2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JVC ADV64BT Head Unit Installed with Rearview Cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM
JVC ADV64BT Head Unit Installed with Rearview Cam

Posting this on the forum because while doing it I was looking for a post like this.

The head unit is installed with a rear cam. The can is attached to the bottom of the brake light, wires ran through the hatch's grommet into the rear fuse box area.

This is the unit

Ordered from Crutchfield, they sent the wiring adapter for the Fit. For the most part it's color for color matching. Except the white/orange on one matched to orange on the other. Crutchfield's schematic is right on. At first I didn't think I needed the yellow for constant power, but turns out you do. So connect up everything in that schematic.

This is the head unit in the provided installation kit.

Due to the Fit's bumper being so flush, we decided to mount the cam inside the vehicle right under the break light. Real easy to wire it this way. We went alongside the grommet into the rear side panel. We made a sit in the grommet for the camera cables to run down.

I also removed the panel at the inner side of the bumper, with the latch. That way I could run the above wires down into the spare tire bay. From there the wires went right under the passenger seat, under floor mats, and then inside the bottom flaps of the center console to the front up to the radio.

For the camera, there are 3 wires to splice. Reverse light power, cam power, and reverse wire from headunit. Crimp these 3 together with the provided multi-wire crimps.

This is the panel above the accessory outlet. Only need to open this to unscrew the factory radio mounting screw. I ran mu USB input through here. The panel snapped back in fine with the cable coming out.

Opening the glove box helped remove that mounting screw. No other use for me there.

VIOLA

Other Notes: Some wiring harness wires are not needed, like subwoofer and power antenna. Also when snapping in new housing make sure the clips are there, you may need to take the clips from the factory unit.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Looks good, but would look better if you resize the pics a little bit smaller.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Yes- please edit and resize those pics. I'd like to see it but trying is painful.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
MMMMMMMMMMMMONSTER PHOTO'S!!!!!

Yes resize them to like 800x600.