2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never thought I could love a car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Never thought I could love a car!

Got my 2010 Orange Metallic Revolution Sport in early December after the old Saturn died. . .I am in love! I wouldn't call myself a car person, but the Fit has really taken my heart. I've learned a lot lurking here, too.

I just ordered a center console armrest, bumper applique, and visors, which should be here on Wednesday. I've already finished a DIY hatch liner and am currently building a cargo shelf.

I'm in love and just had to share it with folks who would understand!

Just don't tell my husband

Old 01-04-2011, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Some people believe there's enough room for more than one in their hearts!

building your own cargo shelf? wow, you're pretty handy. That being said... you up for doing a DIY mesh grille? or Horn "upgrade"?

beyond that... i still need to do a tint, or rather get it tinted for summer... far too hot.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Some people believe there's enough room for more than one in their hearts!

building your own cargo shelf? wow, you're pretty handy. That being said... you up for doing a DIY mesh grille? or Horn "upgrade"?

beyond that... i still need to do a tint, or rather get it tinted for summer... far too hot.
Oh no, more projects to consider! I should have known that finding this site would be the death of me

Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
a few folks did the DIY mesh grille because they have had their A/C condenser effectively destroyed by road debris smashing into the fins. Others, like myself, have not encountered such a problem, but are scared of it anyway! Every time I look at the picture I took of my mesh grille, I think of a whale's mouth... with that huge filter for the plankton and krill.

The horn is something to consider if you don't like the current horn. If you buy the Accord horn, it could be a 15 minute job. Pop the grille cover, move the latch cover, unplug and unbolt old horn... grab new horn and do the previous steps in reverse.

Last edited by Goobers; 01-04-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: sticking edits, i was right the first time!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by kellyyouse
Got my 2010 Orange Metallic Revolution Sport in early December after the old Saturn died. . .I am in love! I wouldn't call myself a car person, but the Fit has really taken my heart. I've learned a lot lurking here, too.

I just ordered a center console armrest, bumper applique, and visors, which should be here on Wednesday. I've already finished a DIY hatch liner and am currently building a cargo shelf.

I'm in love and just had to share it with folks who would understand!

Just don't tell my husband
congrats.on the FIT...they are awesome vehicles!
..if you shop around you can get the visors for $52....cargo tray for $39.00 nd the all season mats for $70.
the console is cool...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by kellyyouse
Oh no, more projects to consider! I should have known that finding this site would be the death of me
The latest idea in one of the threads is the mounting of Ipad in the FIT... posters to this site are creative bunch...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...jazz-done.html