2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Fit Misfire and IAT code

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM
2010 Fit Misfire and IAT code

Car has close to 40k on it now and today when I started the car up cold the CEL started flashing then stayed on steady. I've noticed over the last few weeks a rougher idle than usual but didn't think much to it since alot of Honda seem to have a shake at idle. I had the code pulled and came up with all the cylinders misfiring and random, also had a IAT code. Is this common on these cars for lower miles?

Just trying to get some info before i take it in under my extended Honda certified warranty.

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shane
Car has close to 40k on it now and today when I started the car up cold the CEL started flashing then stayed on steady. I've noticed over the last few weeks a rougher idle than usual but didn't think much to it since alot of Honda seem to have a shake at idle. I had the code pulled and came up with all the cylinders misfiring and random, also had a IAT code. Is this common on these cars for lower miles?

Just trying to get some info before i take it in under my extended Honda certified warranty.

Thanks!
Is it common? I don't pay nearly enough attention, so I don't know for sure. But, I'm leaning towards no.

I have a 2010 Fit with about 54k miles on it. And the only time I got a CEL was around this time last year. I had installed a new radio and played with it until the battery died around thanksgiving. Then I went on a month long trip out of the country and the battery died again (left a few days after the install). This times I got the CEL, which I believe was related to the dead battery.

maybe you need some new spark plugs? or coil packs? I dunno.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM
i had this same problem. i just changed the mass air filter for about 150 bucks and problem was solved

Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by JaStonE
i had this same problem. i just changed the mass air filter for about 150 bucks and problem was solved
Yea i went ahead and put the stock intake back on the car and put the extra MAF i had laying around on it from my 2009 Fit(long story short my last fit got totaled and i took the CAI off that with the maf and installed it on my new fit when i got my 2010, so i have 2 MAFs and 2 stock intakes)

But yea the cai has been on this car for over 25k and no issues until just now with the CEL popped up.

I guess in the mean time while i have the CAI off ill clean the MAF i took off and reinstall it later.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Well cleaned the MAF and installed and new filter on the CAI, and cleared the codes. Seems to be good so far.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by shane
Well cleaned the MAF and installed and new filter on the CAI, and cleared the codes. Seems to be good so far.
so to clear thing up, the problem was just a dirty after market filter?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Junior Pena
Yea i have a few buddies who are techs at Honda dealers and when i told them what's going on they asked me two things 1. how dirty is the Air filter 2. is the Maf dirty.

Honestly my Honda is just a beater/DD and i change the oil and put gas in it, it has prob been 10-15k since i last cleaned the K&N filter on my PRM CAI.

Pulled it all off and the filter was pretty nasty so i cleaned the MAF and got a brand new filter for it and the idle and driving seems to be a little smoother, and no Check engine light either.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Junior Pena
the problem was an aftermarket CAI/Air filter that got crap on the MAF sensor and/or had the wrong cross sectional diameter (air flow was measured wrong).

A dirty air filter will not cause misfires, loss of efficiency in a fuel injected car. If it's plugged there will be some loss in power.

Last edited by Steve244; 12-15-2012 at 10:14 AM.