2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FIT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
New FIT!

Hello! Im new in this forum. My name is Reinarde B. Most people in the car seen know me as Rei (Ray). I live in Eagle Rock, Los Angeles, CA. You've probably seen my Flat black civic reppin' Coastin Society/LegitMotion.com. I do Videos and Photography. My youtube account is TheLegitMotion - YouTube and the website I run is Legit Motion | Everything and Anything, LEGIT

Anyways, I do drive an EF2 91 Civic Sedan, Slammed to the floor daily scrapping. sitting on SSR Vienna Dish. Custom paint. and all those little stuff.. had the car for about 2 and a half years now.. and decided to pick up a new car..

SOOOOO I decided to get a 2012 White Honda Fit Sport (AT). Sadly they didn't have a MT. but still I picked up the car May 19, 2012. And so my journey with this fine ride begins!

The day i picked her up.

Got her tinted 2 days ago

Also relocated the license plate. looks better

Thanks for reading!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM
looks great!

Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome

I've seen a Civic on the net on SSR Vienna Dish wheels not sure if it was yours... post up some pics.

Which kit did you use for relocating the front plate?

Enjoy the modding.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I really like the black on the headlights, I need to get those headlights.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM
@FitStir I just used zip ties x_x Trying to find a mount though.
@Yummy Flaquito Yea i really like the black housing

And heres my civic..

This was about 3 months ago.

recently I added VIP Curtains but haven't gotten a chance to really take shots of it.

I was thinking if i should swap the SSRs onto the fit.. of course get new tires on it as well.. but haven't decided yet.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Yup, definitely seen your Civic. Love the mods! especially those SSR's w/ the VIP theme... a little too low for me but simply beautiful!
What brakes are those? Project Mu? Spoon?

I think the SSR's would look great on your new white GE8 with a slight VIP style, but aren't they 5 lug? What's the specs on the wheels?

As for the front plate relocator, I've seen a few but haven't decided which one I like, but I like where you relocated it to... it cleans up the front bumper a lot.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks ! Yea, i tried the VIP look for the civic. it also has a trunk flush spoiler. As for the breaks, I think they're OEM. cuz last year, my calipers had a leak and we couldn't find any replacements so we went to some aftermarket shop and they said thats what they have. and there was no brand name on the box or anything. it fits and works though .

The wheels are 16x7 +35 4x100/5x100. so they should fit. I just wish it had a bit lower offset.

I moved the plate, cuz i didn't want the paint on the bumper to be mismatched if i remove it later. the sad part is, when i took the plate off, theres 2 small dents behind it on the bumper. I think some backed into it. unless the dealership hit something slightly. the license plate frame was cracked but not noticeable till i took it off.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Looks good. Sucks to hear about the ding behind the old license plate's location. What did you use to mount the plate on the grill?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I just zip tied the mount to the grill. And put the plate and frame on the mount. I'm gonna try to find a legit mount soon though.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Hey! Another photographer! Looks like I know where to kill time and look at more photos haha. car looks good!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

The blue paint threw me off.

Mine too has a few dings behind the plate, hoping to get them touched up when I get the driver door dings fixed. Another reason I'm holding off on the relocator... there's a lot of threads on relocating the front plate but this site's search is acting wacky lately.

Ooooh, 4/5 x100??? Wow, nice!!! Love those rims, they'll fit on the GE8, you'll probably have to do some fender mods to not rub (depending on drop + tire size) especially since the OEM wheels are +53 (or +55), but I'm sure you know what to do.
I've been looking for a set of SSR Dish, or Work Eurolines in a 17x7 +49 (or close to) for my black GE8. Almost pulled the trigger on some already but still looking for my perfect set.

Please post pics if you put the SSR's on the GE8. I'm so in love with those rims.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by xTravisxEdgex
Hey! Another photographer! Looks like I know where to kill time and look at more photos haha. car looks good!
LOL. Im nowhere near your level x_x you're tooooo pro haha.. nice flickr sets!!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
The blue paint threw me off.

Ooooh, 4/5 x100??? Wow, nice!!! Love those rims, they'll fit on the GE8, you'll probably have to do some fender mods to not rub (depending on drop + tire size) especially since the OEM wheels are +53 (or +55), but I'm sure you know what to do.
I've been looking for a set of SSR Dish, or Work Eurolines in a 17x7 +49 (or close to) for my black GE8. Almost pulled the trigger on some already but still looking for my perfect set.

