2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Amazing Fit seat cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Amazing Fit seat cleaner

Hi all,

Like we all know the Fit's seat & door fabric are a magent for fuzz,lint,animal hair. Quite by accident I found something to clean the fabric,very well & easy. I have a cat and of course cat hairs follow me everywhere,and the seats attract it off my clothing. After washing my Fit I use a microfiber towel to dry it. I was thirsty and had a coke in the front cup holder. Reaching inside to grab my coke I hit the steering wheel with the coke can and spilled a small amount of coke on the drivers seat. I had my microfiber towel in hand and swiped it off the seat before it soaked in. To my surprise the damp microfiber towel,grabbed all the coke,cat hair,fuzz,lint and the seat area wiped became completely clean. Thinking a fluke I grabbed my second microfiber towel,dampened it and wiped the passenger seat completely clean too. Inspired I wiped all the seats,and door panels and they look like brand new completely lint free. It works on all the fabric of a Fit. A damp{not soaked} microfiber towel wiped over the seat is the best way I have found to clean the seats of lint,fuzz,and pet hair. It also refreshed the worn looking area of the drivers seat on the left bolster. The towel I used was a cheap Dollar General microfber auto drying towel about 10"X20". I think I paid $2.50 ,but I am guessing any microfiber towel would do the job. Seats feel a slightly damp after cleaning,but with doors open, dried very quickly. I now dedicated one of my microfiber towels to interior duty. Not sure how many times you can clean before the towel redeposits the lint ,that has yet to be discovered. Let me know if it works for you.

PaFitter

Old 11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
OH man, I thought you were going to say that Coke was what got everything clean! Whew! I'll def try the microfiber towel! Thanks for the tip! =)

Old 11-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Nice hit, Thanks for the info!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
damp cloth does give you that clean-look-effect. dust seem to disappear but what you're missing is dust which are now embedded on cloth... both your damp rug and seat.

lint remover (paint roller type) and swiffer duster are a main stay on all my cars.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
In my experience, lint rollers have proven virtually useless on the Fits upholstery. The damp microfiber towel trick DOES work well for a quick pickup of lint and pet hair which vacuuming won't touch.

It's no substitute for vacuuming to remove deep embeddEd dust, but used along with it- well, my Fit is nice and clean inside.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by drumsauce
OH man, I thought you were going to say that Coke was what got everything clean! Whew! I'll def try the microfiber towel! Thanks for the tip! =)
That's funny everyone knows Pepsi is a much better cleaning product.
Originally Posted by PaFitter
...To my surprise the damp microfiber towel,grabbed all the coke,cat hair,fuzz,lint and the seat area wiped became completely clean...
Great tip, I'll be trying that ASAP!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
wow, didn't know that, thanks alot

Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
What about human hair? It's no secret that mouse fur causes baldness. Ever since we got our Fit the bald spot on the back of my head has increased in size and there is gray hair all over the headrest. What kind of soda takes care of that problem?