2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone Sleep in their fit? v. Camping

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 PM
If you put the front seats all the way up and fold the back seat down you can fit a twin size airbed in the back! I always have the airbed in the car just in case I need a place to sleep. I have used it many times when I go camping and don't feel like setting up the tent. I have even used it once at school when I had no classes and worked late the night before. And I have to say I think it's just as comfortable as my real bed. People get jealous of my car when I do things like that and they can't. That's why I love the fit.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by GOskateFL
If you put the front seats all the way up and fold the back seat down you can fit a twin size airbed in the back! I always have the airbed in the car just in case I need a place to sleep. I have used it many times when I go camping and don't feel like setting up the tent. I have even used it once at school when I had no classes and worked late the night before. And I have to say I think it's just as comfortable as my real bed. People get jealous of my car when I do things like that and they can't. That's why I love the fit.
A stroke of genius - true genius. Twins size huh? K_C_

Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by polaski
This sounds like great fun!

One question -- what do you do for ventilation? I know from a couple times I had to take a snooze in the civic that it got pretty stuffy after a couple hours, and I hate to leave windows down for the dew to fall in.
windows are cracked when i would do it in my xterra

Old 05-20-2010, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
ill post pictures the weekend of memorial day when i get all my equipment set up

Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
A stroke of genius - true genius. Twins size huh? K_C_
I kid you not. Twin size, just add pillow, sleeping bag and girlfriend and lock the doors and your good to go.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
That is great... I had a full size air bed in a GMC Safari van and the memories will last forever.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
I have a twin size aero bed that I am going to have to try this out with. Awesome tip!

Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by GOskateFL
can you take a picture?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Are you guys all have the second gen fit (09-10)? I have an 09. Even when I pulled the front seats all the way up and remove the headrest, the front seat back will overlap the back seats. right? So the interior cannot be completely flat, right? Wish to see a photo too. Thanks.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
Are you guys all have the second gen fit (09-10)? I have an 09. Even when I pulled the front seats all the way up and remove the headrest, the front seat back will overlap the back seats. right? So the interior cannot be completely flat, right? Wish to see a photo too. Thanks.
What I think too. I'm just going to go out and try it w/ an air mattress. Must be seats full forward and tilted full forward, but you're still gonna be close on the length - just gotta go do it after all the other Saturday chores... K_C_

Old 05-22-2010, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Correct, there is no Refresh mode with the 09 Fit. you have to sleep in the back with the back seats down. To fit an air mattress in, you have to slide the front seats all the way forward.

~SB

Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by specboy
To fit an air mattress in, you have to slide the front seats all the way forward.

~SB
You mean slide the front seats all the way forward, and keep the front-seat's backs leaning forward as much as possible, right?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
You mean slide the front seats all the way forward, and keep the front-seat's backs leaning forward as much as possible, right?
Right... Front seats NOT reclined at all. Just pushed out of the way. The Previous Gen FIT had front seats that would recline and line up with the rear's (once the head rest was out) for "Refresh Mode"

For the summer, Pop the hatch and drape some Mosquito netting over it (attach with strip magnets to the outside of the car and stake it down...)

~SB

Old 05-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
For the summer, Pop the hatch and drape some Mosquito netting over it (attach with strip magnets to the outside of the car and stake it down...)
~SB
ha, mosquito net... how romantic! actually it's the bad humans i am worried about if I were to leave the car open and sleeping there alone in my string bikini underwear. Do you guys ever worried about being mugged? Whenever I take a nap in my Fit (just a nap, in the rest area) I always keep the windows completely closed and doors locked and alarm on.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
ha, mosquito net... how romantic! actually it's the bad humans i am worried about if I were to leave the car open and sleeping there alone in my string bikini underwear. Do you guys ever worried about being mugged? Whenever I take a nap in my Fit (just a nap, in the rest area) I always keep the windows completely closed and doors locked and alarm on.
I sleep in the raw and the sight of my naked body is such a repulsive sight that it is a deterrent that keeps everyone away.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like that would make me hyperventilate

Old 05-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I have slept in my fit '08 , 5'11 and it was comfortable once i figured out to lie diagonally for most distance. It was a snow/rain mix (in a mountain valley bottom, Whistler BC) so pretty damn cold kept having to wake up and run the heater for a bit.

Definitely would not recommend drinking a lot and sleeping in your car when it's raining. The extra 'warmth' is not worth it - u keep having to run out into the rain to go.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
sleeping there alone in my string bikini underwear.
Thread = worthless w/o pics

Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by JeffChap
Thread = worthless w/o pics
see? told ya... bad humans!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM
see? told ya... bad humans!
Hey - curious minds neeed to know. Pleeeze

Quick Reply: Anyone Sleep in their fit? v. Camping