Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > 2nd Generation (GE 08-present)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory TSBs
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-present) The New Fit... Generation specific talk and questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 03:35 PM

tafkam is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 400, Level: 7 Points: 400, Level: 7 Points: 400, Level: 7
Level up: 50%, 50 Points needed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
Easiest way to get dog hair off of seats

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 Fit Sport and it has (or maybe all of them have) the black or dark blue upholstery and even though I use a blanket when transporting my black lab, the hair on the seats is VERY difficult to get off, I think more difficult than any other car I have owned.

I just wanted to see if anyone has the same issue and if so, what is the best way to clean up. I have tried a lint brush as well as one of those special pet hair removal gloves that I got at PetSmart but neither really works all that well.

It is about time for a new vacuum cleaner for the house and I am considering a model that mentions pet hair, I think Hoover has one called the Wind Tunnel pet or something like that. It comes with special attachments for chairs and such for pet hair so maybe someone else has tried one of these or something similar.

Please let me know and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM

flip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to liveflip relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 295, Level: 5 Points: 295, Level: 5 Points: 295, Level: 5
Level up: 90%, 5 Points needed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
I use those inexpensive yellow dish-washing gloves. I've tried so many things designed specifically to remove pet hair, and the dish-washing gloves outperform them.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Banned

Chad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to liveChad T relies on Rep Points to live
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
I use those inexpensive yellow dish-washing gloves. I've tried so many things designed specifically to remove pet hair, and the dish-washing gloves outperform them.
Those work great! I was going to suggest a rubber brush thing that does the same deal but rubber gloves do work better.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:23 PM

Krimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 5,884, Level: 49 Points: 5,884, Level: 49 Points: 5,884, Level: 49
Level up: 67%, 66 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Daily Activity: 4.1%
Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1%
microfiber cloth - dry

Smaller than a Crapper
fortiter in re, suaviter in modo
Photo Shoot
Old 11-20-2011, 07:13 PM

PaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to livePaFitter relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 468, Level: 9 Points: 468, Level: 9 Points: 468, Level: 9
Level up: 36%, 32 Points needed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Daily Activity: 4.3%
Daily Activity: 4.3% Daily Activity: 4.3% Daily Activity: 4.3%
Microfiber car drying towel,slightly damp. Works great for removal of cat hair I get,and lint from clothing. I use it every car wash. Refreshes my wrinkled bolsters on drivers side as well,slightly damp. Cleans whiteish area on top door edge where I rest my arm when window is open . Tried all those pet hair removers,and I discovered microfiber towel trick by accident when I spilled a coke on passenger seat when I was drying car. Grabbed already damp towel to wipe coke up,and cat hair disappeared.

PaFitter
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 AM

Bthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 2,499, Level: 30 Points: 2,499, Level: 30 Points: 2,499, Level: 30
Level up: 33%, 101 Points needed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Daily Activity: 1.2%
Daily Activity: 1.2% Daily Activity: 1.2% Daily Activity: 1.2%
Lint roller.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-shoes/64643-diy-tpms-light-eliminator.html

TPMS LIGHT ELIMINATOR^^^^

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-e...e-install.html

DIY TEST PIPE^^^^
Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 AM

mhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to livemhadden relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14
Level up: 28%, 72 Points needed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Daily Activity: 1.4%
Daily Activity: 1.4% Daily Activity: 1.4% Daily Activity: 1.4%
Dyson vacuum with the stair tool works wonders for me.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:39 PM

fitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to livefitchet relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 1,719, Level: 24 Points: 1,719, Level: 24 Points: 1,719, Level: 24
Level up: 19%, 81 Points needed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Daily Activity: 5.4%
Daily Activity: 5.4% Daily Activity: 5.4% Daily Activity: 5.4%
I'm going to second Micro Fiber cloth slightly damp.

I read someone in here saying it worked, and sceptically tried it and was amazed at how well it did work. Infact, the "fact" that it did work, headed me off from buying Clazzio's. I actually might be in the minority that enjoy the standard upholestery in The Fit.

If I hadn't discovered the damp Micro-Fiber towel trick? I'd probably be sporting Clazzio's....
Old 11-21-2011, 05:27 PM

tafkam is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 400, Level: 7 Points: 400, Level: 7 Points: 400, Level: 7
Level up: 50%, 50 Points needed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Thanks

Thank you very much to everyone who replied I have gotten some ideas out of this and will try a few.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Subie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to liveSubie relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35
Level up: 58%, 64 Points needed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Daily Activity: 9.1%
Daily Activity: 9.1% Daily Activity: 9.1% Daily Activity: 9.1%
Send a message via Skype™ to Subie
Keep the dog out of the car seats. Sorry, couldn't resist the title. Those seats are definitely a magnet unless you have leather. Yes, microfiber cloth. Hmmm I have to try those dish washing gloves...

Common sense is one of the last frontiers high tech hasn't replaced (yet). Don't give it up so quickly!
'08 TB A/T Sport

Reality checklist, click on the link -> : You know you're hooked on FitFreak when...
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 PM

Bthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to liveBthasht relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 2,499, Level: 30 Points: 2,499, Level: 30 Points: 2,499, Level: 30
Level up: 33%, 101 Points needed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Daily Activity: 1.2%
Daily Activity: 1.2% Daily Activity: 1.2% Daily Activity: 1.2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
Keep the dog out of the car seats. Sorry, couldn't resist the title. Those seats are definitely a magnet unless you have leather. Yes, microfiber cloth. Hmmm I have to try those dish washing gloves...

+rep +rep

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-shoes/64643-diy-tpms-light-eliminator.html

TPMS LIGHT ELIMINATOR^^^^

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-e...e-install.html

DIY TEST PIPE^^^^