2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

More Power?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
More Power?

Hi, I am a new manual fit 2010 owner and I was looking about trying to figure out some ways to give my car a bit more power and torque. I love the car, but would really like a bit more acceleration out of it. I am new to fits and modifying them.. pretty lost by all the information on the net. Anyone who has been there and already figured out some do's and don'ts with some advice? Maybe what they'd recommend I start out with...? Is a supercharger a good idea for starting out? I am a bit lost haha!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
the fit really isnt made to go fast, but you can squeeze out a few more hp with an intake and exhaust... even nitrous lol

currently, there isnt any F.I. options for the GE platform. soo you're either gonna have to wait until some company releases a kit or take ur fit to a shop to custom fabricate a turbo

Old 05-16-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck getting much power out of it. People will say an intake and exhaust. Yeah you'll get a few hp with both, but nothing worth the money really. I do plan to get an axle back exhaust, but don't expect anything, power-wise, in return.

I e-mailed Jackson Racing about their supercharger kit for the GE's and they have no plans on releasing one. I think its mostly because of the lack of room under the hood.

So, yeah...looks like you might want to trade for a used Si or something if you're wanting any kind of power.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Putting the absolute lightest wheels and tires that you can find on it will make the most noticeable difference in acceleration and a lot more.... Intake and exhaust will add some power, the wheels won't but you will have a more responsive car.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
it's too bad there isn't a supercharger made for it. I bet a custom deal would be very expensive. I have an exhaust already, but not sure an intake is even worth bothering with really. The tire idea sounds good tho.. any leads on some good not too expensive light weight ones? or a good brand name to go with if I want that later on? If that is my only upgrade for a bit then I might be able to splurge a bit on some cash.

btw I can't trade my fit! It's too good on gas!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
I like the Enkei RPF1 wheels and have them on my GD3 with stock size Conti Pro Contact tires.... The change in rotating mass and unsprung weight from stock for all four wheels was over 39 Lbs. I bought them at Tire Rack.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benny30
a bit more power and torque.
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
So, yeah...looks like you might want to trade for a used Si or something if you're wanting any kind of power.
Huh? The dude asked if there was a way to get a little bit more power, and now he should sell his car and take a hit on depreciation to trade up to an Si? Not to mention that it is a completely different type of car.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Huh? The dude asked if there was a way to get a little bit more power, and now he should sell his car and take a hit on depreciation to trade up to an Si? Not to mention that it is a completely different type of car.
I don't why that type of comment seems to always pop up here..... A kid informed me that his uncles new Corvette would out run my fit.... He is a fat little redneck in the 7th grade and has a better understanding of cars than than I see exspessed on some of the threads here

Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Exclamation

Hey, let's keep it on point!!!!

Benny if your ride is new give it time. I'm just crossing 2K and am seeing the little beast starting to come out. These things need to break in, for sure. MPG's mature, it gets a bit more sporty, the revs come easier and make more sense. A fun ride so give it 3 oil changes before you jump to conclusions and no way trade it in. K_C_

Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I don't why that type of comment seems to always pop up here..... A kid informed me that his uncles new Corvette would out run my fit.... He is a fat little redneck in the 7th grade and has a better understanding of cars than than I see expressed on some of the threads here

Back to the OP, yeah light wheels & tires, up to 6hp with an intake, exhausts havent proven to be a big gain so far tho.
you might find this thread interesting, and some items are free https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...t-edition.html

Last edited by Tork; 05-16-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
About 20,000 miles from now you will be amazed that it feels stronger than it did 2000 miles before.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I like the Enkei RPF1 wheels and have them on my GD3 with stock size Conti Pro Contact tires.... The change in rotating mass and unsprung weight from stock for all four wheels was over 39 Lbs. I bought them at Tire Rack.
Hey Tex,
What do you think about the Konig Daylites? They are supposedly about .5 lbs lighter and are about $100 cheaper per wheel. I know they might be a less desirable brand but do you or anyone else have any thoughts?

Benny, I put an intake on at about 13k miles and I feel like its a little more responsive when I want it to move. I'm still holding out hope that someone reliable makes a turbo or SC kit for it.

DAYLITE BLACK W/ YELLOW STRIPE

Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PrplRain
Hey Tex,
What do you think about the Konig Daylites? They are supposedly about .5 lbs lighter and are about $100 cheaper per wheel. I know they might be a less desirable brand but do you or anyone else have any thoughts?

Benny, I put an intake on at about 13k miles and I feel like its a little more responsive when I want it to move. I'm still holding out hope that someone reliable makes a turbo or SC kit for it.

Yeah, looks like a nice wheel choice!

I have removed about 140 lbs and added 10 HP
I am very pleased with the improvement

original PRM CAI
Name:  Dyno001.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  7.0 KB

Honda Fit Crank Pulley - Import Tuner Magazine

Last edited by Tork; 05-16-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Well there is no real way to make it faster man. If u really wanted a faster car u should have did some research and got a turboed hatch like speed3,gti. But i would suggest that u keep the Fit start saving and in a couple of years get a used car for fun on the side that is fast enough for you. That way you keep the Fit as a great DD and have a fun car on the side that you can mod.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Good luck getting much power out of it. People will say an intake and exhaust. Yeah you'll get a few hp with both, but nothing worth the money really. I do plan to get an axle back exhaust, but don't expect anything, power-wise, in return.

I e-mailed Jackson Racing about their supercharger kit for the GE's and they have no plans on releasing one. I think its mostly because of the lack of room under the hood.

I feel I need to apologize to you for taking exception to one sentence that was really not offensive..... Everything else you said I agree with and I was out of line in my comparing what was said to other post here on fitfreak.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tork
Yeah, looks like a nice wheel choice!

I have removed about 140 lbs and added 10 HP
I am very pleased with the improvement

original PRM CAI

Honda Fit Crank Pulley - Import Tuner Magazine
I got about 5 hp from from the intake, where did you get the other 5 from?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
it is right there in my post

Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PrplRain
Hey Tex,

If they are lighter I would get them, they certainly look as good or better than the wheels on my car but I have 15"X7" wheels.... I would personally mount 14" wheels on my car if it made an appreciable difference in unsprung weight and rotating mass reduction.... I agree with you that there is more response with a more free flowing intake than the stock set up and something I forgot to mention is that an electronic throttle controller really works well to increase response and enhance any other things you have done to increase performance though it is performance that probably will not show up on a dyno graph.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 PM
I think the acceleration on this car (mine is a 2010 5sp/MT) is great for the engine power. VTEC comes on early and pulls me in even when merging uphill.

This is and never will be a performance car in its current state. The only way to make this car truly faster is to add a twirly (turbo or super) thing and a hell of a lot of tuning. Internals shouldn't be necessary for low boost levels as people have already proven the previous gen engine to make a good 160HP on a super which is more than enough to have fun with for a sub 2600lb car.

However that costs money but dollar/hp forced induction is the only true way to achieve real power. K&N claims 5hp which means less than a 5% increase in power for $300.00 at a cost of $60/hp. Supercharger at 75 HP gain costs $56/HP and you'll actually feel the difference without the butt Dyno inaccuracy.

In short Power = Money

The best thing to do for this car is GOOD tires and light rims, tires affect everything else along with unsprung weight. Next suspension at a minumum stiffer struts, those will help with cornering acceleration braking and improve the car greatly all around. The more control you have the less you need to brake and accelerate.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
I found that reducing unsprung weight affects handling in the same way as stiffer shocks and struts but without the rougher ride that sometimes occurs with performance shocks.

Quick Reply: More Power?