2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Aries Floor Liners/Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
I need to add my second U-ACE warranty experience to this thread.

I was one of the first to purchase the 3D liners and was a big fan of this product and recommended many here to consider these liners. I just tried to warranty my driver's side liner again. The first liner had the separation issue mentioned earlier in this thread and that a few experienced. Warranty replacement was smooth, with return label included.

I was cleaning the replacement liner yesterday and noticed that it was seeping at the seam in front of the heal pad. I've attached pictures. As you can see in the close up picture the white material under the rigid rubber is exposed. When cleaning it with water, it seeps at that seam.

I contacted U-ACE direct and was told the pictures I sent them would have to be reviewed by their parts manager. I received an e-mail today stating that the parts manager does not consider this a warranty issue. I have no idea how a seam separating isn't a warranty issue. They also have changed their policy and no longer provide a return label for the defective product. Maybe this change was due to multiple returns?

I have a call into Joe, at Auto Distributor direct. I'm going to give him a chance to correct the warranty denial by U-ACE.

In the meantime, I can say that U-ACE direct does not stand behind their product. I strongly recommend you consider my experience when making a decision to purchase 3D liners for your Fit. If a company offers a 3 year warranty and they won't honor their own warranty, what's the point of even having a warranty?

This was definitely a poor warranty service experience.

Name:  imagejpg1_zpsc1a9fc60.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  121.5 KB
Name:  imagejpg2_zps7fc97709.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  118.1 KB

Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm going to get with 3d on the issue tomorrow. From what I can see today they are going to replace the mat. However 3D does not pay for shipping the defective mat to them anymore. They do ship the replacement mat at no cost. I will be following up soon.

Joe

Old 04-09-2014, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Auto Distributor Direct
I'm going to get with 3d on the issue tomorrow. From what I can see today they are going to replace the mat. However 3D does not pay for shipping the defective mat to them anymore. They do ship the replacement mat at no cost. I will be following up soon.

Joe
Thank you Joe.

I'm pleased you're trying to resolve this for me. It appears you are standing more solidly behind the product than the actual manufacturer. They could learn something from you. I do believe if Kylie was making the decision at U-ACE, that it would have already been approved.

I'll be sure to post up upon resolution. Thanks again.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Thank you Joe.

I'm pleased you're trying to resolve this for me. It appears you are standing more solidly behind the product than the actual manufacturer. They could learn something from you. I do believe if Kylie was making the decision at U-ACE, that it would have already been approved.

I'll be sure to post up upon resolution. Thanks again.
I just sent a follow up to you, let me know if 3D got it taken care of, or if not I just emailed you my address for me to exchange the mats.

Thanks!

Joe

Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Auto Distributor Direct
I just sent a follow up to you, let me know if 3D got it taken care of, or if not I just emailed you my address for me to exchange the mats.

Thanks!

Joe
They've done absolutely nothing. I sent you an email.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Updating the progress of my warranty request again.

I've made contact with Joe, from Auto Distributor Direct and he's offered to replace my front liners. Let me say this, Joe is the one standing behind this product. Joe even said, via e-mail, he didn't understand why U-ACE would not make this right.

U-ACE, the manufacturer, has ignored my e-mails. They do not stand behind their product and 3 year warranty. Because of this horrible customer service experience, I will never recommend U-ACE or this product again. Buyer beware of U-ACE and their lack of warranty service.

I will say that the vendor, Auto Distributor Direct, is at least trying to make this right. After I finally receive my replacements, I will update this thread again.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-25-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Finally... a positive update to my denied U-ACE warranty claim. All due solely to Joe Rau's efforts at Auto Distributor Direct.

Let me say this, Joe Rau was the only one willing to help. He's more committed to the 3D liner product, than the manufacturer U-ACE. He called me a couple of times via phone and was extremely apologetic. He's shipping me a new front set and to my surprise, he even included a return label for all the trouble U-ACE put me through.

Let me say this, I think this is a good product. No product is perfect and this was never the issue. I do not think that U-ACE is committed to customer service and it's warranty, which was the issue.

In this experience, I do know Joe will warranty the product and provide great customer service. Having said that, if you have any issues with this product you need to contact Joe Rau. He will help you.

Here's what Joe told me via e-mail, which I thought was very important when you consider purchasing 3D liners:

We took care of it all here. In the future I will be handling all my customer returns so no one else has to go through what you did.

Thanks,

Joe
I hope U-ACE learns something from Joe. I'm not confident they will, but Joe will definitely help you.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
one full winter season and my aries mat came out very clean. besides their emblem pulling away from the mat, no issue.

i just broke off the rivet and completely yanked off their emblem. looks great again.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
one full winter season and my aries mat came out very clean. besides their emblem pulling away from the mat, no issue.

i just broke off the rivet and completely yanked off their emblem. looks great again.
That's great, Ken!