Please post pics if you put the SSR's on the GE8. I'm so in love with those rims.
FORSURE MAN!. What the, +53 or +55?! Highest offset ever!! hahaha.. thats hilarious! I didn't know that.. man... .. hehe and yea i got major plans for this fit, but ill let time and pics show progress. . I had these wheels up for sale in my area for $800 with tires a few weeks ago, but changed my mind when i picked up the fit. Ill for sure keep you guys posted though

Old 05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the stock offset messes things up a bit for aftermarket wheels. Maybe swap the rims from the GE8 to the Civic and vice versa.

Definitely post up your progress, very interested to see what you do to the GE8, especially after seeing the work you've done on the Civic.
I've been modding mine for over 3 yrs, I'll be lucky if I'm done in 2 more.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Heyyyy Guys! I haven't been able to update what I've got going on with my Fit.. Sooo lemme put it up to speed.. May 2012 I bought the Fit. Although didn't do much to it for a good year because I had my civic taking up a lot of money for maintenance.. By March 2013 I put about 24,000 miles on the Fit. Miles I couldn't really put on the Civic. By then I decided to put my Civic for sale.. 2 cars aint as fun as i thought it would be when I aint goes the funds lol..

SOOOO by April 2013 I started modifying my Fit. and I gotta say its gone quite a long way in the past year or so.. But heres some of the mods in order.

First I swapped the lights to HIDs and tinted the OEM Fogs JDM Yellow. Oh and of course replaced all the dull yellowish bulbs to white LEDs. Blue for the Dome, White for the Maps. White Corners, trunk, license plate lights so on. so on.

by June 2013 I had nothing to really do so I did the "JDM wiper mod" and tilted the rear windshield wiper to an upright position. I love it! works better for rear windshield sticker roll call lists and stuff..

In summer 2013 I don't exactly remember when, I finally lowered the car. Not slammed though, just bought Eibach Sportline springs from JayR. That guy is awesome, gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. So yay! I lowered my Fit! I actually love the height IDK if I wanna go lower.. maybe some day.. but Im satisfied.

A few weeks after I lowered her, I threw on some SEXY ASS wheels.. 17x7.5 +45 4x100 gunmetal Enkei NT03+M!! with 205/40/17 Tires.. I LOVE IT! the set! Im actually debating if I should keep em. but I did throw em up for sale. no rush no rush. Shout out to Max for the photo! This was the first meet/car show I attended with my Honda Fit got some love! woot!

By Winter I bought OEM window Visors! got a deal on em. Also did a Custom Spoiler RAISE and TILT. Not the Lyon mod. I threw some brackets together and raised it.. Looks AMAZING!

My most recent mod was a K&N Typhoon Air Intake. and thats about it.

I got a long way to go still but I enjoy the pace I'm moving.. always get excited with new parts rather than throwing em all on at once. .. I also do MOBILE DETAILING now. so of course my fit stays clean and silk smooth. Interior and Exterior. Also done all the mods on my own sometimes with some help from a friend . But yup yup. Hope you guys enjoy my Fit as much as I do. I attend a lot of car shows and meets lately..

Till Next time! see you guys later!

Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
I should have you detail mine lol. Good stuff!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
I should have you detail mine lol. Good stuff!
Thanks man! haha can't wait to meet you and your Fit next month! Dude Ive gotten so good at detailing a Honda Fit, started with 4 hours full detail. Now I'm down to 1 1/2 to 2 hours full detail. with precision to! xD

Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Lol, I'm willing to come a little earlier so you can do magic on my car...funny thing, everytime I wash my car, the day after, it always rains..

Old 02-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Lol, I'm willing to come a little earlier so you can do magic on my car...funny thing, everytime I wash my car, the day after, it always rains..
Haha happened to me a few times.. but the wax helps so much.. water doesn't sit on the car. it just slides off.. i posted pics of it on IG before.. and the recent rain we had here in cali, I just hopped on the freeway after the rain, and its as if the car was just washed with no water spots at all haha.. yea man hit me up when you come down.. chill and detail cars

Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by EFitREI
Thanks man! haha can't wait to meet you and your Fit next month! Dude Ive gotten so good at detailing a Honda Fit, started with 4 hours full detail. Now I'm down to 1 1/2 to 2 hours full detail. with precision to! xD
What's your process like? Wash, clay, DA polisher? lol @ mobile detailing. It definitely shows

Quick Reply: New FIT!