what I have been doing wrong.
Reps for you!

Old 05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Doesn't it make you want to go see if you can take yours out? Well almost.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to see you got it out.
Now if someone would made a replacement pivot, at the correct angle, so the visor, would actually block sun, when turned to the side window.
I don't understand how a design like that gets into a car. Even a low end model.