The design of the replacement liners I received are different. The fitment is better and the new design now has provisions for the OEM fasteners.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 PM
We had a rough winter in the north east US and my 3D liners took a beating -- salt dirt slush slurry while driving (yes actual standing puddles), frozen mess in the morning. I learned to occasionally dump it - if you let it get too deep it'll spill out while trying to remove the mat. Anyway, summer is here and I hosed them off... and they look practically new. The emblem is still on but the fasteners underneath came off, and there are signs where the saltwater got through the holes.

Wish the fit were better - large pucker along right side -- out of the way enough that it doesn't interfere with my feet or get much dirt down there but looks bad (mine were bought in ~October '13 so maybe they've been redesigned).

Old 06-10-2014, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
pordy,

They redesigned the driver's side liner. No longer any pucker and it finally fits well. Pics below.

Name:  P1060822_zps14899271.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  P1060816_zps8349c67a.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  127.9 KB

Old 06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
and I ordered a set last week from Joe. Arrived 3 days later. ya, here I was going to post that the day I installed it to today, I didn't notice any of the minuscule flaws anyone else noted, the fit was just perfect. The riveted logo was the same as 2012fitfan posted as well as the exposed stock locks for the driver.

Most importantly, it made a good dent in road noise. I know there was a road noise decibel comparison. Its only half telling, it makes a good dent in the tire-drone and overall decibel but equally important it made a huge difference the the mid and upper range unexpected noises. One of my major gripes for the car was that it was chincier on quality due to transfered road noise than what I was use to for cars. This addressed almost all of that in one swoop.

Yes, you lose the last quarter inch of pedal travel of the gas pedal so you lose open throttle. I am not a heavy footed person so I initially didn't think this to be a big issue but there has been a few express way entrance merges that have been a bit more harrowing. I am torn between knotching the mat, angle shaving the gas pedal or trying to shim the gas pedal. Its a topic I am going to sit on for a bit.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
i dont think there's going to be problems on the AT cars but on the MT where the heel is for the clutch, that area is prone to wear. they need to reposition the center decorative foot area so that the parting line does not come directly below where the heel lands. just not very well thought out imo.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by bensenvill
Yes, you lose the last quarter inch of pedal travel of the gas pedal so you lose open throttle.
Hmmm, most reports are good, but I still don't like the sounds of this.

Originally Posted by kenchan
i dont think there's going to be problems on the AT cars but on the MT where the heel is for the clutch, that area is prone to wear. they need to reposition the center decorative foot area so that the parting line does not come directly below where the heel lands. just not very well thought out imo.
Nor this.

~ S.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM
i've had mine for about 10 months, survived one of the worst winters in NJ history without a flaw and look new after a quick power wash. i cant comment on customer service since i havent had to deal with it thankfully

Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
I read a couple of those driver side issues and just didn't want to deal with it so I went with weather tech digi fronts (awesome and rugged) and the kagu rears (since less use back there). I like the setup!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Just purchased my Aries 3D front and rear liners from JC Whitney. Found a 20% off coupon (JCW64MLT16) and free shipping so my mats only came out to $110 with tax and shipped. Glad I searched as amazon wanted $150+tax.

Only complaint is no Prime 2-day shipping lol. I'll be patient and save $50 tyvm.

Last edited by shinjari; 02-09-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Received my Aries 3D liners quickly from JC Whitney and after vacumming the cat the OEM mats immediately came out and the these went in.

They went it super easy, hold great and look amazing. I am very happy with the color match, area covered and the extra cushy feel they have. Hopefully they are as easy to clean as they say they are and that this helps minimize the amount of pet hair I have to clean up after a trip with our Boxer since she sits in the back with the seats up.

Here are before (OEM mats already removed) and after pics. Also provided a pic of the tag to show that MAXspider and Aries are the same Kagu mats.

Attached Thumbnails Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_150420_zpsqbejfrcf.jpg   Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_150442_zpsc5ze46aj.jpg   Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_150417_zpskc6reaku.jpg   Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_150551_zpsg98luf2j.jpg   Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_145646_zpszyxzztqw.jpg  

Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_145637_zpszy9ywnum.jpg   Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160213_145609_zps3gzphqhw.jpg  
Old 02-18-2016, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
looks good. it holds ice and snow real well.. i know cause i have a frozen puddle on the mat in the cold mornings. haha

i recommend u put a piece of black hard felt on the right of the gas pedal on the hump. that area gets salted if u are in a snow belt state that use salt. i just duct taped the felt to the floor and placed the mat over it so looks perfectly normal and does not move around.

check amazon and also art places like michael's. they sell the hard felt.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Sunny San Diego here so salt is not a concern. But that is a good tip to those who are in snowy areas. =)

Quick Reply: Aries Floor Liners/Mats